|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
2. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(a) Breast cancer.
3. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
4. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(b) Mix of Navajo and white.
5. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
4. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
5. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)