|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
2. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
3. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) She doesn't have a job.
(b) Veterinarian assistant.
(c) Medicine apprentice.
(d) Reservation pharmacy.
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
2. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
3. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
4. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
5. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)