|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(b) One hundred.
2. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(d) Mix of Navajo and white.
3. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) Veterinarian assistant.
(b) She doesn't have a job.
(c) Reservation pharmacy.
(d) Medicine apprentice.
4. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
5. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(a) Loyola Marymount.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
3. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
4. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
5. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)