|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
4. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The sick.
(b) The liars.
(c) The dead.
(d) The living.
5. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
(d) Human anatomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
2. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
3. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
4. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
5. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)