|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
2. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(b) Breast cancer.
3. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(a) Training facilities.
4. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(a) Medicine man.
5. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(b) The nurses.
(d) Dr. Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
2. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
3. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
4. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
5. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)