|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
2. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(a) Single life.
(b) Better life.
3. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
2. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
5. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)