|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
(a) Biology remedial courses.
(b) Nursing school.
(c) A new hospital.
(d) Medical school.
2. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Turn in homework.
(b) Raise her hand.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Correct the teacher.
3. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
4. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
5. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(b) Research assistant.
(c) Fact checker.
(d) Research technician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
3. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
4. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
5. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)