|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(c) Water line.
3. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(c) Medicine man.
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(b) Singing Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
2. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
3. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
4. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
5. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)