|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
2. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(b) Loyola Marymount.
3. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
4. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
5. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The living.
(b) The sick.
(c) The liars.
(d) The dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
2. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
3. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
4. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
5. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)