|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(a) Singing Woman.
2. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
3. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(d) Training facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
2. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
3. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
4. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
5. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)