|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(a) Dr. Alvord.
(d) The nurses.
3. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
4. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
5. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(d) Beauty Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
2. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
3. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)