|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
3. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
4. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
5. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
(a) University of New Mexico.
(b) University of Phoenix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
2. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
3. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
4. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
5. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)