|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(a) One hundred.
2. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
3. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
4. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
5. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The liars.
(b) The living.
(c) The sick.
(d) The dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
2. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
3. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)