|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(a) Dr. Alvord.
(d) The nurses.
2. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
(a) Human anatomy.
3. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
4. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(a) Water line.
5. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
2. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
3. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
4. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
5. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)