|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
2. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
3. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
4. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
5. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(a) Breast cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
3. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)