|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
2. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
3. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
2. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
3. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
4. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
5. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)