|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
2. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(b) Breast cancer.
3. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
4. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) She doesn't have a job.
(b) Reservation pharmacy.
(c) Medicine apprentice.
(d) Veterinarian assistant.
5. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
2. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
3. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)