|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
2. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) Third world country.
(b) Mine field.
(d) War zone.
3. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
4. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(c) Training facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
2. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
3. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
4. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
5. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)