|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
2. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
(a) A new hospital.
(b) Biology remedial courses.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Nursing school.
3. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
4. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
5. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(b) Loyola Marymount.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
2. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)