|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(a) Dr. Alvord.
(c) The nurses.
3. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(a) Smaller cities.
4. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
5. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
2. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
5. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)