|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
2. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(c) Single life.
(d) Better life.
3. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
4. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
5. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(b) Research technician.
(c) Fact checker.
(d) Research assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
3. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)