|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) War zone.
(c) Third world country.
(d) Mine field.
2. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
3. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(a) Research assistant.
(c) Research technician.
(d) Fact checker.
4. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(a) Training facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
2. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
3. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
4. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
5. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)