|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
2. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) Mine field.
(b) War zone.
(d) Third world country.
3. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
(d) Human anatomy.
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(a) The nurses.
(c) Dr. Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
2. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
3. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)