|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Discuss with others.
(b) Turn in homework.
(c) Correct the teacher.
(d) Raise her hand.
2. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
3. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
4. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
5. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
2. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
3. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
4. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
5. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)