|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(c) Dr. Alvord.
(d) The nurses.
3. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
4. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
5. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
2. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
3. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
4. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
5. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)