|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
2. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Her family.
(c) The tea leaves.
(d) A child.
3. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Kidney stones.
(b) Throat cancers.
(c) Bad livers.
(d) Large gallstones.
4. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
5. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
2. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
3. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
4. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
5. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)