|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(c) Water line.
3. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
4. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
5. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
2. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
3. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
4. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
5. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)