|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Correct the teacher.
(b) Turn in homework.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Raise her hand.
2. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
3. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Pinon nuts.
(c) Brazil nuts.
(d) Corn husks.
4. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
5. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
3. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
4. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
5. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)