|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Kidney stones.
(b) Throat cancers.
(c) Large gallstones.
(d) Bad livers.
2. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(d) Medicine man.
3. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Brazil nuts.
(d) Pinon nuts.
4. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
5. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
2. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
3. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
4. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
5. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)