|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
2. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
(c) Gall bladder.
(d) Voice box.
3. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
(b) Gatherings of family.
(c) Smoke lodges.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
2. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
3. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
4. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
5. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)