|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
2. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
3. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
4. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
(a) Evergreen tree.
(b) Orange tree.
5. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Raise her hand.
(b) Discuss with others.
(c) Correct the teacher.
(d) Turn in homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
3. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
4. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
5. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)