|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(b) Geographical location.
2. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Pinon nuts.
(b) Corn husks.
(c) Brazil nuts.
3. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
4. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
5. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
2. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
3. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)