|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(a) Medicine man.
2. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
3. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
4. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
5. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver fox.
(b) Silver spider.
(c) Silver snake.
(d) Silver bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
2. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
3. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
4. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
5. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)