|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(b) Motor vehicle accidents.
(d) Heart attacks.
2. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(b) Pinon nuts.
(c) Brazil nuts.
(d) Corn husks.
3. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
(b) El Paso.
4. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
5. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
(b) Progress notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
2. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
5. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)