|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(b) Water line.
3. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(a) Animal doctor.
(b) Medicine woman.
4. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(a) Smaller cities.
5. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
2. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
3. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
4. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
5. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)