|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(b) Geographical location.
2. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Turn in homework.
(b) Discuss with others.
(c) Raise her hand.
(d) Correct the teacher.
3. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
4. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
5. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
Short Answer Questions
1. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
2. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
3. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)