|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(b) Stomach virus.
(d) Severe respiratory distress.
2. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(b) Rat droppings.
(c) Mold spores.
(d) Wet spots.
3. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(a) Blood vesssel.
4. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Turn in homework.
(b) Correct the teacher.
(c) Raise her hand.
(d) Discuss with others.
5. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
2. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
3. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
4. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
5. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)