|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(a) Smaller cities.
2. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
(b) Gatherings of family.
(d) Smoke lodges.
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
5. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(b) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
2. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
3. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
4. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)