|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Her family.
(c) A child.
(d) The tea leaves.
2. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
3. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
4. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
5. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Benign tumor removal.
(b) Breast augmentation.
(c) Gallbladder surgery.
(d) Appendix removal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
2. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
3. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
4. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)