|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
2. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(a) Stomach virus.
(b) Severe respiratory distress.
3. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(c) Medicine woman.
(d) Animal doctor.
4. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(a) Training facilities.
5. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Throat cancers.
(b) Large gallstones.
(c) Bad livers.
(d) Kidney stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
2. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
3. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
4. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
5. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)