|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Correct the teacher.
(b) Raise her hand.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Turn in homework.
2. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
(b) Gatherings of family.
(d) Smoke lodges.
3. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
2. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
3. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
4. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
5. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)