|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(b) The nurses.
(c) Dr. Alvord.
2. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
(a) Limited meat.
3. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
(c) Bad luck.
4. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
5. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
2. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
3. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
4. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
5. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)