|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(b) Motor vehicle accidents.
(d) Heart attacks.
2. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
3. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
(d) Limited meat.
4. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
5. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
2. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
3. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)