|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
2. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(b) Heart attacks.
(c) Motor vehicle accidents.
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Throat cancers.
(b) Large gallstones.
(c) Kidney stones.
(d) Bad livers.
5. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
2. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
3. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
4. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
5. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)