|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
2. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(c) Heart attacks.
(d) Motor vehicle accidents.
3. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
4. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Rat droppings.
(c) Wet spots.
(d) Mold spores.
5. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) A child.
(c) Her family.
(d) The tea leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
2. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
3. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
4. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
5. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)