|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
2. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
3. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
4. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Correct the teacher.
(b) Raise her hand.
(c) Turn in homework.
(d) Discuss with others.
5. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
2. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
3. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
4. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
5. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)