|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
2. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver bear.
(b) Silver fox.
(c) Silver spider.
(d) Silver snake.
3. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(c) One hundred.
4. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Bad livers.
(b) Throat cancers.
(c) Large gallstones.
(d) Kidney stones.
5. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
3. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
4. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)