|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
2. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
3. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(b) One hundred.
4. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(b) Animal doctor.
(d) Medicine woman.
5. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
(b) Progress notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
2. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
3. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
4. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
5. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)