|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The 'Navajo Plague'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Brazil nuts.
(c) Corn husks.
(d) Pinon nuts.
2. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
3. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
4. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(b) Training facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
2. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
5. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)