|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
2. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
(a) Standing up.
(b) Healing practices.
3. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
4. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
(a) Gatherings of family.
(c) Smoke lodges.
5. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
2. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
3. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
4. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
5. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)