|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
2. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
3. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
4. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
5. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(a) Too happy.
(c) In the last year of residency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
2. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
3. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
4. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
5. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)