|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
2. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
3. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Bad livers.
(b) Kidney stones.
(c) Throat cancers.
(d) Large gallstones.
4. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(a) Continue with surgery.
(c) See a medicine man.
(d) Take medication.
5. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
2. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
3. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
4. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
5. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)