|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(d) Breast cancer.
2. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(a) Stomach aches.
(c) Pelvic pain.
(d) Kidney infections.
3. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
(a) Mother's condition.
(b) False labor.
4. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(a) Medicine man.
5. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
2. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
3. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
4. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
5. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)