|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
(d) Limited meat.
2. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
(c) Standing up.
(d) Healing practices.
3. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
4. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
2. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
3. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
4. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
5. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)