|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
(a) Mother's condition.
(d) False labor.
2. Alvord comes to look at the ________ of the being of each of her patients, according to the book.
3. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
(b) El Paso.
4. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
2. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
3. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
4. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
5. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)