|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
2. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Large gallstones.
(b) Throat cancers.
(c) Bad livers.
(d) Kidney stones.
3. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
4. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(c) Chicken pox.
5. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(b) Take medication.
(c) See a medicine man.
(d) Continue with surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
2. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
3. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
4. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
5. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)