|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
2. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
(d) Limited meat.
3. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
(b) Healing practices.
(c) Standing up.
4. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
5. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
(a) Mother's condition.
(d) False labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
2. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
3. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
4. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
5. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)