|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(b) In the last year of residency.
(c) Too happy.
2. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
3. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
4. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
(c) Smoke lodges.
(d) Gatherings of family.
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(a) Training facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
2. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
3. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
4. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
5. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)