|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
2. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(a) Chicken pox.
3. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(b) Training facilities.
4. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
5. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
2. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
3. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
4. Alvord comes to look at the ________ of the being of each of her patients, according to the book.
5. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)