|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(a) Pelvic pain.
(b) Stomach aches.
(d) Kidney infections.
2. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Kidney stones.
(b) Bad livers.
(c) Large gallstones.
(d) Throat cancers.
3. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
4. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
5. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
2. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
3. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
4. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
5. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)