|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(c) Breast cancer.
2. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) A child.
(c) The tea leaves.
(d) Her family.
3. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
4. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
5. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(c) The nurses.
(d) Dr. Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
2. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
3. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
4. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
5. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)