|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(a) Medicine man.
2. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(a) Take medication.
(c) See a medicine man.
(d) Continue with surgery.
3. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
4. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(a) The nurses.
(c) Dr. Alvord.
5. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) The tea leaves.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Her family.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
2. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
3. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
4. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
5. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)