|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(a) See a medicine man.
(c) Continue with surgery.
(d) Take medication.
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(b) The nurses.
(d) Dr. Alvord.
3. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
4. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(d) Chicken pox.
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
2. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
3. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)