|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Do Not Try to Count the Stars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
2. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
3. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
4. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
2. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
3. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
4. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
5. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)