Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Introduction and Chapter One, Chantways Abstract
* This book is the story of Dr. Lori Arviso Alvord.
* Chantways are songs used to cure people.
* Dr. Alvord is the first Navajo to become a surgeon.
* Dr. Alvord works at the Gallup Indian Medical Center.
* Navajos do not dream of a bigger life, but Dr. Alvord's mother encourages her...
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)