|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine music.
(b) Fine wine.
(c) Fine food.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
(b) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
(c) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
(d) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
3. What delays Merlyn's plans to seek justice for the attack in Chapter 21?
(a) Bad snow and other weather.
(b) A dream his has.
(c) Arthur's illness.
(d) Sheelagh's pregnancy.
4. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five minutes -- if that.
5. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
(a) A lioness.
(b) An egret.
(c) A snake.
(d) A hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
2. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
3. What causes Merlyn's horse to run away as he is trying to rescue Mordecai?
4. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
5. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ambrose think that the snow storm in Chapter 22 might be a blessing in disguise?
2. In what situation does Merlyn find Mordecai after everyone goes out looking for him?
3. What misunderstanding do Dergyll and Merlyn realize has happened between them?
4. What does Merlyn realize in Chapter 20 as he is at the shooting range to meet his brother?
5. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn about the feasts her father hosts?
6. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
7. What is Liam Twistback best known for?
8. What is Merlyn's opinion of Arthur's wet nurse after he tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
9. How does Arthur's wet nurse react when Merlyn tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
10. What do Merlyn and the men of Eire do to prepare themselves for the attack that they suspect is coming after one of their men disappears into the woods?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)