|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
2. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
3. Who is Dergyll?
(a) Uther's cousin.
(b) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(c) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
(d) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
4. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
(a) Brute force.
(c) Merlyn's sorcery.
(d) Their horses.
5. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
(a) That he has reinforcements on the way.
(b) That he will kill them all bare-handed, as he has done before.
(c) That he is there only as a messenger for King Athol.
(d) That he is not there to fight but just wants his horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
2. How long does Merlyn have to wait for help with Mordecai?
3. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
4. What evidence do Merlyn and his men find by the hanging bodies in Chapter 26?
5. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Huw tell Merlyn about Cambria in Chapter 20?
2. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
3. Why does Ambrose think that the snow storm in Chapter 22 might be a blessing in disguise?
4. What ends up happening with Sheelagh and Donuil in Chapter 23?
5. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
6. Why do Merlyn's friends make him go hunting before the festivities in Chapter 21?
7. How does Arthur's wet nurse react when Merlyn tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
8. How does Merlyn react in Chapter 19 when he hears that the leper colony has been attacked?
9. What is Liam Twistback best known for?
10. What do Merlyn and his group realize about the armed men they see early in Chapter 19, right after they land on familiar soil?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)