|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) Two sons.
(b) None; they don't want any children.
(c) Two sons and two daughters.
(d) Two daughters.
2. What message does Dergyll give Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) That they only have a few weapons but they are powerful.
(b) That he has weapons and men and is prepared to fight.
(c) That he is willing to surrender his weapons without any battle.
(d) That he's rather trade weapons than fight.
3. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
(b) Very tense.
4. What causes Merlyn's horse to run away as he is trying to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(b) A spirit.
(c) Merlyn's angry yelling and cursing.
(d) A gunshot.
5. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
(a) That he is very shy and needs to be a little friendlier.
(b) Nearly everyone finds him delightful.
(c) That he is growing up to be spoiled.
(d) That he is super smart but not very nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
2. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
3. What is Twistback's relationship with his daughter, Sheelagh, like?
4. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
5. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merlyn react in Chapter 19 when he hears that the leper colony has been attacked?
2. In what situation does Merlyn find Mordecai after everyone goes out looking for him?
3. What does Merlyn come to realize as he continues on his search for the horses after the death of Mordecai?
4. What do Merlyn and the men of Eire do to prepare themselves for the attack that they suspect is coming after one of their men disappears into the woods?
5. What is particularly delightful about Arthur, as noted in Chapter 23?
6. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
7. What is Merlyn's opinion of Arthur's wet nurse after he tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
8. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn about the feasts her father hosts?
9. For what reasons does Sheelagh given Merlyn such a deep kiss as she leaves to reunite with Donuil?
10. What misunderstanding do Dergyll and Merlyn realize has happened between them?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)