|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) A deep kiss.
(b) Her ring.
(c) A picture of herself.
(d) A flower.
2. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A plague of locusts.
(b) A drought.
(c) A body of armed men.
(d) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
3. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
4. What kind of feeling does Merlyn have as he and his people depart Eire?
(a) A sense of foreboding.
(b) A sense of joy.
(c) A sense of relief.
(d) A sense of sadness.
5. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
(a) They had prearranged signals.
(b) She didn't but she had to take the chance.
(c) She just knew instinctively.
(d) She had a prophetic dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
2. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
3. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
4. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
5. Who is Dergyll?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Dergyll and Merlyn realize what has happened with Ironhair?
2. What advice does Ambrose give Merlyn in Chapter 20 when Merlyn mentions that he'd like to travel to Cambria?
3. What does Merlyn come to realize as he continues on his search for the horses after the death of Mordecai?
4. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn about the feasts her father hosts?
5. What is particularly delightful about Arthur, as noted in Chapter 23?
6. How does Arthur's wet nurse react when Merlyn tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
7. What happens that leads Merlyn to suspect something is wrong as he and his group depart Eire?
8. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
9. In what situation does Merlyn find Mordecai after everyone goes out looking for him?
10. What ends up happening with Sheelagh and Donuil in Chapter 23?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)