|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
(a) That he is there only as a messenger for King Athol.
(b) That he has reinforcements on the way.
(c) That he will kill them all bare-handed, as he has done before.
(d) That he is not there to fight but just wants his horses.
2. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
(a) Renewing their alliance with each other.
(b) That Dergyll should come to Camuld more often.
(c) How to find wives.
(d) The best way to breed horses.
3. What is Twistback's relationship with his daughter, Sheelagh, like?
(a) He dotes on her and enjoys spoiling her.
(b) He can be very nice but also very mean to her.
(c) He is mad he never had a son and takes it out on her.
(d) He is very harsh on her.
4. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
(a) A hawk.
(b) An egret.
(c) A lioness.
(d) A snake.
5. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
(a) That he has taken a blood oath to protect him.
(b) That the man tried to kill him.
(c) That they are lovers.
(d) That they are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
2. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
3. What do Merlyn and his competitor shoot at during the shooting contest in Chapter 20?
4. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
5. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)