|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) Two daughters.
(b) Two sons and two daughters.
(c) None; they don't want any children.
(d) Two sons.
2. When does the surprise attack come against Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) At sunset.
(b) In the middle of a town wedding.
(c) In the middle of a town funeral.
(d) At dawn.
3. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine food.
(b) Fine wine.
(c) Fine music.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. As he is falling asleep at the end of Chapter 20, what does Merlyn realize he just needs to think of in order to feel happy?
(a) Arthur's wet nurse.
(c) His aunt.
5. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
(a) Because he can't seem to get Donuil alone.
(b) Because Donuil doesn't believe in prophetic dreams.
(c) Because he realizes Donuil is a spy.
(d) Because Donuil is too distraught over Sheelagh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
2. How does Arthur react when he sees Excalibur for the first time?
3. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
4. How does Dergyll know that Merlyn is telling the truth about Ironhair?
5. How long were Merlyn and his group actually gone while they were in Eire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arthur's wet nurse react when Merlyn tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
2. What do Merlyn and the men of Eire do to prepare themselves for the attack that they suspect is coming after one of their men disappears into the woods?
3. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
4. What is Liam Twistback best known for?
5. How does Merlyn react in Chapter 19 when he hears that the leper colony has been attacked?
6. What do Merlyn and his group realize about the armed men they see early in Chapter 19, right after they land on familiar soil?
7. What happens that leads Merlyn to suspect something is wrong as he and his group depart Eire?
8. What does Sheelagh seem to know instinctively about her relationship with Donuil?
9. Why do Merlyn's friends make him go hunting before the festivities in Chapter 21?
10. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn as she departs to go reunite with Donuil?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)