|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(c) Bows and arrows.
2. How long did Lucanus think Merlyn and his group would be gone to Eire?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
3. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 17, where does Athol say he is going to move his people for the Winter?
5. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They don't really care one way or the other.
(b) They feel sad for them.
(c) They think it was a mercy killing.
(d) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mordecai die?
2. Why does Sheelagh ask Merlyn's opinion of Donuil?
3. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
4. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
5. What evidence do Merlyn and his men find by the hanging bodies in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What misunderstanding do Dergyll and Merlyn realize has happened between them?
2. What does Merlyn come to realize as he continues on his search for the horses after the death of Mordecai?
3. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
4. What is Merlyn's opinion of Arthur's wet nurse after he tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
5. What happens that leads Merlyn to suspect something is wrong as he and his group depart Eire?
6. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
7. For what reasons does Sheelagh given Merlyn such a deep kiss as she leaves to reunite with Donuil?
8. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn as she departs to go reunite with Donuil?
9. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn about the feasts her father hosts?
10. Why does Ambrose think that the snow storm in Chapter 22 might be a blessing in disguise?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)