|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five minutes -- if that.
(d) Five weeks.
2. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(b) Very, very happy.
3. What evidence do Merlyn and his men find by the hanging bodies in Chapter 26?
(a) Evidence of a set-up.
(b) Evidence of a trap.
(c) Evidence that Donuil was behind it all.
(d) Evidence of their horses.
4. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) None; they don't want any children.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) Two sons and two daughters.
(d) Two sons.
5. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
(a) She knows that Donuil hates people who talk about stuff like this.
(b) She doesn't want to be accused of sorcery.
(c) She is afraid one will be incorrect and then people will call her a liar.
(d) She is afraid people will bother her all the time with requests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Lucanus think Merlyn and his group would be gone to Eire?
2. What message does Dergyll give Merlyn when they first meet?
3. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
4. What do Merlyn and his competitor shoot at during the shooting contest in Chapter 20?
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Merlyn and his group realize about the armed men they see early in Chapter 19, right after they land on familiar soil?
2. In what situation does Merlyn find Mordecai after everyone goes out looking for him?
3. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
4. What happens after Dergyll and Merlyn realize what has happened with Ironhair?
5. What do Merlyn and the men of Eire do to prepare themselves for the attack that they suspect is coming after one of their men disappears into the woods?
6. What misunderstanding do Dergyll and Merlyn realize has happened between them?
7. What happens that leads Merlyn to suspect something is wrong as he and his group depart Eire?
8. What does Merlyn realize in Chapter 20 as he is at the shooting range to meet his brother?
9. How does Arthur's wet nurse react when Merlyn tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
10. What is Merlyn's opinion of Arthur's wet nurse after he tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)