|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the surprise attack come against Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) At dawn.
(b) In the middle of a town funeral.
(c) At sunset.
(d) In the middle of a town wedding.
2. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
(a) That he is there only as a messenger for King Athol.
(b) That he will kill them all bare-handed, as he has done before.
(c) That he is not there to fight but just wants his horses.
(d) That he has reinforcements on the way.
3. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Fine food.
(c) Fine wine.
(d) Fine music.
4. How does Merlyn feel as he heads to Liam Twistback's home for dinner?
(a) Unsure of what to expect.
(b) Easy and relaxed.
(c) Nervous about seeing Sheelagh again.
(d) Very defensive; he is worried Twistback might try to kill him.
5. What do Merlyn and his competitor shoot at during the shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(a) An apple on a fence.
(b) A bird in a tree.
(c) A small brooch planted in a haystack.
(d) A rose on a rose bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
2. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
3. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
4. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
5. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)