|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of feeling does Merlyn have as he and his people depart Eire?
(a) A sense of relief.
(b) A sense of sadness.
(c) A sense of foreboding.
(d) A sense of joy.
2. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
(a) They are angry they took such a long journey to such a boring place.
(b) They are underwhelmed and unimpressed.
(c) They think it's nice but not quite like home.
(d) They are overwhelmed and impressed.
3. When does Mordecai die?
(a) When he arrives back home.
(b) During the night he spends with Merlyn.
(c) Right as help arrives.
(d) Before Merlyn can reach him.
4. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
5. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Fine wine.
(c) Fine food.
(d) Fine music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
2. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
3. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
4. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
5. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Ambrose give Merlyn in Chapter 20 when Merlyn mentions that he'd like to travel to Cambria?
2. What does Huw tell Merlyn about Cambria in Chapter 20?
3. How does Arthur's wet nurse react when Merlyn tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
4. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
5. Why does Ambrose think that the snow storm in Chapter 22 might be a blessing in disguise?
6. What is Merlyn's opinion of Arthur's wet nurse after he tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
7. What happens after Dergyll and Merlyn realize what has happened with Ironhair?
8. What ends up happening with Sheelagh and Donuil in Chapter 23?
9. What do Merlyn and his group realize about the armed men they see early in Chapter 19, right after they land on familiar soil?
10. What is particularly delightful about Arthur, as noted in Chapter 23?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)