|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(b) A drought.
(c) A plague of locusts.
(d) A body of armed men.
2. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
(a) Her brother.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her grandson.
3. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The shire.
(d) The leper colony.
4. When does the surprise attack come against Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) At dawn.
(b) In the middle of a town wedding.
(c) At sunset.
(d) In the middle of a town funeral.
5. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
(a) He was injured riding his horse.
(b) He was found tied up in the woods.
(c) He was actually out for a fling with his girlfriend.
(d) He tried to kill a bear but wasn't strong enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
2. Who tells Merlyn that some men attacked the leper colony?
3. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
4. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
5. How does Dergyll know that Merlyn is telling the truth about Ironhair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merlyn react in Chapter 19 when he hears that the leper colony has been attacked?
2. What do Merlyn and his group realize about the armed men they see early in Chapter 19, right after they land on familiar soil?
3. What ends up happening with Sheelagh and Donuil in Chapter 23?
4. What does Huw tell Merlyn about Cambria in Chapter 20?
5. What does Sheelagh seem to know instinctively about her relationship with Donuil?
6. What happens after Dergyll and Merlyn realize what has happened with Ironhair?
7. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
8. In what situation does Merlyn find Mordecai after everyone goes out looking for him?
9. Why do Merlyn's friends make him go hunting before the festivities in Chapter 21?
10. What do Merlyn and the men of Eire do to prepare themselves for the attack that they suspect is coming after one of their men disappears into the woods?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)