|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, where does Athol say he is going to move his people for the Winter?
2. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A flower.
(c) A deep kiss.
(d) A picture of herself.
3. Who tells Merlyn to go on a hunt in Chapter 21?
(a) His wife.
(d) His friends.
4. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
5. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
(a) Because Donuil is too distraught over Sheelagh.
(b) Because Donuil doesn't believe in prophetic dreams.
(c) Because he realizes Donuil is a spy.
(d) Because he can't seem to get Donuil alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feeling does Merlyn have as he and his people depart Eire?
2. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
3. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
4. How long were Merlyn and his group actually gone while they were in Eire?
5. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arthur's wet nurse react when Merlyn tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
2. What is Merlyn's opinion of Arthur's wet nurse after he tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
3. For what reasons does Sheelagh given Merlyn such a deep kiss as she leaves to reunite with Donuil?
4. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
5. What ends up happening with Sheelagh and Donuil in Chapter 23?
6. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
7. Why do Merlyn's friends make him go hunting before the festivities in Chapter 21?
8. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn as she departs to go reunite with Donuil?
9. What happens that leads Merlyn to suspect something is wrong as he and his group depart Eire?
10. What does Merlyn come to realize as he continues on his search for the horses after the death of Mordecai?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)