|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
(a) He tried to kill a bear but wasn't strong enough.
(b) He was actually out for a fling with his girlfriend.
(c) He was found tied up in the woods.
(d) He was injured riding his horse.
2. In Chapter 17, where does Athol say he is going to move his people for the Winter?
3. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) How much he needs a dad who can be around every day.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) How quickly the child is growing.
(d) How smart he is.
4. What does Merlyn realize is the only way for him to get down and help Mordecai?
(a) To lower himself using a rope.
(b) To slide down on his belly, like a snake.
(c) To crawl down on his hands and knees.
(d) To walk backward to reduce the risk of falling.
5. What kind of feeling does Merlyn have as he and his people depart Eire?
(a) A sense of relief.
(b) A sense of foreboding.
(c) A sense of sadness.
(d) A sense of joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
2. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
3. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
4. Who tells Merlyn to go on a hunt in Chapter 21?
5. What do Merlyn and his competitor shoot at during the shooting contest in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merlyn come to realize as he continues on his search for the horses after the death of Mordecai?
2. Why does Ambrose think that the snow storm in Chapter 22 might be a blessing in disguise?
3. What does Sheelagh seem to know instinctively about her relationship with Donuil?
4. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
5. What misunderstanding do Dergyll and Merlyn realize has happened between them?
6. How does Merlyn react in Chapter 19 when he hears that the leper colony has been attacked?
7. What is particularly delightful about Arthur, as noted in Chapter 23?
8. What is Merlyn's opinion of Arthur's wet nurse after he tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
9. What do Merlyn and his group realize about the armed men they see early in Chapter 19, right after they land on familiar soil?
10. In what situation does Merlyn find Mordecai after everyone goes out looking for him?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)