|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Merlyn to go on a hunt in Chapter 21?
(b) His friends.
(c) His wife.
2. How long did Lucanus think Merlyn and his group would be gone to Eire?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six days.
3. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The leper colony.
(b) The shire.
4. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(b) A body of armed men.
(c) A drought.
(d) A plague of locusts.
5. Who is Dergyll?
(a) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
(b) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(c) Uther's cousin.
(d) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
2. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
3. What do Merlyn and his competitor shoot at during the shooting contest in Chapter 20?
4. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
5. What role did Twistback once play with a troupe of showman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Merlyn's friends make him go hunting before the festivities in Chapter 21?
2. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn about the feasts her father hosts?
3. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
4. Why does Ambrose think that the snow storm in Chapter 22 might be a blessing in disguise?
5. What misunderstanding do Dergyll and Merlyn realize has happened between them?
6. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn as she departs to go reunite with Donuil?
7. What does Sheelagh seem to know instinctively about her relationship with Donuil?
8. What ends up happening with Sheelagh and Donuil in Chapter 23?
9. What is particularly delightful about Arthur, as noted in Chapter 23?
10. What happens that leads Merlyn to suspect something is wrong as he and his group depart Eire?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)