|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Connor's sister?
2. How does Merlyn react when teased by Lucanus about his attraction to Ludmilla?
(a) He gets absoultely furious and starts a fight.
(b) He ignores it, as his mother advised many years ago.
(c) He immediately denies it.
(d) He teases Lucanus right back.
3. What does Merlyn do when he finds Uther's body?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Looks for jewelry he can sell for food.
(c) Steals the clothes.
(d) Makes a funeral pyre for him.
4. How many days after his stabbing does Merlyn finally leave for Eire?
5. In Chapter 1, what solidifies to Merlyn that he knows his captors?
(a) A dream.
(b) A scar he sees on one of the men's faces.
(c) An image on the mast.
(d) His intuition.
6. What wild animal prevents the beginning of the calvary show for Athol?
(a) A bear.
(b) A enormous snake.
(c) A boar.
(d) A lion.
7. When was "The Saxon Shore" originally published?
8. How does Merlyn's aunt react when she sees him in Chapter 4?
(a) She is very happy.
(b) She is very angry.
(c) She simply doesn't believe it, since she thought he was dead.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
9. When Ambrose and Ludmilla come to check on Merlyn after he is stabbed, what is he doing when they think he is sleeping?
(a) Writing a love letter to Ludmilla.
(b) Sending out messengers about his attack.
(c) Planning his escape.
(d) Pretending to sleep.
10. Who is Athol?
(a) Dedalus' brother.
(b) Arthur's wet nurse.
(c) The king in Eire.
(d) Merlyn's confidant.
11. How does Ambrose react to the beauty and power of Camulod?
(a) It just makes him miss home even more.
(b) He is overwhelmed by it.
(c) He is too depressed to even notice it.
(d) He thinks it's nice but that it will never match that of Rome.
12. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
(c) Outside in the forest.
13. How does Athol react to the gifts Merlyn and Donuil bring?
(a) He is furious because he sees them as godly.
(b) He doesn't really understand them, actually.
(c) He is so humbled by them, he weeps.
(d) He is amazed.
14. Who wants to join Donuil and Merlyn on their trip to Eire?
(d) Merlyn's aunt.
15. Who is Popilius?
(a) A man who tries to kidnap Arthur.
(b) A man who tries to assassinate Merlyn.
(c) Merlyn's father.
(d) A senior soldier in Camulod.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merlyn react to Lucanus's request that he visit the leper colony?
2. What does the wild animal that interrupts the beginning of the cavalry show do second?
3. Who does Merlyn think killed Uther?
4. What wild animal attacks the group in Chapter 11?
5. What gift does Merlyn give one of the lepers in the leper colony?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)