|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Merlyn suspect is behind his stabbing?
2. When Ambrose and Ludmilla come to check on Merlyn after he is stabbed, what is he doing when they think he is sleeping?
(a) Sending out messengers about his attack.
(b) Writing a love letter to Ludmilla.
(c) Pretending to sleep.
(d) Planning his escape.
3. Why does Merlyn often try to avoid his dreams?
(a) Because they show him how rotten and cruel he is inside.
(b) Because they are so silly.
(c) Because they are so sad -- and mostly about his dead wife.
(d) Because they are dark, frightening, and prophetic.
4. What relationship do Lucanus and Ludmilla have?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) Ludmilla is studying medicine under Lucanas.
(d) They hate each other, actually.
5. Who is Mungo?
(a) A beautiful woman who enchants Merlyn.
(b) Arthur's young cousin.
(c) Arthur's new friend in Eire.
(d) King Athol's adviser.
6. What does the wild animal that interrupts the beginning of the cavalry show do second?
(a) Attack the crowds.
(b) Eat a baby.
(c) Stand up straight and scare everyone to pieces.
(d) Kill a man.
7. What wild animal attacks the group in Chapter 11?
(a) An enraged boar.
(b) A ferocious cougar of some kind.
(c) An injured bear.
(d) An unruly alligator.
8. What promise does Merlyn make to the dead Uther?
(a) That his death will go unnoticed by anyone important.
(b) That his son will think well of him.
(c) That he will rot in hell.
(d) That Merlyn will finally feel satisfaction over his death.
9. How does Merlyn react when teased by Lucanus about his attraction to Ludmilla?
(a) He gets absoultely furious and starts a fight.
(b) He immediately denies it.
(c) He ignores it, as his mother advised many years ago.
(d) He teases Lucanus right back.
10. What kind of romantic relationships make Merlyn uncomfortable in the beginning of "The Saxon Shore"?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Anything other than heterosexual relationships.
(c) Any romantic relationships at all.
(d) Heterosexual relationships.
11. Who does Merlyn's aunt tell Merlyn would be proud of him because of his work with the Council?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) His father.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
12. How does Fin react to Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) He loses his temper but no one can figure out why.
(b) Like he has known him forever.
(c) Like he knows he is a spy.
(d) He is very rude to him.
13. How does Athol feel when Donuil returns to Eire?
(b) Very happy.
14. What does Athol agree to in regard to Arthur?
(a) Protect him and that Merlyn is the one to train him.
(b) Keep his identity a secret from Donuil.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Surrender his lands when the time comes for Arthur to be king.
15. What does Donuil suggest he and Merlyn bring as gifts to his father back in Eire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn do when he finds Uther's body?
2. What does Merlyn wear to the second meeting of the Council?
3. Why is Merlyn able to communicate so quickly with his captors in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Merlyn go to grieve his wife in Chapter 6?
5. Who is Ambrose?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)