|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Merlyn in the Prologue?
2. Who gives the death blow to the animal that interrupts the cavalry show for Athol and his men?
3. What do the men do with the wild animal that attacks them in Chapter 11?
(a) Kill it out of mercy and then leave it for the other animals.
(b) Prepare a feast with it.
(c) Shoot it so it is injured and will die, but then move on.
(d) Catch it so they can sell it to the circus.
4. Who sends a group of men to attack Merlyn and his group at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) No one is sure but they were very strong.
(b) Ironhair's men.
(c) No one; this is a trick question, since there is no attack in Chapter 10.
(d) Donuil's father; he wanted to make sure he was okay.
5. In what perspective is "The Saxon Shore" written?
(a) Second person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
6. What does Merlyn suspect Uther of doing?
(a) Killing Arthur's sister.
(b) Killing Arthur's mother.
(c) Killing Merlyn's beloved wife.
(d) Killing Merlyn's daughter.
7. What do Connor and Merlyn talk about when the first converse together?
(a) The baby Merlyn has with him.
(b) Merlyn's unique beard.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Merlyn's background.
8. In Chapter 1, what solidifies to Merlyn that he knows his captors?
(a) A scar he sees on one of the men's faces.
(b) A dream.
(c) An image on the mast.
(d) His intuition.
9. When does Merlyn tell Ambrose that Arthur could become High King?
(a) When they are both drunk, which was a mistake.
(b) When they are examining Excalibur.
(c) When they are deep in the woods, where no one can hear.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
10. What does Donuil suggest he and Merlyn bring as gifts to his father back in Eire?
11. Who is Mungo?
(a) King Athol's adviser.
(b) Arthur's new friend in Eire.
(c) A beautiful woman who enchants Merlyn.
(d) Arthur's young cousin.
12. Who is Athol's daughter?
(a) Merlyn's deceased wife.
(b) Donuil's aunt.
(c) Dedalus's secret lover.
(d) Arthur's mother.
13. What promise does Merlyn make to the dead Uther?
(a) That he will rot in hell.
(b) That his death will go unnoticed by anyone important.
(c) That his son will think well of him.
(d) That Merlyn will finally feel satisfaction over his death.
14. What wild animal prevents the beginning of the calvary show for Athol?
(a) A bear.
(b) A enormous snake.
(c) A boar.
(d) A lion.
15. How does Ambrose react to the beauty and power of Camulod?
(a) He is overwhelmed by it.
(b) He thinks it's nice but that it will never match that of Rome.
(c) It just makes him miss home even more.
(d) He is too depressed to even notice it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merlyn's aunt respond when he tells her about Arthur's destiny?
2. How does Athol feel when Donuil returns to Eire?
3. What relationship do Lucanus and Ludmilla have?
4. How many days after his stabbing does Merlyn finally leave for Eire?
5. How does Merlyn react to Lucanus's request that he visit the leper colony?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)