|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ironhair and Merlyn have a confrontation in Chapter 6, who wins?
(b) This is a trick question; there is no confrontation.
(d) No one; it is a draw.
2. Who is Donuil?
(a) A stepbrother of Meryln's.
(b) Merlyn's father.
(c) A brother of Merlyn's.
(d) A friend of Merlyn's.
3. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
(c) Outside in the forest.
4. What does Merlyn feel when he gives Ambrose and Ludmilla his blessing over their relationship?
5. Who gives the death blow to the animal that interrupts the cavalry show for Athol and his men?
6. How does Ambrose react to the beauty and power of Camulod?
(a) He is overwhelmed by it.
(b) It just makes him miss home even more.
(c) He is too depressed to even notice it.
(d) He thinks it's nice but that it will never match that of Rome.
7. What does Merlyn say to Ambrose when he asks, in Chapter 6, if the infantry and the cavalry every combine?
(a) That they made a promise to the Gods that they would never try it.
(b) That they cannot because it creates too many problems.
(c) That they are crucial for each other's success.
(d) That they traditionally have not.
8. What does Merlyn do when he finds Uther's body?
(a) Looks for jewelry he can sell for food.
(b) Makes a funeral pyre for him.
(c) Steals the clothes.
(d) Buries it.
9. What does Lucius Varo do for a living?
(a) He's an ironsmith.
(b) He's a lawyer.
(c) He's a farmer.
(d) He's some kind of banker.
10. What is little Arthur heir to?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
11. Where is Merlyn sleeping with Arthur when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) In the bottom of a cave.
(b) In the top room of a small inn.
(c) In the bottom of a boat.
(d) In the bottom of a house, in the basement.
12. What does the wild animal that interrupts the beginning of the cavalry show do second?
(a) Attack the crowds.
(b) Eat a baby.
(c) Stand up straight and scare everyone to pieces.
(d) Kill a man.
13. What does Lucanus tell Merlyn he should fear about the lepers?
(a) Touching them.
(b) Getting any blood on them.
(c) The curses they put on people.
14. What does Merlyn tell Ambrose about his ascent to power in Chapter 7?
(a) That he must cede the thrown to Arthur.
(b) That he will be second-in-command as soon as he is ready.
(c) That it is time to move from a monarchy to a democracy.
(d) That he is King now even though he doesn't want it.
15. How does Fin react to Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) He is very rude to him.
(b) Like he knows he is a spy.
(c) He loses his temper but no one can figure out why.
(d) Like he has known him forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Athol's daughter?
2. Which two people in Eire does Merlyn have an instant aversion to?
3. Where does Merlyn go to grieve his wife in Chapter 6?
4. What gift does Merlyn give one of the lepers in the leper colony?
5. Who is Mungo?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)