Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does baby Arthur wear around his neck that Merlyn removes in Chapter 1?
(a) A necklace with a key.
(b) A piece of lace from his mother, the queen.
(c) A golden signet ring.
(d) A tooth from a boar his uncle killed.
2. What does Merlyn say in response to Ambrose's assertions that Merlyn is a sorcerer?
(a) That he is sometimes and not others.
(b) That he isn't yet but he's very close to passing his test.
(c) That he is but Ambrose needs to be more quiet about it.
(d) That such ideas are ridiculous.
3. Why are Merlyn and his men putting on a cavalry display for Athol and his men?
(a) They are trying to show off how powerful they are.
(b) They are trying to build friendship and this is how they do it.
(c) They requested one.
(d) They are required to do so by law.
4. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
(d) Outside in the forest.
5. Who is Uther?
(a) Yvonne's cousin.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Sheelagh's cousin.
(d) Merlyn's cousin.
6. What do the men do with the wild animal that attacks them in Chapter 11?
(a) Kill it out of mercy and then leave it for the other animals.
(b) Prepare a feast with it.
(c) Shoot it so it is injured and will die, but then move on.
(d) Catch it so they can sell it to the circus.
7. How does Athol feel when Donuil returns to Eire?
(c) Very happy.
8. How does Merlyn spend the day after the day he talks to Lucanus about being celibate in Chapter 6?
(a) He visits the sick.
(b) He inspects the troops.
(c) He goes for a ride on his horse.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
9. What kind of life does Lucanus live?
(a) A celibate life.
(b) A life of silence.
(c) A life of poverty.
(d) A life of indulgence and gluttony.
10. What wild animal prevents the beginning of the calvary show for Athol?
(a) A enormous snake.
(b) A boar.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
11. Which two people in Eire does Merlyn have an instant aversion to?
(a) Athol and his wife.
(b) Mungo and Finn.
(c) Arthur's nanny and tutor.
(d) Two nameless servants.
12. How does Fin react to Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) Like he knows he is a spy.
(b) Like he has known him forever.
(c) He loses his temper but no one can figure out why.
(d) He is very rude to him.
13. How many days after his stabbing does Merlyn finally leave for Eire?
14. What prevents the men from traveling around Eire as they had hoped?
(a) There are police everywhere.
(b) There are no roads.
(c) They ran out of gas for their cars.
(d) They must travel only at night.
15. In Chapter 1, what solidifies to Merlyn that he knows his captors?
(a) A dream.
(b) His intuition.
(c) A scar he sees on one of the men's faces.
(d) An image on the mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Merlyn think killed Uther?
2. What does Merlyn wear to the second meeting of the Council?
3. What wild animal attacks the group in Chapter 11?
4. Who gives the death blow to the animal that interrupts the cavalry show for Athol and his men?
5. What warning does Merlyn give Ironhair after their confrontation in Chapter 6?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)