|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
(a) Outside in the forest.
2. How does Merlyn's aunt react when she sees him in Chapter 4?
(a) She simply doesn't believe it, since she thought he was dead.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) She is very happy.
(d) She is very angry.
3. Which two people in Eire does Merlyn have an instant aversion to?
(a) Two nameless servants.
(b) Athol and his wife.
(c) Arthur's nanny and tutor.
(d) Mungo and Finn.
4. What gift does Merlyn give one of the lepers in the leper colony?
(a) A large box of biscuits.
(b) A gallon of mead.
(c) A box of candles.
(d) A fur coat.
5. Who is Athol?
(a) Arthur's wet nurse.
(b) Merlyn's confidant.
(c) The king in Eire.
(d) Dedalus' brother.
6. Who does Merlyn think killed Uther?
(a) Malfoy of Slytherin.
(b) An unknown soldier on the battlefield.
(c) Derek of Ravenglass.
(d) A long-lost enemy who came back for revenge.
7. How does the group first see Eire in Chapter 11?
(a) Through the rain.
(b) Through the darkness.
(c) Through the fog.
(d) Through burning-bright sunlight.
8. What is the name of Connor's sister?
9. What kind of description does Athol want from Merlyn in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A description of the lands between Camulod and Glevum.
(b) A description of the future as Merlyn sees it in his dreams.
(c) A description of how horrible the leper colony was.
(d) A description of the kind of woman his daughter had become.
10. What does Merlyn suspect Uther of doing?
(a) Killing Arthur's mother.
(b) Killing Merlyn's daughter.
(c) Killing Arthur's sister.
(d) Killing Merlyn's beloved wife.
11. What prevents the men from traveling around Eire as they had hoped?
(a) They must travel only at night.
(b) They ran out of gas for their cars.
(c) There are no roads.
(d) There are police everywhere.
12. What does Lucanus tell Merlyn he should fear about the lepers?
(a) Touching them.
(b) Getting any blood on them.
(c) The curses they put on people.
13. Who sends a group of men to attack Merlyn and his group at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Donuil's father; he wanted to make sure he was okay.
(b) No one is sure but they were very strong.
(c) No one; this is a trick question, since there is no attack in Chapter 10.
(d) Ironhair's men.
14. Who gives the death blow to the animal that interrupts the cavalry show for Athol and his men?
15. How many days after his stabbing does Merlyn finally leave for Eire?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what perspective is "The Saxon Shore" written?
2. What does baby Arthur wear around his neck that Merlyn removes in Chapter 1?
3. What kind of romantic relationships make Merlyn uncomfortable in the beginning of "The Saxon Shore"?
4. How does Merlyn react when teased by Lucanus about his attraction to Ludmilla?
5. What does Athol agree to in regard to Arthur?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)