|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merlyn often try to avoid his dreams?
(a) Because they are so silly.
(b) Because they are dark, frightening, and prophetic.
(c) Because they show him how rotten and cruel he is inside.
(d) Because they are so sad -- and mostly about his dead wife.
2. What does Merlyn say in response to Ambrose's assertions that Merlyn is a sorcerer?
(a) That such ideas are ridiculous.
(b) That he is sometimes and not others.
(c) That he is but Ambrose needs to be more quiet about it.
(d) That he isn't yet but he's very close to passing his test.
3. Who is Donuil?
(a) A friend of Merlyn's.
(b) A brother of Merlyn's.
(c) Merlyn's father.
(d) A stepbrother of Meryln's.
4. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
(b) Outside in the forest.
5. What does Lucanus tell Merlyn he should fear about the lepers?
(b) The curses they put on people.
(c) Getting any blood on them.
(d) Touching them.
6. What warning does Merlyn give Ironhair after their confrontation in Chapter 6?
(a) That he will spend the rest of his life in jail for what he did.
(b) That he will one day seek revenge for these actions.
(c) This is a trick question; there is no such confrontation in Chapter 6.
(d) Not to challenge him in the future.
7. How does Merlyn react to Lucanus's request that he visit the leper colony?
(a) Lucanus can go but Merlyn will stay far away.
(b) He is uneasy but agrees to do it.
(c) He decides it's just too risky.
(d) It's fine since they were going there anyway.
8. What promise does Merlyn make to the dead Uther?
(a) That Merlyn will finally feel satisfaction over his death.
(b) That his death will go unnoticed by anyone important.
(c) That his son will think well of him.
(d) That he will rot in hell.
9. What wild animal prevents the beginning of the calvary show for Athol?
(a) A enormous snake.
(b) A bear.
(c) A boar.
(d) A lion.
10. What does Athol agree to in regard to Arthur?
(a) Protect him and that Merlyn is the one to train him.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Keep his identity a secret from Donuil.
(d) Surrender his lands when the time comes for Arthur to be king.
11. During the conversation about Merlyn possibly being a sorcerer in Chapter 9, what does Merlyn admit to Ambrose?
(a) That he does have prophetic dreams.
(b) That being a sorcerer is a lot harder than he had thought.
(c) That the fees for being a sorcerer are very expensive.
(d) That being a sorcerer is a lot easier than he had thought.
12. What does Lucius Varo do for a living?
(a) He's some kind of banker.
(b) He's an ironsmith.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a farmer.
13. Why does Merlyn get angry with Donuil when he goes hunting by himself in Chapter 10?
(a) Because someone is following them and they could have been attacked.
(b) Because he could have gotten hurt.
(c) Because if he didn't come back, Merlyn couldn't get Arthur back.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
14. Who is Popilius?
(a) A man who tries to assassinate Merlyn.
(b) A senior soldier in Camulod.
(c) Merlyn's father.
(d) A man who tries to kidnap Arthur.
15. How old is Merlyn in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Merlyn think killed Uther?
2. What town does Merlyn consider home?
3. Who sends a group of men to attack Merlyn and his group at the end of Chapter 10?
4. Why is Merlyn able to communicate so quickly with his captors in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 1, what solidifies to Merlyn that he knows his captors?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)