|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Connor's sister?
2. In what perspective is "The Saxon Shore" written?
(a) First person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person.
3. Who gives the death blow to the animal that interrupts the cavalry show for Athol and his men?
4. What town does Merlyn consider home?
5. What does Athol agree to in regard to Arthur?
(a) Protect him and that Merlyn is the one to train him.
(b) Keep his identity a secret from Donuil.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Surrender his lands when the time comes for Arthur to be king.
6. How does Merlyn react to Lucanus's request that he visit the leper colony?
(a) It's fine since they were going there anyway.
(b) Lucanus can go but Merlyn will stay far away.
(c) He is uneasy but agrees to do it.
(d) He decides it's just too risky.
7. What kind of description does Athol want from Merlyn in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A description of how horrible the leper colony was.
(b) A description of the lands between Camulod and Glevum.
(c) A description of the future as Merlyn sees it in his dreams.
(d) A description of the kind of woman his daughter had become.
8. How have the people of Eire taken care of Arthur during Merlyn's absence?
(a) Some have been really nice but most have been pretty mean.
(b) Very well.
(c) They have only done the minimum required to keep him alive.
(d) Very badly.
9. Who does Merlyn suspect is behind his stabbing?
10. What warning does Merlyn give Ironhair after their confrontation in Chapter 6?
(a) That he will one day seek revenge for these actions.
(b) This is a trick question; there is no such confrontation in Chapter 6.
(c) That he will spend the rest of his life in jail for what he did.
(d) Not to challenge him in the future.
11. What promise does Merlyn make to the dead Uther?
(a) That his death will go unnoticed by anyone important.
(b) That he will rot in hell.
(c) That Merlyn will finally feel satisfaction over his death.
(d) That his son will think well of him.
12. How does Ambrose react to the beauty and power of Camulod?
(a) It just makes him miss home even more.
(b) He thinks it's nice but that it will never match that of Rome.
(c) He is too depressed to even notice it.
(d) He is overwhelmed by it.
13. How many days after his stabbing does Merlyn finally leave for Eire?
14. For whom do Merlyn and Ambrose plan an elaborate funeral in Chapter 8?
(a) Merlyn's aunt.
(c) Arthur's wet nurse.
15. What does Merlyn feel when he gives Ambrose and Ludmilla his blessing over their relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mungo?
2. How does Athol react to the gifts Merlyn and Donuil bring?
3. What prevents the men from traveling around Eire as they had hoped?
4. Why does Merlyn often try to avoid his dreams?
5. How does Merlyn's aunt respond when he tells her about Arthur's destiny?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)