|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merlyn's aunt react when she sees him in Chapter 4?
(a) She is very angry.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) She simply doesn't believe it, since she thought he was dead.
(d) She is very happy.
2. What does Merlyn say in response to Ambrose's assertions that Merlyn is a sorcerer?
(a) That such ideas are ridiculous.
(b) That he isn't yet but he's very close to passing his test.
(c) That he is but Ambrose needs to be more quiet about it.
(d) That he is sometimes and not others.
3. How does Merlyn's aunt respond when he tells her about Arthur's destiny?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is very proud.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She doesn't believe his tall tales.
4. How does Athol come to accept Merlyn at the conclusion of Chapter 13?
(a) As a family member.
(b) As a fraud.
(d) Not at all; he has never liked him and never will.
5. What does Lucanus tell Merlyn he should fear about the lepers?
(a) The curses they put on people.
(c) Touching them.
(d) Getting any blood on them.
6. How does Athol react to the gifts Merlyn and Donuil bring?
(a) He is amazed.
(b) He doesn't really understand them, actually.
(c) He is so humbled by them, he weeps.
(d) He is furious because he sees them as godly.
7. What does the wild animal that interrupts the beginning of the cavalry show do second?
(a) Attack the crowds.
(b) Stand up straight and scare everyone to pieces.
(c) Eat a baby.
(d) Kill a man.
8. What town does Merlyn consider home?
9. What astounds everyone about Merlyn and Ambrose?
(a) How deep their hatred is for each other.
(b) That they have the exact same wounds -- but from different battles.
(c) How much they look alike.
(d) That the have the same birthday.
10. What does Merlyn wear to the second meeting of the Council?
(b) Garb denoting his status.
(c) Nothing; he wants to shock them.
(d) His finest business suit.
11. Who does Merlyn suspect is behind his stabbing?
12. How does the group first see Eire in Chapter 11?
(a) Through the fog.
(b) Through burning-bright sunlight.
(c) Through the rain.
(d) Through the darkness.
13. What does Merlyn say to Ambrose when he asks, in Chapter 6, if the infantry and the cavalry every combine?
(a) That they cannot because it creates too many problems.
(b) That they made a promise to the Gods that they would never try it.
(c) That they are crucial for each other's success.
(d) That they traditionally have not.
14. Where is Merlyn sleeping with Arthur when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) In the top room of a small inn.
(b) In the bottom of a house, in the basement.
(c) In the bottom of a cave.
(d) In the bottom of a boat.
15. What do the men do with the wild animal that attacks them in Chapter 11?
(a) Prepare a feast with it.
(b) Shoot it so it is injured and will die, but then move on.
(c) Catch it so they can sell it to the circus.
(d) Kill it out of mercy and then leave it for the other animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athol feel when Donuil returns to Eire?
2. Who is Athol?
3. Why is Merlyn considering celibacy?
4. What wild animal attacks the group in Chapter 11?
5. How does Merlyn spend the day after the day he talks to Lucanus about being celibate in Chapter 6?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)