|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merlyn do when he finds Uther's body?
(a) Steals the clothes.
(b) Makes a funeral pyre for him.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Looks for jewelry he can sell for food.
2. When Ambrose and Ludmilla come to check on Merlyn after he is stabbed, what is he doing when they think he is sleeping?
(a) Sending out messengers about his attack.
(b) Pretending to sleep.
(c) Writing a love letter to Ludmilla.
(d) Planning his escape.
3. For whom do Merlyn and Ambrose plan an elaborate funeral in Chapter 8?
(a) Merlyn's aunt.
(d) Arthur's wet nurse.
4. How does Athol feel when Donuil returns to Eire?
(a) Very happy.
5. What does Lucanus tell Merlyn he should fear about the lepers?
(b) Touching them.
(c) Getting any blood on them.
(d) The curses they put on people.
6. Who made Excalibur?
(a) Merlyn's uncle.
(b) Arthur himself.
(c) The local blacksmith.
(d) Merlyn's aunt.
7. What kind of life does Lucanus live?
(a) A celibate life.
(b) A life of silence.
(c) A life of poverty.
(d) A life of indulgence and gluttony.
8. How does Merlyn react to Lucanus's request that he visit the leper colony?
(a) It's fine since they were going there anyway.
(b) He is uneasy but agrees to do it.
(c) He decides it's just too risky.
(d) Lucanus can go but Merlyn will stay far away.
9. What does Donuil suggest he and Merlyn bring as gifts to his father back in Eire?
10. What does Merlyn say to Ambrose when he asks, in Chapter 6, if the infantry and the cavalry every combine?
(a) That they cannot because it creates too many problems.
(b) That they are crucial for each other's success.
(c) That they traditionally have not.
(d) That they made a promise to the Gods that they would never try it.
11. Why are Merlyn and his men nervous about the planned cavalry display for Athol and his men?
(a) They don't have their usual amount of horses and riders.
(b) They don't want to seem as showing off too much.
(c) Their horses are hungry and not acting right.
(d) The horses spook easily in the new land.
12. Who is Athol's daughter?
(a) Dedalus's secret lover.
(b) Arthur's mother.
(c) Donuil's aunt.
(d) Merlyn's deceased wife.
13. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
(c) Outside in the forest.
14. Who gives the death blow to the animal that interrupts the cavalry show for Athol and his men?
15. What item from the animal in Chapter 11 does Dedalus keep?
(a) A footprint in the mud that later dried.
(b) A patch of fur.
(c) The beast's spiraled tusks.
(d) A piece of tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mungo?
2. Why does Merlyn get angry with Donuil when he goes hunting by himself in Chapter 10?
3. How does Merlyn's aunt respond when he tells her about Arthur's destiny?
4. What does Merlyn tell Ambrose about his ascent to power in Chapter 7?
5. Who is Ambrose?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)