|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Saxon Shore: Chapters 11-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Merlyn considering celibacy?
(a) Because he could never love someone as much as he loved his wife.
(b) So he can focus his energy on raising Arthur.
(c) So he doesn't have to worry about a woman stealing his money.
(d) So he can stop being so distracted by women.
2. What gift does Merlyn give one of the lepers in the leper colony?
(a) A large box of biscuits.
(b) A box of candles.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A gallon of mead.
3. How does Athol come to accept Merlyn at the conclusion of Chapter 13?
(a) Not at all; he has never liked him and never will.
(c) As a fraud.
(d) As a family member.
4. Who sends a group of men to attack Merlyn and his group at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) No one; this is a trick question, since there is no attack in Chapter 10.
(b) Donuil's father; he wanted to make sure he was okay.
(c) Ironhair's men.
(d) No one is sure but they were very strong.
5. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
(a) Outside in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn feel when he gives Ambrose and Ludmilla his blessing over their relationship?
2. What does Merlyn say in response to Ambrose's assertions that Merlyn is a sorcerer?
3. Who is Lucanus?
4. What does Donuil suggest he and Merlyn bring as gifts to his father back in Eire?
5. How do Athol's friends view his leprosy?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)