|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Saxon Shore: Chapters 11-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Merlyn go to grieve his wife in Chapter 6?
(a) A secret vale where they lived together.
(b) Her favorite tree just outside of town.
(c) Her favorite spring.
(d) The cemetery.
2. When does Merlyn tell Ambrose that Arthur could become High King?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) When they are examining Excalibur.
(c) When they are deep in the woods, where no one can hear.
(d) When they are both drunk, which was a mistake.
3. What prevents the men from traveling around Eire as they had hoped?
(a) There are police everywhere.
(b) They must travel only at night.
(c) They ran out of gas for their cars.
(d) There are no roads.
4. Who is Popilius?
(a) Merlyn's father.
(b) A man who tries to assassinate Merlyn.
(c) A senior soldier in Camulod.
(d) A man who tries to kidnap Arthur.
5. What does Merlyn dream about the night after he visits the leper colony?
(a) That he sees his own leprous image in a mirror.
(b) That someone burns down the leper colony.
(c) That his wife comes back but now has leprosy.
(d) That Arthur will get leprosy one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Merlyn in the Prologue?
2. What astounds everyone about Merlyn and Ambrose?
3. How does Merlyn spend the day after the day he talks to Lucanus about being celibate in Chapter 6?
4. How does Athol react to the gifts Merlyn and Donuil bring?
5. What does Merlyn say to Ambrose when he asks, in Chapter 6, if the infantry and the cavalry every combine?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)