|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Cornwall: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merlyn often try to avoid his dreams?
(a) Because they show him how rotten and cruel he is inside.
(b) Because they are dark, frightening, and prophetic.
(c) Because they are so sad -- and mostly about his dead wife.
(d) Because they are so silly.
2. What does Merlyn say to Ambrose when he asks, in Chapter 6, if the infantry and the cavalry every combine?
(a) That they cannot because it creates too many problems.
(b) That they traditionally have not.
(c) That they are crucial for each other's success.
(d) That they made a promise to the Gods that they would never try it.
3. Who does Merlyn's aunt tell Merlyn would be proud of him because of his work with the Council?
(a) Her brother.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Her husband.
(d) His father.
4. Who is Donuil?
(a) A brother of Merlyn's.
(b) Merlyn's father.
(c) A stepbrother of Meryln's.
(d) A friend of Merlyn's.
5. Where is Merlyn stabbed after the funeral in Chapter 8?
(a) In his own home.
(b) On a quiet road, walking home.
(c) The crowded bathhouse.
(d) Behind the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucanus tell Merlyn he should fear about the lepers?
2. What does Lucius Varo do for a living?
3. Where is Merlyn sleeping with Arthur when Chapter 1 opens?
4. What does Peter Ironhair do for a living?
5. Who is Popilius?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)