|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Saxon Shore: Chapters 15-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a group of men to attack Merlyn and his group at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) No one; this is a trick question, since there is no attack in Chapter 10.
(b) Donuil's father; he wanted to make sure he was okay.
(c) No one is sure but they were very strong.
(d) Ironhair's men.
2. When does the surprise attack come against Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At dawn.
(c) In the middle of a town wedding.
(d) In the middle of a town funeral.
3. What does Merlyn tell Ambrose about his ascent to power in Chapter 7?
(a) That he must cede the thrown to Arthur.
(b) That he is King now even though he doesn't want it.
(c) That it is time to move from a monarchy to a democracy.
(d) That he will be second-in-command as soon as he is ready.
4. Who is Lucanus?
(a) Merlyn's sworn enemy.
(b) A woman Merlyn's mother hopes he will marry.
(c) Merlyn's son.
(d) Merlyn's friend and a physician.
5. Why is Merlyn able to communicate so quickly with his captors in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he's a sorcerer he can understand everyone.
(b) He knows sign language.
(c) They all speak English.
(d) He realizes he speaks their language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Merlyn and his men putting on a cavalry display for Athol and his men?
2. In what perspective is "The Saxon Shore" written?
3. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
4. How does Athol react to the gifts Merlyn and Donuil bring?
5. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)