Book 1, Cornwall: Prologue - Chapter 5
1. When was "The Saxon Shore" originally published?
2. In what perspective is "The Saxon Shore" written?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
3. How old is Merlyn in the Prologue?
4. Where is Merlyn sleeping with Arthur when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) In the bottom of a house, in the basement.
(b) In the top room of a small inn.
(c) In the bottom of a cave.
(d) In the bottom of a boat.
5. What does baby Arthur wear around his neck that Merlyn removes in Chapter 1?
(a) A tooth from a boar his uncle killed.
(b) A necklace with a key.
(c) A golden signet ring.
(d) A piece of lace from his mother, the queen.
6. Why is Merlyn able to communicate so quickly with his captors in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he's a sorcerer he can understand everyone.
(b) He knows sign language.
(c) They all speak English.
(d) He realizes he speaks their language.
This section contains 5,512 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)