Book 1, Cornwall: Prologue - Chapter 5
• Prologue: The Prologue is told from 80-year-old Merlyn's perspective. He is reminiscing about his past and the story of young Arthur.
• Chapter 1: Merlyn is sleeping with baby Arthur on the bottom of a boat.
• They are attacked but Merlyn comes to realize he knows his attackers, as their leader is the brother of a friend.
• He tells them how he found the baby at the scene of a horrible battle; the group begins to believe him once they find the scene and he speaks their language.
• Chapter 2: The group decides to let Merlyn go but will keep the baby until he returns with Donuil, the brother of Connor and the friend of Merlyn.
• Merlyn rides to Camulod, his home, and is greatly disturbed by the rotting bodies he sees along the way.
• He finds his dead cousin, the father of baby Arthur...
This section contains 1,791 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)