|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section entitled The Road to Croton, where are Encolpius and his companions walking when they see a town in a distance?
2. In heaven, what does Claudius' voice sound like?
3. How much "The Apocolocyntosis" is missing from this translation?
4. Who was the emperor when "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
5. Why does the priestess fall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail Seneca's exile and what brought him out of exile.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in each story. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Eumolpus' lie in the city of Croton. How does he cover it over a period of time?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)