Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
2. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
3. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
4. Who takes Encolpius to a temple?
5. According to Eumolpus, how is the only accurate way to record history?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Satyricon," what is the significance of Eumolpus' poetry about the history of Rome? What point is the author trying to make with it and the monologue that leads up to it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of women in "The Satyricon."
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss Menippean satire? What differentiates this satire from other types?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)