|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the witch meet Encolpius in the woods?
2. Which of the companions plans to act addled and ill as part of his disguise?
3. Who wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
4. In the section entitled The Road to Croton, where are Encolpius and his companions walking when they see a town in a distance?
5. Which god helps restore Encolpius to full health?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the main characters of "The Apocolocyntosis." Who was the protagonist and what separates that character from the other main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Eumolpus' lie in the city of Croton. How does he cover it over a period of time?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss Menippean satire? What differentiates this satire from other types?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)