|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is overly praised in "The Apocolocyntosis"?
2. Who proposes that Claudius be made a god simply because of his blood relation to other gods?
3. What does Claudius order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity to Hercules?
4. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
5. Who ordered the exile of the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the translator in both stories. Give a brief overview of this translator's life and specific challenges he faced in interpreting both these stories.
Essay Topic 2
Define falling action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in "The Satyricon." How does the author present it? How does the falling action flow? How does the falling action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the primary gods/goddesses involved in Claudius' trial in "The Apocolocyntosis." Who were they, what did they represent and what position did they take on Claudius' request?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)