Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
2. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
3. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
4. Who takes Encolpius to a temple?
5. According to Eumolpus, how is the only accurate way to record history?
Essay Topic 1
What interests and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in "The Satyricon"? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail Seneca's exile and what brought him out of exile.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the translator in both stories. Give a brief overview of this translator's life and specific challenges he faced in interpreting both these stories.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)