|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pleads for Claudius to be put out of his misery?
2. How many animals attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves the room?
3. Who is overly praised in "The Apocolocyntosis"?
4. Which character will portray a slave when the companions enter Croton?
5. In heaven, what does Claudius' voice sound like?
(a) A violin.
(b) A sea monster.
(c) Roaring lions.
(d) Angels singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposes that Claudius be made a god simply because of his blood relation to other gods?
2. Who vows to keep the plan a secret when the companions enter Croton?
3. Which of the companions plans to act addled and ill as part of his disguise?
4. Who takes Encolpius to a temple?
5. How long was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the minor objections to authorship based on for "The Apocolocyntosis"?
2. What is the role of children in Croton?
3. Which emperor do the writings of Seneca tend to criticize and why?
4. How do Eumolpus and Encolpius each react during their stay at Croton?
5. What was the big lie Eumolpus has to cover (and how does he cover it) while having sex with a girl he tutors?
6. When does Claudius finally realize he is dead?
7. Who brings a witch to meet Encolpius and why?
8. How or from where do Encolpius and his friends see Croton?
9. Who really wants to go to Croton and why?
10. Who says poetry has a special relationship to history? What is that relationship?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)