|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Giton remove for his role in Croton?
(a) His money.
(b) His accent.
(c) His wig.
(d) His toga.
2. Who is Encolpius' mentor?
3. Who was Nero's tutor?
4. Who takes Encolpius to a temple?
5. Who especially likes the prospects the town has to offer to the companions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there no children in Croton?
2. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
3. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
4. Who vows to keep the plan a secret when the companions enter Croton?
5. Who proposes that Claudius be made a god simply because of his blood relation to other gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Claudius been allowed to live this long?
2. What is Hercules' particular interest in not naming Claudius as a god?
3. How does an old man describe Croton to Encolpius and his friends?
4. What is the problem between Encolpius and the beautiful woman who wants him?
5. Describe Claudius' appearance when he arrives in heaven.
6. What are the minor objections to authorship based on for "The Apocolocyntosis"?
7. How or from where do Encolpius and his friends see Croton?
8. When a maid in Croton approaches Encolpius, what does she want?
9. Which emperor do the writings of Seneca tend to criticize and why?
10. When does Claudius finally realize he is dead?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)