|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
(b) Working as slaves.
(d) Hunting fortunes.
2. What must Giton remove for his role in Croton?
(a) His money.
(b) His wig.
(c) His toga.
(d) His accent.
3. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
4. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
5. To whom do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
2. To where was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
3. Who transports Claudius to hell?
4. Which Fate says that Claudius will not die alone?
5. Why does Circe ask if she emits a fowl odor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which emperor do the writings of Seneca tend to criticize and why?
2. When does Claudius finally realize he is dead?
3. Why is it so easy for Giton and Encolpius to portray slaves when they enter Croton?
4. What are the minor objections to authorship based on for "The Apocolocyntosis"?
5. How or from where do Encolpius and his friends see Croton?
6. Why do some scholars think Petronius also wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"? How do others explain that concern?
7. Who really wants to go to Croton and why?
8. When a maid in Croton approaches Encolpius, what does she want?
9. Describe Claudius' appearance when he arrives in heaven.
10. What is Hercules' particular interest in not naming Claudius as a god?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)