|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
2. Who thinks Petronius wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) All scholars.
(b) Ancestors of Nero.
(c) Fans of Petronius.
(d) Some scholars.
3. Who will portray a wealthy man when the companions enter Croton?
4. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) No one.
5. Who is afraid of Claudius in heaven?
Short Answer Questions
1. In heaven, what does Claudius' voice sound like?
2. Who recites the poem at the end of The Road to Croton?
3. What is not held in high esteem in Croton?
4. Who wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
5. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Claudius been allowed to live this long?
2. How or from where do Encolpius and his friends see Croton?
3. Who says poetry has a special relationship to history? What is that relationship?
4. What angers Claudius in heaven and what big mistake does he make in regards to his anger?
5. What was the big lie Eumolpus has to cover (and how does he cover it) while having sex with a girl he tutors?
6. What is the role of children in Croton?
7. Why do some scholars think Petronius also wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"? How do others explain that concern?
8. What is the subject of a lengthy poem recited at the end of "Eumolpus"? What might the poem reflect?
9. When a maid in Croton approaches Encolpius, what does she want?
10. Who brings a witch to meet Encolpius and why?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)