|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Claudius listening to when he expired?
(a) Symphonic music.
(b) Comic actors.
(c) Arguing in his court.
(d) Nero's violin practice.
2. What is not held in high esteem in Croton?
(c) The gods.
3. Who is overly praised in "The Apocolocyntosis"?
4. Who was Nero's tutor?
5. Who ordered the exile of the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recites the poem at the end of The Road to Croton?
2. Why does the witch meet Encolpius in the woods?
3. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
4. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
5. Who approaches Encolpius and tells him how attractive he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sent Seneca into exile and why?
2. Why has Claudius been allowed to live this long?
3. What was the big lie Eumolpus has to cover (and how does he cover it) while having sex with a girl he tutors?
4. What are the minor objections to authorship based on for "The Apocolocyntosis"?
5. How does an old man describe Croton to Encolpius and his friends?
6. Who brings a witch to meet Encolpius and why?
7. Why is it so easy for Giton and Encolpius to portray slaves when they enter Croton?
8. Which emperor do the writings of Seneca tend to criticize and why?
9. What is Hercules' particular interest in not naming Claudius as a god?
10. What story will Encolpius and his friends tell the people of Croton to explain their arrival there?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)