|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the priestess fall?
(a) Her feet were hot.
(b) Giton knocked her down.
(c) Her stool breaks.
(d) She is clumsy.
2. Why will the townspeople think Giton has moved to Croton?
(a) Because he is a music lover.
(b) Because he is a wealth builder himself.
(c) Because he has no where else to go.
(d) Because he is Eumolpus' slave.
3. According to Eumolpus, how is the only accurate way to record history?
(a) By memory.
(c) In storytelling.
(d) In song.
4. What animals enter the room and attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves?
5. What is the name of the town that Encolpius and his companions see while walking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men asked for when they visit Croton?
2. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
3. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
4. Why will Eumolpus tell the townspeople he wants to move to Croton?
5. What was Claudius listening to when he expired?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Eumolpus and Encolpius each react during their stay at Croton?
2. When does Claudius finally realize he is dead?
3. What happens when Encolpius meets the beautiful woman for sex a second time?
4. When a maid in Croton approaches Encolpius, what does she want?
5. Why has Claudius been allowed to live this long?
6. What one factor makes the case stronger for claiming Seneca is the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"? Explain why.
7. What was the big lie Eumolpus has to cover (and how does he cover it) while having sex with a girl he tutors?
8. Who brings a witch to meet Encolpius and why?
9. Who finally comes between Encolpius and Giton and why?
10. What is the subject of a lengthy poem recited at the end of "Eumolpus"? What might the poem reflect?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)