|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what stage of the emperor's reign was "The Apocolocyntosis" written?
2. Which god helps restore Encolpius to full health?
3. Who brings a witch to the woods to meet Encolpius?
4. Who will portray a wealthy man when the companions enter Croton?
5. To whom do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the townspeople think Giton has moved to Croton?
2. What is the translation of the title of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
3. How many animals attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves the room?
4. Who transports Claudius to hell?
5. Who recites the poem at the end of The Road to Croton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Encolpius meets the beautiful woman for sex a second time?
2. What is the problem between Encolpius and the beautiful woman who wants him?
3. How does an old man describe Croton to Encolpius and his friends?
4. Who brings a witch to meet Encolpius and why?
5. Describe Claudius' appearance when he arrives in heaven.
6. What story will Encolpius and his friends tell the people of Croton to explain their arrival there?
7. Who sent Seneca into exile and why?
8. Who filibusters against Claudius in heaven? What is said of man's relationship to gods in this long speech?
9. What are the minor objections to authorship based on for "The Apocolocyntosis"?
10. What is the hurried end of 'The Apocolocyntosis' due to and why is it important to know this?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)