|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the translation of the title of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) What a Blundering Idiot.
(b) Transfiguration of a Pumpkin-head.
(c) Read more Poetry, Please.
(d) Sex in the Parthenon.
2. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
3. On what day does Claudius begin to take his last breath?
(a) The Ides of March.
(b) October 13.
(c) January 1.
(d) October 31.
4. What is the subject of the poem recited at the end of The Road to Croton?
(a) An epic tale of the companions.
(b) Greek history.
(c) An ocean and shipwreck adventure.
(d) Roman history.
5. Who vows to keep the plan a secret when the companions enter Croton?
(a) Encolpius and Giton.
(b) Encolpius, Ascyltus and Encolpious.
(c) Ascyltus and Encolpious.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character will portray a slave when the companions enter Croton?
2. What is not held in high esteem in Croton?
3. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
4. Who will portray a wealthy man when the companions enter Croton?
5. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)