|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
2. Who brings a witch to the woods to meet Encolpius?
3. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
4. What does Encolpius vow to give up for the beautiful woman he meets?
5. Who is Circe's maid?
(c) She doesn't have one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
2. Why does the priestess fall?
3. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
4. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
5. In which country was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who filibusters against Claudius in heaven? What is said of man's relationship to gods in this long speech?
2. How does an old man describe Croton to Encolpius and his friends?
3. Why has Claudius been allowed to live this long?
4. What is the hurried end of 'The Apocolocyntosis' due to and why is it important to know this?
5. What one factor makes the case stronger for claiming Seneca is the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"? Explain why.
6. According to Encolpius, what is strange about the maid's request in Croton?
7. Who brings a witch to meet Encolpius and why?
8. What happens when Encolpius meets the beautiful woman for sex a second time?
9. What are the minor objections to authorship based on for "The Apocolocyntosis"?
10. Who says poetry has a special relationship to history? What is that relationship?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)