|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
(b) Working as slaves.
(c) Hunting fortunes.
2. Who is Encolpius' mentor?
3. Why does the witch meet Encolpius in the woods?
(a) To see if he is a god.
(b) To cast a spell on him that will test his virility.
(c) To make him disappear.
(d) As part of a pagan ritual.
4. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
5. Who vows to keep the plan a secret when the companions enter Croton?
(a) No one.
(b) Ascyltus and Encolpious.
(c) Encolpius and Giton.
(d) Encolpius, Ascyltus and Encolpious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god helps restore Encolpius to full health?
2. What is the cause of minor objections raised about the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
3. To whom do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater?
4. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
5. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)