|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the animals that attack Encolpius does he actually kill?
2. Who pleads for Claudius to be put out of his misery?
3. In which country was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" born?
4. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
5. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Its political satire.
(b) Its criticism of Claudius.
(c) Its vulgarity.
(d) Its love of Nero.
6. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
7. Why was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
(a) He was accused of gambling.
(b) He was accused of stealing.
(c) He was accused of adultery.
(d) He was accused of lying.
8. What is not held in high esteem in Croton?
(a) The gods.
9. Who is Encolpius' mentor?
10. What does Encolpius vow to give up for the beautiful woman he meets?
11. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
12. Who wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(c) Seneca the Younger.
13. Why does Circe ask if she emits a fowl odor?
(a) Because a dead animal is nearby.
(b) Because Encolpius is impotent.
(c) Because a spell has been cast upon her.
(d) Because she can smell it too.
14. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
15. Who approaches Encolpius and tells him how attractive he is?
(a) A witch.
(b) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the emperor when "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
2. To whom do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater?
3. Who is afraid of Claudius in heaven?
4. What do the priestess and witch yell as Encolpius runs away?
5. On what day does Claudius begin to take his last breath?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)