|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not held in high esteem in Croton?
(a) The gods.
2. Why will the townspeople think Encolpius has moved to Croton?
(a) Because he is a wealth builder himself.
(b) Because he is Eumolpus' slave.
(c) Because he has no where else to go.
(d) Because he is a music lover.
3. On what day does Claudius begin to take his last breath?
(a) October 31.
(b) The Ides of March.
(c) October 13.
(d) January 1.
4. Who calls Claudius out for lying about his identity to Hercules?
5. What does Claudius order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity to Hercules?
(d) The stockade.
6. How does the man disguised as the wealthy one plan to explain that he has lost some of his money?
(a) He was robbed.
(b) He lost it gambling.
(c) He gave it to needy people.
(d) He has been shipwrecked.
7. Who is Circe's maid?
(b) She doesn't have one.
8. Why do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater to one of the companions?
(a) They think he's rich.
(b) They think he's beautiful.
(c) They appreciate his talent and poetry.
(d) They think he's famous.
9. What are the men asked for when they visit Croton?
(a) Their educational background.
(c) Their assets.
(d) Their identity.
10. Who proposes that Claudius be made a god simply because of his blood relation to other gods?
11. Which god helps restore Encolpius to full health?
12. Who was Nero's tutor?
13. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
(b) The townspeople.
(d) No one.
14. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
15. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
2. What is the cause of minor objections raised about the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
3. What animals enter the room and attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves?
4. How many animals attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves the room?
5. Why will the townspeople think Giton has moved to Croton?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)