Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
2. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
3. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
4. Who takes Encolpius to a temple?
5. According to Eumolpus, how is the only accurate way to record history?
(b) By memory.
(c) In song.
(d) In storytelling.
6. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Its love of Nero.
(b) Its political satire.
(c) Its criticism of Claudius.
(d) Its vulgarity.
7. On what day does Claudius begin to take his last breath?
(a) The Ides of March.
(b) October 31.
(c) October 13.
(d) January 1.
8. What does Encolpius vow to give up for the beautiful woman he meets?
9. Who approaches Encolpius and tells him how attractive he is?
(b) A witch.
(d) A maid.
10. Who proposes that Claudius be made a god simply because of his blood relation to other gods?
11. Who pleads for Claudius to be put out of his misery?
12. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
13. What is the translation of the title of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Read more Poetry, Please.
(b) Sex in the Parthenon.
(c) What a Blundering Idiot.
(d) Transfiguration of a Pumpkin-head.
14. Who ordered the exile of the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
15. Which character will portray a slave when the companions enter Croton?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
2. What are the men asked for when they visit Croton?
3. Who was Nero's tutor?
4. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
5. Who is Circe's maid?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)