|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed on top of a table by the priestess?
(a) Food for a feast.
(b) A pig.
(c) Hot coals.
(d) Herbs for mixing a remedy.
2. Who does Claudius indicate he is to Hercules in heaven?
(b) A god.
3. Why do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater to one of the companions?
(a) They think he's rich.
(b) They appreciate his talent and poetry.
(c) They think he's beautiful.
(d) They think he's famous.
4. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
(a) Rich or trying to get rich.
(b) Very rich and very poor.
(c) Very rich and just rich.
(d) Poor and very poor.
5. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
6. How long was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years.
7. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
(a) The townspeople.
(c) No one.
8. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
9. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
10. Who ordered the exile of the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
11. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
(a) Court jester for the gods.
(b) Cook for the gods.
(d) Legal secretary.
12. What is the name of the town that Encolpius and his companions see while walking?
13. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Education level.
(c) Events of the era.
(d) Writing style.
14. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Its political satire.
(b) Its criticism of Claudius.
(c) Its vulgarity.
(d) Its love of Nero.
15. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priestess soak in a brew?
2. What is the translation of the title of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
3. Who is Encolpius' mentor?
4. Who transports Claudius to hell?
5. Who was the emperor when "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)