|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the companions plans to act addled and ill as part of his disguise?
2. On what day does Claudius begin to take his last breath?
(a) October 13.
(b) October 31.
(c) January 1.
(d) The Ides of March.
3. Which character will portray a slave when the companions enter Croton?
4. Why was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
(a) He was accused of adultery.
(b) He was accused of lying.
(c) He was accused of stealing.
(d) He was accused of gambling.
5. What is not held in high esteem in Croton?
(d) The gods.
6. How does the man disguised as the wealthy one plan to explain that he has lost some of his money?
(a) He was robbed.
(b) He gave it to needy people.
(c) He has been shipwrecked.
(d) He lost it gambling.
7. What must Encolpius remove for his role in Croton?
(a) His wig.
(b) His toga.
(c) His money.
(d) His accent.
8. Who is afraid of Claudius in heaven?
9. What are the men asked for when they visit Croton?
(b) Their assets.
(c) Their identity.
(d) Their educational background.
10. Who does Claudius indicate he is to Hercules in heaven?
(c) A god.
11. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
(a) Very rich and just rich.
(b) Poor and very poor.
(c) Very rich and very poor.
(d) Rich or trying to get rich.
12. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
13. Why does the priestess fall?
(a) Giton knocked her down.
(b) Her stool breaks.
(c) Her feet were hot.
(d) She is clumsy.
14. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Its criticism of Claudius.
(b) Its political satire.
(c) Its love of Nero.
(d) Its vulgarity.
15. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Events of the era.
(b) Education level.
(c) Writing style.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater?
2. What does Claudius order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity to Hercules?
3. Who really wants to know if Encolpius sells himself or gives himself away sexually?
4. Which pig part is used in the ritual to restore Encolpius?
5. Why are there no children in Croton?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)