|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed on top of a table by the priestess?
(a) Hot coals.
(b) Herbs for mixing a remedy.
(c) A pig.
(d) Food for a feast.
2. Who vows to make Encolpius "stiff as a horn?"
3. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
4. Who is overly praised in "The Apocolocyntosis"?
5. Who transports Claudius to hell?
6. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
7. To where was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
8. Which Fate says that Claudius will not die alone?
9. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
(a) Very rich and very poor.
(b) Poor and very poor.
(c) Very rich and just rich.
(d) Rich or trying to get rich.
10. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
(c) The townspeople.
(d) No one.
11. Why was Claudius previously given more time to live?
(a) To grant citizenship to the few aliens still left.
(b) To do good deeds.
(c) To find his own salvation.
(d) To make peace with the gods.
12. What is the cause of minor objections raised about the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Some say the author was not alive when it was written.
(b) The author was not very bright.
(c) No one recalls the younger writer.
(d) Its strange title.
13. Who pleads for Claudius to be put out of his misery?
14. Why was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
(a) He was accused of adultery.
(b) He was accused of stealing.
(c) He was accused of gambling.
(d) He was accused of lying.
15. Why does Circe ask if she emits a fowl odor?
(a) Because Encolpius is impotent.
(b) Because a dead animal is nearby.
(c) Because she can smell it too.
(d) Because a spell has been cast upon her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Encolpius remove for his role in Croton?
2. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
3. Who is Circe's maid?
4. What is the name of the town that Encolpius and his companions see while walking?
5. Who killed Hercules' great granddaughters and great-great grandson?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)