|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
2. What are the men asked for when they visit Croton?
(a) Their educational background.
(b) Their assets.
(d) Their identity.
3. Which of the companions plans to act addled and ill as part of his disguise?
4. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
5. Who was the emperor when "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
6. Why does the priestess fall?
(a) Giton knocked her down.
(b) Her feet were hot.
(c) She is clumsy.
(d) Her stool breaks.
7. What was Claudius listening to when he expired?
(a) Symphonic music.
(b) Comic actors.
(c) Arguing in his court.
(d) Nero's violin practice.
8. Who proposes that Claudius be made a god simply because of his blood relation to other gods?
9. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
10. On what day does Claudius begin to take his last breath?
(a) October 13.
(b) The Ides of March.
(c) October 31.
(d) January 1.
11. Which pig part is used in the ritual to restore Encolpius?
12. How many of the animals that attack Encolpius does he actually kill?
13. To where was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
14. What is the subject of the poem recited at the end of The Road to Croton?
(a) An ocean and shipwreck adventure.
(b) Roman history.
(c) Greek history.
(d) An epic tale of the companions.
15. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Circe ask if she emits a fowl odor?
2. How many animals attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves the room?
3. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
4. Who does Claudius indicate he is to Hercules in heaven?
5. Why does the witch meet Encolpius in the woods?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)