|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes enraged by Claudius' order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity?
2. Who pleads for Claudius to be put out of his misery?
3. Who vows to make Encolpius "stiff as a horn?"
4. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
(a) He is kicked out of town.
(b) He runs back to his boy lover.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He cries.
5. What does Claudius order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity to Hercules?
(a) The stockade.
6. Which god helps restore Encolpius to full health?
7. What is the name of the town that Encolpius and his companions see while walking?
8. Who is afraid of Claudius in heaven?
9. Who was the emperor when "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
10. What is placed on top of a table by the priestess?
(a) Hot coals.
(b) A pig.
(c) Herbs for mixing a remedy.
(d) Food for a feast.
11. Why do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater to one of the companions?
(a) They think he's rich.
(b) They appreciate his talent and poetry.
(c) They think he's famous.
(d) They think he's beautiful.
12. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
13. Who does Claudius indicate he is to Hercules in heaven?
(a) A god.
14. Who is Circe's maid?
(c) She doesn't have one.
15. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man disguised as the wealthy one plan to explain that he has lost some of his money?
2. Who brings a witch to the woods to meet Encolpius?
3. Why will the townspeople think Encolpius has moved to Croton?
4. Why was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
5. What is the cause of minor objections raised about the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)