|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the companions plans to act addled and ill as part of his disguise?
2. What are the men asked for when they visit Croton?
(a) Their assets.
(b) Their identity.
(d) Their educational background.
3. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
(a) Court jester for the gods.
(c) Legal secretary.
(d) Cook for the gods.
4. How does the man disguised as the wealthy one plan to explain that he has lost some of his money?
(a) He has been shipwrecked.
(b) He lost it gambling.
(c) He gave it to needy people.
(d) He was robbed.
5. At what stage of the emperor's reign was "The Apocolocyntosis" written?
6. Who is Encolpius' mentor?
7. Who vows to make Encolpius "stiff as a horn?"
8. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
(a) He is kicked out of town.
(b) He cries.
(c) He runs back to his boy lover.
(d) He is beaten.
9. What is not held in high esteem in Croton?
(b) The gods.
10. What must Giton remove for his role in Croton?
(a) His wig.
(b) His accent.
(c) His money.
(d) His toga.
11. Who does the maid only have relations with?
12. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
(c) Working as slaves.
(d) Hunting fortunes.
13. Who is Circe's maid?
(c) She doesn't have one.
14. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
(c) The townspeople.
(d) No one.
15. Who wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Seneca the Younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
2. Why was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
3. What is the name of the town that Encolpius and his companions see while walking?
4. Which Fate says that Claudius will not die alone?
5. How many of the animals that attack Encolpius does he actually kill?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)