|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed on top of a table by the priestess?
(a) A pig.
(b) Herbs for mixing a remedy.
(c) Food for a feast.
(d) Hot coals.
2. Who is overly praised in "The Apocolocyntosis"?
3. How long was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 8 years.
4. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
5. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
6. Who was Nero's tutor?
7. In heaven, what does Claudius' voice sound like?
(a) A sea monster.
(b) Roaring lions.
(c) A violin.
(d) Angels singing.
8. What does Encolpius vow to give up for the beautiful woman he meets?
9. What is not held in high esteem in Croton?
(a) The gods.
10. Who killed Hercules' great granddaughters and great-great grandson?
11. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
(a) Hunting fortunes.
(d) Working as slaves.
12. What is the subject of the poem recited at the end of The Road to Croton?
(a) An ocean and shipwreck adventure.
(b) An epic tale of the companions.
(c) Greek history.
(d) Roman history.
13. What does Claudius order for the one who called him out for lying about his identity to Hercules?
(d) The stockade.
14. Why will the townspeople think Encolpius has moved to Croton?
(a) Because he is a music lover.
(b) Because he is Eumolpus' slave.
(c) Because he is a wealth builder himself.
(d) Because he has no where else to go.
15. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there no children in Croton?
2. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
3. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
4. Why does the witch meet Encolpius in the woods?
5. How much "The Apocolocyntosis" is missing from this translation?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)