|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Nero's tutor?
2. Why will Eumolpus tell the townspeople he wants to move to Croton?
(a) To leave behind old memories.
(b) He wants to be rich, too.
(c) He has a business model in mind.
(d) He likes a challenge.
3. Which pig part is used in the ritual to restore Encolpius?
4. Who transports Claudius to hell?
5. In which country was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" born?
6. In the section entitled The Road to Croton, where are Encolpius and his companions walking when they see a town in a distance?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Down a mountain.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Up a mountain.
7. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
(a) He runs back to his boy lover.
(b) He is beaten.
(c) He cries.
(d) He is kicked out of town.
8. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
9. Who ordered the exile of the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
10. What is the name of the town that Encolpius and his companions see while walking?
11. Who proposes that Claudius be made a god simply because of his blood relation to other gods?
12. How much "The Apocolocyntosis" is missing from this translation?
(a) Not much.
(b) More than The Satyricon.
(c) Very much.
(d) As much as The Satyricon.
13. How many animals attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves the room?
14. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
15. Who will portray a wealthy man when the companions enter Croton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there no children in Croton?
2. Who killed Hercules' great granddaughters and great-great grandson?
3. Who really wants to know if Encolpius sells himself or gives himself away sexually?
4. To where was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
5. What do the priestess and witch yell as Encolpius runs away?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)