|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Claudius previously given more time to live?
(a) To find his own salvation.
(b) To grant citizenship to the few aliens still left.
(c) To make peace with the gods.
(d) To do good deeds.
2. At what stage of the emperor's reign was "The Apocolocyntosis" written?
3. Why are there no children in Croton?
(a) People with heirs don't get invited to socialize.
(b) Children are killed there.
(c) They are all barren.
(d) Children are sold into slavery from there.
4. What is the subject of the poem recited at the end of The Road to Croton?
(a) Roman history.
(b) An epic tale of the companions.
(c) An ocean and shipwreck adventure.
(d) Greek history.
5. Why will the townspeople think Giton has moved to Croton?
(a) Because he is Eumolpus' slave.
(b) Because he is a wealth builder himself.
(c) Because he has no where else to go.
(d) Because he is a music lover.
6. What was Claudius listening to when he expired?
(a) Symphonic music.
(b) Arguing in his court.
(c) Nero's violin practice.
(d) Comic actors.
7. How many animals attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves the room?
8. Who vows to keep the plan a secret when the companions enter Croton?
(a) Encolpius, Ascyltus and Encolpious.
(b) Ascyltus and Encolpious.
(c) No one.
(d) Encolpius and Giton.
9. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
(a) Rich or trying to get rich.
(b) Very rich and just rich.
(c) Poor and very poor.
(d) Very rich and very poor.
10. Why will Eumolpus tell the townspeople he wants to move to Croton?
(a) He likes a challenge.
(b) To leave behind old memories.
(c) He wants to be rich, too.
(d) He has a business model in mind.
11. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
12. According to Eumolpus, how is the only accurate way to record history?
(a) In song.
(c) In storytelling.
(d) By memory.
13. Who will portray a wealthy man when the companions enter Croton?
14. In the section entitled The Road to Croton, where are Encolpius and his companions walking when they see a town in a distance?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Up a mountain.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Down a mountain.
15. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
2. Who really wants to know if Encolpius sells himself or gives himself away sexually?
3. How long was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
4. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
5. Who is Encolpius' mentor?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)