|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Its love of Nero.
(b) Its vulgarity.
(c) Its criticism of Claudius.
(d) Its political satire.
2. Who is overly praised in "The Apocolocyntosis"?
3. Who ordered the exile of the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
4. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) No one.
5. Which Fate says that Claudius will not die alone?
6. How long was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
7. According to Eumolpus, how is the only accurate way to record history?
(a) In song.
(c) In storytelling.
(d) By memory.
8. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Education level.
(b) Events of the era.
(d) Writing style.
9. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
(a) He runs back to his boy lover.
(b) He is kicked out of town.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He cries.
10. What animals enter the room and attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves?
11. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
12. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
13. Who trusts her son and daughter to Eumolpus?
14. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
(a) Very rich and just rich.
(b) Poor and very poor.
(c) Rich or trying to get rich.
(d) Very rich and very poor.
15. Who will portray a wealthy man when the companions enter Croton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Claudius listening to when he expired?
2. In the section entitled The Road to Croton, where are Encolpius and his companions walking when they see a town in a distance?
3. Why will the townspeople think Encolpius has moved to Croton?
4. What is the name of the town that Encolpius and his companions see while walking?
5. To where was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)