|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Claudius be a Stoic god?
(a) He was born in the wrong month.
(b) He isn't from Sto.
(c) He can't speak Stoic.
(d) He's got neither the head nor heart.
2. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
(b) Cook for the gods.
(c) Legal secretary.
(d) Court jester for the gods.
3. Who was the emperor when "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
4. What does Encolpius vow to give up for the beautiful woman he meets?
5. What are the men asked for when they visit Croton?
(a) Their identity.
(b) Their assets.
(d) Their educational background.
6. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
(a) No one.
(d) The townspeople.
7. How does the man disguised as the wealthy one plan to explain that he has lost some of his money?
(a) He has been shipwrecked.
(b) He gave it to needy people.
(c) He was robbed.
(d) He lost it gambling.
8. Who is afraid of Claudius in heaven?
9. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
(a) He is beaten.
(b) He runs back to his boy lover.
(c) He is kicked out of town.
(d) He cries.
10. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
11. What is the name of the town that Encolpius and his companions see while walking?
12. Who is overly praised in "The Apocolocyntosis"?
13. Who especially likes the prospects the town has to offer to the companions?
14. Who wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Seneca the Younger.
15. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
2. Who killed Hercules' great granddaughters and great-great grandson?
3. Why was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
4. Which pig part is used in the ritual to restore Encolpius?
5. What does the priestess soak in a brew?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)