|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Claudius out for lying about his identity to Hercules?
2. Who especially likes the prospects the town has to offer to the companions?
3. To whom do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater?
4. Why was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
(a) He was accused of gambling.
(b) He was accused of adultery.
(c) He was accused of stealing.
(d) He was accused of lying.
5. Who trusts her son and daughter to Eumolpus?
6. At what stage of the emperor's reign was "The Apocolocyntosis" written?
7. Who thinks Petronius wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Ancestors of Nero.
(b) Fans of Petronius.
(c) All scholars.
(d) Some scholars.
8. What role must Claudius serve as his final punishment?
(b) Cook for the gods.
(c) Legal secretary.
(d) Court jester for the gods.
9. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
(a) He is kicked out of town.
(b) He runs back to his boy lover.
(c) He cries.
(d) He is beaten.
10. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
11. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
12. Who is Encolpius' mentor?
13. What is placed on top of a table by the priestess?
(a) Food for a feast.
(b) Herbs for mixing a remedy.
(c) A pig.
(d) Hot coals.
14. Why was Claudius previously given more time to live?
(a) To find his own salvation.
(b) To make peace with the gods.
(c) To grant citizenship to the few aliens still left.
(d) To do good deeds.
15. Who does the maid only have relations with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
2. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
3. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
4. Why will the townspeople think Encolpius has moved to Croton?
5. Why does Circe ask if she emits a fowl odor?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)