|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
(a) Hunting fortunes.
(d) Working as slaves.
2. On which emperor's court did the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" serve?
3. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
(a) Very rich and just rich.
(b) Rich or trying to get rich.
(c) Very rich and very poor.
(d) Poor and very poor.
4. On what day does Claudius begin to take his last breath?
(a) October 13.
(b) The Ides of March.
(c) October 31.
(d) January 1.
5. To where was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
6. Who thinks Petronius wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Some scholars.
(b) Ancestors of Nero.
(c) All scholars.
(d) Fans of Petronius.
7. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Writing style.
(b) Education level.
(c) Events of the era.
8. Who died a year before the "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
9. Why was Claudius previously given more time to live?
(a) To find his own salvation.
(b) To do good deeds.
(c) To grant citizenship to the few aliens still left.
(d) To make peace with the gods.
10. What does the priestess soak in a brew?
(a) Encolpius' genitals.
(b) Encolpius' right hand.
(c) A goose heart.
(d) A goose liver.
11. Which character will portray a slave when the companions enter Croton?
12. Who calls Claudius out for lying about his identity to Hercules?
13. Who takes Encolpius to a temple?
14. Why will the townspeople think Encolpius has moved to Croton?
(a) Because he is Eumolpus' slave.
(b) Because he is a wealth builder himself.
(c) Because he is a music lover.
(d) Because he has no where else to go.
15. How old is Claudius on the day in which he begins his last breath?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
2. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
3. Who vows to keep the plan a secret when the companions enter Croton?
4. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
5. Which Fate says that Claudius will not die alone?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)