Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Introduction: The Satyricon
1. What points to Titus Petronius as the author of "The Satyricon" other than writing style and language?
2. What was Petronius' title in the emperor's court and what significance was the title?
3. What about "The Satyricon" resulted in it being viewed as inferior literature in the past?
4. What is Menippean satire?
5. Into what genre does "The Satyricon" clearly fit? Why?
6. Is Petronius a typical satirist for his era? Why or why not?
This section contains 880 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)