|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Apocolocyntosis of the Divine Claudius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who translated "The Satyricon"?
(b) J.P. Sullivan.
(d) Titus Petronius.
2. What is the subject of the poem recited at the end of The Road to Croton?
(a) Roman history.
(b) An ocean and shipwreck adventure.
(c) Greek history.
(d) An epic tale of the companions.
3. Which student loses interest in the poetry recited by the teacher and leaves class to find a friend?
4. Who complains about the professors and all their empty rhetoric?
5. What was everyone drinking at the location where the old woman took the students?
(d) Sea water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made advances toward Ascyltus when he is with the old woman?
2. Who trusts her son and daughter to Eumolpus?
3. Which emperor's court does the author serve under?
4. Considering similar works of the same time period, what link was the author's satire obviously missing?
5. Why will Eumolpus tell the townspeople he wants to move to Croton?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)