|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Apocolocyntosis of the Divine Claudius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two classes of people in Croton?
(a) Very rich and very poor.
(b) Poor and very poor.
(c) Rich or trying to get rich.
(d) Very rich and just rich.
2. What threat does Giton make that urges Tryphaena to immediately pardon them?
(a) To kill Tryphaena.
(b) To hang himself.
(c) To cut off his own genitals.
(d) To kill Lichas.
3. What does Encolpius vow to give up for the beautiful woman he meets?
4. Why will the townspeople think Encolpius has moved to Croton?
(a) Because he is a music lover.
(b) Because he has no where else to go.
(c) Because he is a wealth builder himself.
(d) Because he is Eumolpus' slave.
5. What does Encolpius do at night when the boy he tutors falls asleep?
(a) Works a second job.
(b) Reads private letters.
(c) Fondles and kisses him.
(d) Gambles in the marketplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major key is the clue to the authorship of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
2. What does Encolpius ironically threaten against the sex-craved boy?
3. What does the priestess soak in a brew?
4. What are the men asked for when they visit Croton?
5. What title did the author hold in the emperor's court?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)