|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Apocolocyntosis of the Divine Claudius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the priestess and witch yell as Encolpius runs away?
(a) "Run, weakling!"
(b) "Stop, thief!"
(c) "Get back here in the name of love!"
2. What is the poem about that the teacher recites in Puteoli?
(a) Bad parents.
(b) Bad students.
(c) The value of teachers and that they should be respected.
(d) The importance of discipline in writing and the arts.
3. What kind of bottle is carried for the dinner host's urinary needs?
(a) A silver one.
(b) A gold one.
(c) A gourd.
(d) An urn.
4. Who pleads for Claudius to be put out of his misery?
5. Who tries to commit suicide by slashing his throat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
2. What cuts Eumolpus' forehead?
3. In response to the complaint about professors, the teacher recites lines written by whom?
4. Who greets Claudius in heaven?
5. Who will portray a wealthy man when the companions enter Croton?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)