|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction: The Apocolocyntosis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Trimalchio use when he sings the lines of the play?
(d) Classical Arabic.
2. How does the translator deal with the problem he notes in his translation of "The Satyricon"?
(a) He hires a team of translators who are more advanced in Latin than he is.
(b) He educates the reader about Seneca in the introduction.
(c) He gets a translated version of an original copy.
(d) He maintains chronological order, even though it seems like something is missing.
3. Who wrote "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(d) Seneca the Younger.
4. Who was the emperor when "The Apocolocyntosis" was written?
5. According to Eumolpus, how is the only accurate way to record history?
(b) By memory.
(c) In song.
(d) In storytelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to rape Giton?
2. Who wants to be Giton's teacher and guardian in exchange for a sexual relationship?
3. As a satirist, the author does not create a character that teaches a moral. What two words best describe the author's consideration of morality?
4. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
5. Who had already sneaked out of class before the rant about rhetoric?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)