|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction: The Apocolocyntosis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god helps restore Encolpius to full health?
2. How much "The Apocolocyntosis" is missing from this translation?
(a) Very much.
(b) Not much.
(c) As much as The Satyricon.
(d) More than The Satyricon.
3. How does the translator believe he approached the work?
(a) He did the best he could.
(b) He totally rewrote the story based on historical clues.
(c) He is a professional and filled in all the gaps.
(d) Carefully with respect to the original.
4. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
(b) Working as slaves.
(c) Hunting fortunes.
5. Who ordered the exile of the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which town does Encolpius get a tutoring job?
2. Niceros tells a story about what creature?
3. What is the "problem" with the newly roasted pig presented at the dinner?
4. Who wrote the introduction to "The Satyricon"?
5. How many animals attack Encolpius when the priestess leaves the room?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)