|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction: The Apocolocyntosis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a witch to the woods to meet Encolpius?
2. How do the friends actually end their fight over Giton?
(a) They kick him out.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They cut him in half.
(d) They let Giton pick.
3. Why does the witch meet Encolpius in the woods?
(a) To make him disappear.
(b) To see if he is a god.
(c) To cast a spell on him that will test his virility.
(d) As part of a pagan ritual.
4. Who vows to make Encolpius "stiff as a horn?"
5. How does the Trimalchio arrive at the dinner table?
(a) Six old ladies carry him in.
(b) A eunuch piggy-backs him to his spot.
(c) He is carried in and placed at the table.
(d) He swings in on a vine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the townspeople think Giton has moved to Croton?
2. Who breaks down the door to an apartment?
3. What do the priestess and witch yell as Encolpius runs away?
4. How long was the author of "The Apocolocyntosis" exiled?
5. What decorates the platter of delicacies that the slaves bring to the table?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)