|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Croton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who develops a plan to use in order to enter the city of Croton?
2. What does Giton consider Ascyltus to be?
(a) A great lover.
(b) A lazy intellectual.
(c) A criminal.
(d) His best friend.
3. How did earlier readers describe the sexual nature of "The Satyricon"?
4. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
(a) Hunting fortunes.
(b) Working as slaves.
5. What do the priestess and witch yell as Encolpius runs away?
(a) "Get back here in the name of love!"
(c) "Stop, thief!"
(d) "Run, weakling!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the friends actually end their fight over Giton?
2. What is the "problem" with the newly roasted pig presented at the dinner?
3. What spills out of the pig when the chef is ordered to cut it?
4. What color is the wig of Encolpius?
5. A complaining student stresses that without adherence to the rules, what does the language face?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)