|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Croton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws rocks at Eumolpus at the end of the chapter called The Road to Croton?
(a) No one.
(b) The townspeople.
2. Who had already sneaked out of class before the rant about rhetoric?
3. What disguise do Encolpius and Giton use to escape from Lichas and Tryphaena?
(d) Wealthy men.
4. Who sets out to sail on a trip in the chapter entitled Eumolpus?
(a) Eumolpus, Encolpius and Giton.
(b) Ascyltus, Encolpius and Giton.
(c) Eumolpus, Ascyltus, Encolpius and Giton.
(d) Encolpius and Giton.
5. What does a complaining student say happens to children who start school too young?
(a) They get out and can't find a job.
(b) They become superior adults.
(c) They become inferior adults.
(d) The learn more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings a witch to the woods to meet Encolpius?
2. Which emperor's court does the author serve under?
3. In response to the complaint about professors, the teacher recites lines written by whom?
4. What does Ascyltus accuse Encolpius of doing when Encolpius confronts him about something else?
5. Who translated "The Satyricon"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)