|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eumolpus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Considering similar works of the same time period, what link was the author's satire obviously missing?
(a) Man's failure was because of attempts to be immortal.
(b) Man's failure was because of attempts to be moral.
(c) Man's failure was due to lack of morals.
(d) Man's failure was due to politicians.
2. As a satirist, the author does not create a character that teaches a moral. What two words best describe the author's consideration of morality?
(a) Humorous and political.
(b) Detached and uninterested.
(c) Disgusting and unusual.
(d) Caring and concerned.
3. Who is the narrator of "The Satyricon"?
4. Who tries to rape Giton?
5. If the boy doesn't get presents from Encolpius, what does he threaten to do?
(a) Tell his father what's been going on.
(b) Castrate Encolpius.
(c) Cut off Encolpius' ear.
(d) Kill Encolpius in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Eumolpus run into a naked man looking for a boy?
2. How do the friends actually end their fight over Giton?
3. What is inside the egg that is served at the dinner party?
4. Who wants to be Giton's teacher and guardian in exchange for a sexual relationship?
5. What role does Giton play when Ascyltus and Encolpius attend the special dinner?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)