|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dinner with Trimalchio.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ascyltus and Encolpius acquire the item they try to sell?
(a) They found it.
(b) By stealing it.
(c) With magic.
(d) It was given to them by Trimalchio.
2. Which emperor had high literary ambitions?
3. Who said that teachers would be the only ones in school if they are unable to engage the students?
4. Which emperor's court does the author serve under?
5. Which Roman satire does the translator link to "The Satyricon"?
(c) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(d) "Julius Caesar."
Short Answer Questions
1. Niceros tells a story about what creature?
2. What details in "The Satyricon" will probably not surprise a modern audience?
3. A complaining student stresses that without adherence to the rules, what does the language face?
4. What decorates the platter of delicacies that the slaves bring to the table?
5. What combines "a moralistic and humorous melange of prose and verse"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)