|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dinner with Trimalchio.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the introduction to "The Satyricon"?
(a) The emperor in the story.
(b) The book's translator.
(d) The book's author.
2. How does the Trimalchio arrive at the dinner table?
(a) He swings in on a vine.
(b) He is carried in and placed at the table.
(c) Six old ladies carry him in.
(d) A eunuch piggy-backs him to his spot.
3. Considering similar works of the same time period, what link was the author's satire obviously missing?
(a) Man's failure was because of attempts to be immortal.
(b) Man's failure was because of attempts to be moral.
(c) Man's failure was due to politicians.
(d) Man's failure was due to lack of morals.
4. What was everyone drinking at the location where the old woman took the students?
(b) Sea water.
5. What role does Giton play when Ascyltus and Encolpius attend the special dinner?
(a) Their lover.
(b) Their chauffeur.
(c) Their butler.
(d) Their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
2. What animal does the pork dessert resemble?
3. What do Ascyltus and Encolpius try to sell?
4. Niceros tells a story about what creature?
5. What combines "a moralistic and humorous melange of prose and verse"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)