|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dinner with Trimalchio.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the argument between Encolpius and Ascyltus in the section called Puteoli end?
(a) With both of them being stabbed.
(b) Encolpius is carried to a doctor.
(c) Ascyltus is carried to a doctor.
(d) They collapse in laughter.
2. In response to the complaint about professors, the teacher recites lines written by whom?
3. Who is Trimalchio's wife?
(a) He has no wife.
4. What combines "a moralistic and humorous melange of prose and verse"?
(b) Classical translation.
(c) Menippean satire.
(d) The Bible.
5. What color coat does Trimalchio wear to the dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ascyltus accuse Encolpius of doing when Encolpius confronts him about something else?
2. Who tries to rape Giton?
3. How do Ascyltus and Encolpius acquire the item they try to sell?
4. As a satirist, the author does not create a character that teaches a moral. What two words best describe the author's consideration of morality?
5. What animal does the pork dessert resemble?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)