|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dinner with Trimalchio.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the translator suspect the modern reader will view the sexual nature of "The Satyricon"?
2. How long does Trimalchio have to live?
(a) Thirty years, four months and two days.
(b) About one week if the astrology is right.
(c) Ten years, 2 months and four days.
(d) Six months at best.
3. What does the accountant read at the dinner party?
(a) A game of numbers and figures.
(b) A welcome to the guests.
(c) Statistical and financial statements about Trimalchio's estate.
(d) A poem he wrote.
4. Who does Encolpius find weeping as he leaves the place the old woman took him?
(c) The old woman.
5. Who is the "terribly elegant" gentleman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to rape Giton?
2. Who made advances toward Ascyltus when he is with the old woman?
3. Why, according to the translator, is "The Satyricon" difficult to classify?
4. How does the argument between Encolpius and Ascyltus in the section called Puteoli end?
5. How do Ascyltus and Encolpius acquire the item they try to sell?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)