|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Puteoli.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instructor developed proper language skills in his students?
2. What is the poem about that the teacher recites in Puteoli?
(a) Bad parents.
(b) The value of teachers and that they should be respected.
(c) The importance of discipline in writing and the arts.
(d) Bad students.
3. How does the translator suspect the modern reader will view the sexual nature of "The Satyricon"?
4. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
(c) The old woman.
5. Who does Encolpius find weeping as he leaves the place the old woman took him?
(d) The old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the complaint about professors, the teacher recites lines written by whom?
2. Why does the translator say the book skips around and has gaps in the story?
3. What method of translation does the translator use in retelling "The Satyricon"?
4. Which emperor had high literary ambitions?
5. Who said that teachers would be the only ones in school if they are unable to engage the students?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)