|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Puteoli.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instructor developed proper language skills in his students?
2. What does Ascyltus accuse Encolpius of doing when Encolpius confronts him about something else?
(a) Of stealing money and clothing from him.
(b) Of having a crush on Giton.
(c) Of raping Giton.
(d) Of praising Agamemnon to get a free meal.
3. How does the translator believe he approached the work?
(a) He is a professional and filled in all the gaps.
(b) Carefully with respect to the original.
(c) He did the best he could.
(d) He totally rewrote the story based on historical clues.
4. Why does the translator say the book skips around and has gaps in the story?
(a) So readers will not be confused by the fragmentation.
(b) Because he couldn't translate everything.
(c) Because he is eccentric.
(d) Because he does not want to be blamed for missing content.
5. How does the translator suspect the modern reader will view the sexual nature of "The Satyricon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. A complaining student stresses that without adherence to the rules, what does the language face?
2. Which emperor had high literary ambitions?
3. Who made advances toward Ascyltus when he is with the old woman?
4. Which emperor's court does the author serve under?
5. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)