|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Puteoli.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author's title at the emperor's court say about himself?
(a) He is really wordy.
(b) He is talented and sophisticated.
(c) He is respected for his humor.
(d) He has many travels and many entertaining stories to tell.
2. Who is Encolpius' teacher at the beginning of "The Satyricon"?
3. What title did the author hold in the emperor's court?
(a) Knight of the Roundtable.
(b) Arbiter of Elegance.
(c) Joker and Comedian.
(d) Official Historian.
4. Who wrote the introduction to "The Satyricon"?
(a) The book's translator.
(b) The emperor in the story.
(c) The book's author.
5. Who had already sneaked out of class before the rant about rhetoric?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ascyltus accuse Encolpius of doing when Encolpius confronts him about something else?
2. What does the translator say he does not do?
3. Who is the narrator of "The Satyricon"?
4. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
5. How do Ascyltus and Encolpius acquire the item they try to sell?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)