|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Puteoli.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A complaining student stresses that without adherence to the rules, what does the language face?
(d) No meaning.
2. What does the author's title at the emperor's court say about himself?
(a) He is respected for his humor.
(b) He has many travels and many entertaining stories to tell.
(c) He is talented and sophisticated.
(d) He is really wordy.
3. How does the argument between Encolpius and Ascyltus in the section called Puteoli end?
(a) Ascyltus is carried to a doctor.
(b) With both of them being stabbed.
(c) Encolpius is carried to a doctor.
(d) They collapse in laughter.
4. Which student loses interest in the poetry recited by the teacher and leaves class to find a friend?
5. Who made advances toward Ascyltus when he is with the old woman?
(a) A man.
(b) A goddess in a cloak.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) The old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the translator say the book skips around and has gaps in the story?
2. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
3. Which emperor had high literary ambitions?
4. Which Roman satire does the translator link to "The Satyricon"?
5. Who tries to rape Giton?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)