|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Puteoli.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that teachers would be the only ones in school if they are unable to engage the students?
2. Who translated "The Satyricon"?
(a) J.P. Sullivan.
(d) Titus Petronius.
3. What does the translator say he does not do?
(a) Read Greek well.
(b) Fill in obviously missing gaps.
(c) Study more about Senca himself.
(d) Like borrowing copies.
4. What title did the author hold in the emperor's court?
(a) Arbiter of Elegance.
(b) Joker and Comedian.
(c) Official Historian.
(d) Knight of the Roundtable.
5. Who made advances toward Ascyltus when he is with the old woman?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A man.
(c) A goddess in a cloak.
(d) The old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which emperor had high literary ambitions?
2. What does Ascyltus accuse Encolpius of doing when Encolpius confronts him about something else?
3. Who tries to rape Giton?
4. What was everyone drinking at the location where the old woman took the students?
5. What does the author's title at the emperor's court say about himself?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)