|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Puteoli.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "The Satyricon"?
2. Which instructor developed proper language skills in his students?
3. Who said that teachers would be the only ones in school if they are unable to engage the students?
4. Who had already sneaked out of class before the rant about rhetoric?
5. Where does the old woman take the two students she encounters?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To the palace.
(c) To a brothel.
(d) To the grotto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ascyltus and Encolpius try to sell?
2. What does the author's title at the emperor's court say about himself?
3. Why, according to the translator, is "The Satyricon" difficult to classify?
4. Who is Encolpius' teacher at the beginning of "The Satyricon"?
5. What was everyone drinking at the location where the old woman took the students?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)