|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Puteoli.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a satirist, the author does not create a character that teaches a moral. What two words best describe the author's consideration of morality?
(a) Caring and concerned.
(b) Humorous and political.
(c) Disgusting and unusual.
(d) Detached and uninterested.
2. How do Ascyltus and Encolpius acquire the item they try to sell?
(a) They found it.
(b) It was given to them by Trimalchio.
(c) With magic.
(d) By stealing it.
3. What combines "a moralistic and humorous melange of prose and verse"?
(a) Classical translation.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Menippean satire.
4. Why, according to the translator, is "The Satyricon" difficult to classify?
(a) It was new.
(b) It includes so much sexuality issues.
(c) It is not meant for young readers.
(d) It is fragmented.
5. What details in "The Satyricon" will probably not surprise a modern audience?
(a) Bar hopping.
(b) Sexual details.
(c) Crooked politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the old woman take the two students she encounters?
2. Which emperor's court does the author serve under?
3. Which instructor developed proper language skills in his students?
4. How did earlier readers describe the sexual nature of "The Satyricon"?
5. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)