Quiz: Introduction: The Satyricon
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. What does the translator say he does not do?
a) Like borrowing copies.
b) Fill in obviously missing gaps.
c) Study more about Senca himself.
d) Read Greek well.
2. What details in "The Satyricon" will probably not surprise a modern audience?
b) Bar hopping.
c) Crooked politicians.
d) Sexual details.
3. How did earlier readers describe the sexual nature of "The Satyricon"?
4. Who wrote the introduction to "The Satyricon"?
a) The book's translator.
b) The emperor in the story.
d) The book's author.
5. What does the author's title at the emperor's court say about himself?
a) He is really wordy.
This section contains 289 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)