|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction: The Apocolocyntosis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do scholars see "The Satyricon" today?
(a) It is a moral tale strictly for children.
(c) It is a respected piece of literature.
(d) Classic pornography.
2. What do the priestess and witch yell as Encolpius runs away?
(a) "Stop, thief!"
(c) "Run, weakling!"
(d) "Get back here in the name of love!"
3. What does a complaining student say happens to children who start school too young?
(a) They become inferior adults.
(b) They become superior adults.
(c) The learn more.
(d) They get out and can't find a job.
4. What is the main factor used in determining the author of "The Apocolocyntosis"?
(a) Events of the era.
(b) Education level.
(c) Writing style.
5. How does Ascyltus first suggest the friends end their fight over Giton?
(a) Cut him in half.
(b) Turn him loose and see if he comes back.
(c) Let Giton pick.
(d) Leave him behind and move on.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Eumolpus, how is the only accurate way to record history?
2. What color is the wig of Encolpius?
3. What problem does the translator note in his translation of "The Satyricon"?
4. What cuts Eumolpus' forehead?
5. As a satirist, the author does not create a character that teaches a moral. What two words best describe the author's consideration of morality?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)