|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction: The Apocolocyntosis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what stage of the emperor's reign was "The Apocolocyntosis" written?
2. Why are there no children in Croton?
(a) Children are sold into slavery from there.
(b) Children are killed there.
(c) They are all barren.
(d) People with heirs don't get invited to socialize.
3. What is the mural of on the dining wall at the special party?
(a) Heaven, with God and Trimalchio.
(b) A market scene.
(c) Trimalchio along with the gods Mercury and Minerva.
(d) Heaven, with Trimalchio as the only god.
4. Who trusts her son and daughter to Eumolpus?
5. Why will the townspeople think Giton has moved to Croton?
(a) Because he is a wealth builder himself.
(b) Because he is Eumolpus' slave.
(c) Because he is a music lover.
(d) Because he has no where else to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the translator believe he approached the work?
2. Which of the following statements has "The Satyricon" been called, now deemed to be worthy literature?
3. Why does the priestess fall?
4. What does Encolpius promise to give the boy that he simply cannot deliver?
5. In response to the complaint about professors, the teacher recites lines written by whom?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)