|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dinner with Trimalchio.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
(c) The old woman.
2. How does the translator believe he approached the work?
(a) Carefully with respect to the original.
(b) He totally rewrote the story based on historical clues.
(c) He did the best he could.
(d) He is a professional and filled in all the gaps.
3. What language does Trimalchio use when he sings the lines of the play?
(d) Classical Arabic.
4. Who tries to rape Giton?
5. Niceros tells a story about what creature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the introduction to "The Satyricon"?
2. How does the argument between Encolpius and Ascyltus in the section called Puteoli end?
3. What does Ascyltus accuse Encolpius of doing when Encolpius confronts him about something else?
4. What do Ascyltus and Encolpius try to sell?
5. What spills out of the pig when the chef is ordered to cut it?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)