|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Croton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were people without fortunes in Croton doing?
(b) Hunting fortunes.
(d) Working as slaves.
2. Which emperor had high literary ambitions?
3. What do Ascyltus and Encolpius try to sell?
(a) A bag.
(b) A cloak.
(c) A goat.
4. How does the translator suspect the modern reader will view the sexual nature of "The Satyricon"?
5. What problem does the translator note in his translation of "The Satyricon"?
(a) It is fragmented and has missing sections.
(b) He cannot read the language.
(c) No one has ever heard of Seneca.
(d) He is concerned that he does not have an original copy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Giton remove for his role in Croton?
2. What does the author's title at the emperor's court say about himself?
3. Who is Trimalchio's wife?
4. Who says that love and art are on the decline because people care more about money?
5. How is the chef who cooked the newly roasted pig saved?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)