|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Croton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Trimalchio have to live?
(a) Ten years, 2 months and four days.
(b) About one week if the astrology is right.
(c) Thirty years, four months and two days.
(d) Six months at best.
2. Who is Encolpius' mentor?
3. In response to the complaint about professors, the teacher recites lines written by whom?
4. What kind of bottle is carried for the dinner host's urinary needs?
(a) A gourd.
(b) A silver one.
(c) An urn.
(d) A gold one.
5. What does Encolpius do at night when the boy he tutors falls asleep?
(a) Works a second job.
(b) Reads private letters.
(c) Gambles in the marketplace.
(d) Fondles and kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bruises Trimalchio's arm?
2. What does a complaining student say happens to children who start school too young?
3. In the farce they are creating to enter Croton, which companion will say he has just buried his son?
4. When the friends part in Puteoli, who does Giton go with?
5. Who wrote the introduction to "The Satyricon"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)