|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Croton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Encolpius' teacher at the beginning of "The Satyricon"?
2. What is placed on top of a table by the priestess?
(a) A pig.
(b) Herbs for mixing a remedy.
(c) Hot coals.
(d) Food for a feast.
3. Why does the priestess fall?
(a) Her feet were hot.
(b) She is clumsy.
(c) Giton knocked her down.
(d) Her stool breaks.
4. What color is the wig of Encolpius?
5. What does Encolpius ironically threaten against the sex-craved boy?
(a) To castrate the boy.
(b) To tell his father what's been going on.
(c) To cut off the boy's ear.
(d) To kill the boy in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pig part is used in the ritual to restore Encolpius?
2. Why does Circe ask if she emits a fowl odor?
3. What does a complaining student say happens to children who start school too young?
4. Who does Ascyltus accuse of being a hypocrite?
5. If the boy doesn't get presents from Encolpius, what does he threaten to do?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)