|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Croton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ascyltus and Encolpius try to sell?
(a) A cloak.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bag.
2. Why do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater to one of the companions?
(a) They appreciate his talent and poetry.
(b) They think he's rich.
(c) They think he's famous.
(d) They think he's beautiful.
3. Who does the maid only have relations with?
4. What do the priestess and witch yell as Encolpius runs away?
(a) "Get back here in the name of love!"
(c) "Run, weakling!"
(d) "Stop, thief!"
5. A complaining student stresses that without adherence to the rules, what does the language face?
(c) No meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is thrown overboard and sucked under by the current in Eumolpus?
2. Who does Encolpius meet at a museum?
3. Which instructor developed proper language skills in his students?
4. What is the poem about that the teacher recites in Puteoli?
5. Who said that teachers would be the only ones in school if they are unable to engage the students?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)