|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Croton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Croton immediately begin to cater to one of the companions?
(a) They think he's beautiful.
(b) They think he's rich.
(c) They appreciate his talent and poetry.
(d) They think he's famous.
2. What happens to Encolpius when he cannot sexually perform with the beautiful woman a second time?
(a) He is kicked out of town.
(b) He is beaten.
(c) He cries.
(d) He runs back to his boy lover.
3. Who sets out to sail on a trip in the chapter entitled Eumolpus?
(a) Eumolpus, Ascyltus, Encolpius and Giton.
(b) Eumolpus, Encolpius and Giton.
(c) Encolpius and Giton.
(d) Ascyltus, Encolpius and Giton.
4. Who is Encolpius' teacher at the beginning of "The Satyricon"?
5. How do Ascyltus and Encolpius acquire the item they try to sell?
(a) It was given to them by Trimalchio.
(b) By stealing it.
(c) With magic.
(d) They found it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the priestess fall?
2. How many of the animals that attack Encolpius does he actually kill?
3. Which god helps restore Encolpius to full health?
4. Who is the narrator of "The Satyricon"?
5. Who vows to make Encolpius "stiff as a horn?"
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)