|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remains by Dream's side while he waits to see the family?
2. Who refuses to believe that Dream is dead?
3. What strange appendage does Cluracan have?
4. What type of bird is it?
5. A scene from which book is discussed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Eblis O'Shaughnessy? Why is his presence necessary?
2. Who does Li see in the desert? What is the conversation had between the two?
3. What creature does Master Li adopt? Why?
4. Who arrives at the meeting singing a song? What is the song?
5. How long has Li been traveling? Where is he going? Who travels with Li?
6. What occurs when the doors are opened? What is done to Dream's body?
7. What is the opening passage of this chapter?
8. What is the opening passage of "Exiles"?
9. Why did the family not question the news?
10. How will Eblis find his way in the catacombs? What happens in the underworld?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the stories in the book are too fantastical to be believed by someone who was not there to experience it firsthand. How might you react if a person approached you with such an outrageous tale that it could only happen in myth? Would you believe the person? Would you think the person was crazy? Would you ask for proof? If so, what kind of proof would you require?
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed character description for each Endless character that appears in the book. Choose your favorite and why you prefer that specific character.
Essay Topic 3
Morpheus is one of the most enigmatic and famous characters in mythology. Explain the history of Morpheus. When did the character first appear in literature? What culture seemingly created Morpheus? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Gaiman chose Morpheus as a main character? What other mythological entity would you like to see portrayed in a graphic novel series?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)