|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rainie's power?
2. How did Shakespeare's rival playwright die?
3. Why does Rainie tell Della she has been pensioned off?
4. Who forced Shakespeare to take his son along for the summer?
5. How long between calls, does Rainie have to wait for the man who pays her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Della say about the handicapped boys who walk by the window, and how does Rainie respond to this?
2. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
3. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
4. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
5. What happens as Rainie is dying?
6. How does Rainie hide herself when she goes into public?
7. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
8. Who was Algon and how did he die?
9. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
These stories place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plots. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for the stories to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)