|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago were Rainie and Della friends?
2. In "A Midsummer's Night's Dream", what do some of the players want to sit on in the play for comedic effect?
3. Why does Della want to talk to Rainie?
4. What kind of creature is Robin Goodfellow?
5. Whom does Titania invite to the spirit world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Judith say Shakespeare would do if Hamnet died?
2. How does Burbage introduce himself to the Sandman?
3. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
4. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
5. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
6. What happened to the payment the troupe got from Auberon, and how does Shakespeare explain this?
7. What does Auberon say about the play at the end, and how does the Sandman respond to this?
8. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
9. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
10. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters, especially Calliope, Rainie, and Hamnet. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)