|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rainie meet Della?
2. What is an ankh?
3. What is the name of Shakespeare's daughter?
4. What does Puck do to the actor playing his part?
5. What is Della's secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rainie hide herself when she goes into public?
2. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
3. How does Burbage introduce himself to the Sandman?
4. Who was Algon and how did he die?
5. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
6. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
7. What happens as Rainie is dying?
8. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
9. What did Judith say Shakespeare would do if Hamnet died?
10. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the story he/she appeared in?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)