|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Helena love?
2. What does Rainie order at her lunch with Della?
3. Where does Titania say she has heard this story before?
4. What does Puck admire about the play in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
5. Whom does Titania invite to the spirit world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the payment the troupe got from Auberon, and how does Shakespeare explain this?
2. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
3. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
4. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
5. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
6. When did Death come into existence?
7. What does Hamnet complain about his father for?
8. What does Peaseblossom say when the character of Puck comes on the stage?
9. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
10. Who was Algon and how did he die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in these stories, but especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Rainie. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)