|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Death come to see Rainie?
2. Why does Rainie say she can't take her gloves off at lunch?
3. What does Shakespeare's son say his father is obsessed with?
4. What does Rainie have to make for herself before meeting with Della?
5. Where does Titania say she has heard this story before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Burbage introduce himself to the Sandman?
2. What does Peaseblossom say when the character of Puck comes on the stage?
3. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
4. What does Mulligan tell Rainie he looks like, and what does Rainie say in return?
5. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
6. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
7. What did Judith say Shakespeare would do if Hamnet died?
8. What happens as Rainie is dying?
9. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
10. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters, especially Calliope, Rainie, and Hamnet. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)