|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Helena love?
2. What does Puck admire about the play in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
3. What does Rainie order at her lunch with Della?
4. What kind of head does Skarrow have?
5. What month does "A Midsummer's Night's Dream" start?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rainie hide herself when she goes into public?
2. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
3. Who was Algon and how did he die?
4. What happened to the payment the troupe got from Auberon, and how does Shakespeare explain this?
5. What does Peaseblossom say when the character of Puck comes on the stage?
6. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
7. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
8. How does Burbage introduce himself to the Sandman?
9. What does Della say about the handicapped boys who walk by the window, and how does Rainie respond to this?
10. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Madoc endures many different trials before the end of his story. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
There was a lot of interesting advice given and received by and to Rainie. What are some examples of this advice, and what were the consequences of it?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)