|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Shakespeare's daughter?
2. What two strange colors is Rainie?
3. What is Richard the player's last name?
4. What is Della's secret?
5. How long ago were Rainie and Della friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
2. What does Peaseblossom say when the character of Puck comes on the stage?
3. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
4. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
5. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
6. What does Puck decide to do as the fairies are leaving?
7. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
8. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
9. What does Auberon say about the play at the end, and how does the Sandman respond to this?
10. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)