|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Titania want to meet at intermission?
2. What two strange colors is Rainie?
3. Where do the actors in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream" usually like to perform?
4. Who gave Della Rainie's number?
5. What upsets Peaseblossom about the play in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Algon and how did he die?
2. What happened to the payment the troupe got from Auberon, and how does Shakespeare explain this?
3. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
4. What did Judith say Shakespeare would do if Hamnet died?
5. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
6. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
7. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
8. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
9. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
10. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book, but are found in excess in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Foolishness was a very common folly highlighted in this collection of stories through the misdeeds of Madoc, Puck, and Rainie. What are some of the main examples of this, and what message was being sent through this blatant foolishness?
Essay Topic 3
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)