|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Rainie's legs made out of?
2. What does Puck admire about the play in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
3. Where does Rainie dream of visiting?
4. What gives Rainie her powers?
5. Where was Rex Mason from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
2. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
3. What did Judith say Shakespeare would do if Hamnet died?
4. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
5. When did Death come into existence?
6. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
7. What does Hamnet complain about his father for?
8. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
9. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
10. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Shakespeare. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in these stories, but especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Rainie. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Magic and supernatural powers were interwoven into each of these stories. What are some major examples of this, and how did this change the feel and progression of the plots?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)