|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Della?
2. Whom does Titania want to meet at intermission?
3. Where do the actors in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream" usually like to perform?
4. Who forced Shakespeare to take his son along for the summer?
5. How does the fairy audience get to the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puck decide to do as the fairies are leaving?
2. What did Judith say Shakespeare would do if Hamnet died?
3. What does Peaseblossom say when the character of Puck comes on the stage?
4. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
5. What does Hamnet complain about his father for?
6. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
7. When did Death come into existence?
8. What happened to the payment the troupe got from Auberon, and how does Shakespeare explain this?
9. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
10. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in these stories, but especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Rainie. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in these stories all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)