|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman at the beginning of "Façade" wish would kill her?
2. How did Shakespeare's rival playwright die?
3. What is an ankh?
4. What does Della call the handicapped boys passing her at lunch?
5. What upsets Peaseblossom about the play in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
2. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
3. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
4. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
5. What does Hamnet complain about his father for?
6. What does Auberon say about the play at the end, and how does the Sandman respond to this?
7. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
8. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
9. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
10. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Shakespeare. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
These stories place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plots. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for the stories to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)