|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teases Puck about him having a part in the play?
2. What kind of animal head does Shakespeare's son have to wear in the play?
3. When did Death come into existence?
4. What does Richard call Shakespeare's new play?
5. Whom is Hermia in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
2. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
3. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
4. What does Della say about the handicapped boys who walk by the window, and how does Rainie respond to this?
5. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
6. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
7. Who was Algon and how did he die?
8. What does Puck decide to do as the fairies are leaving?
9. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
10. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)