|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What parts do the young men in the troupe play?
2. Who commands Robin Goodfellow to behave during the play?
3. What month does "A Midsummer's Night's Dream" start?
4. How does the man who pays Rainie describe himself?
5. How does the fairy audience get to the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rainie hide herself when she goes into public?
2. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
3. What does Puck decide to do as the fairies are leaving?
4. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
5. What happens as Rainie is dying?
6. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
7. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
8. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
9. When did Death come into existence?
10. Who was Algon and how did he die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Magic and supernatural powers were interwoven into each of these stories. What are some major examples of this, and how did this change the feel and progression of the plots?
Essay Topic 2
Madoc endures many different trials before the end of his story. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters, especially Calliope, Rainie, and Hamnet. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)