|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Shakespeare's rival playwright die?
2. What gives Rainie her powers?
3. What are Rainie's legs made out of?
4. Where does Rainie dream of visiting?
5. What do the players call Shakespeare?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
2. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
3. Who was Algon and how did he die?
4. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
5. What does Puck decide to do as the fairies are leaving?
6. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
7. What does Della say about the handicapped boys who walk by the window, and how does Rainie respond to this?
8. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
9. What does Auberon say about the play at the end, and how does the Sandman respond to this?
10. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foolishness was a very common folly highlighted in this collection of stories through the misdeeds of Madoc, Puck, and Rainie. What are some of the main examples of this, and what message was being sent through this blatant foolishness?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Madoc endures many different trials before the end of his story. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)