|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sandman give Shakespeare in return for the plays?
2. What does Puck do to the actor playing his part?
3. What does Shakespeare say about the man his son sees on the road?
4. Where does Shakespeare's son hope to stop for the night in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
5. How old was Algon when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Burbage introduce himself to the Sandman?
2. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
3. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
4. When did Death come into existence?
5. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
6. What does Peaseblossom say when the character of Puck comes on the stage?
7. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
8. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
9. What does Shakespeare ask when he wakes up after the play?
10. What does Della say about the handicapped boys who walk by the window, and how does Rainie respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the feeling of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
There was a lot of interesting advice given and received by and to Rainie. What are some examples of this advice, and what were the consequences of it?
Essay Topic 3
These stories place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plots. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for the stories to take place?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)