|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rainie dream of visiting?
2. What does Shakespeare's son say his father is obsessed with?
3. What does Rainie have to make for herself before meeting with Della?
4. What does Shakespeare say about the man his son sees on the road?
5. Whom does Rainie call at the beginning of "Façade"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
2. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
3. Who was Algon and how did he die?
4. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
5. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
6. What does Shakespeare ask when he wakes up after the play?
7. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
8. How does Burbage introduce himself to the Sandman?
9. When did Death come into existence?
10. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
There was a lot of interesting advice given and received by and to Rainie. What are some examples of this advice, and what were the consequences of it?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)