|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Titania want to meet at intermission?
2. What kind of creature is Robin Goodfellow?
3. What could Rainie smell in the tomb?
4. What gives Rainie bad dreams?
5. How does Peaseblossom describe Puck?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
2. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
3. When did Death come into existence?
4. How does Burbage introduce himself to the Sandman?
5. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
6. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
7. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
8. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
9. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
10. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the story he/she appeared in?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)