|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long between calls, does Rainie have to wait for the man who pays her?
2. How does the woman in "Façade" describe her hand while she smokes?
3. What upsets Peaseblossom about the play in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
4. Why does Rainie tell Della she has been pensioned off?
5. What does Shakespeare ask Auberon for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Algon and how did he die?
2. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
4. What happens as Rainie is dying?
5. How does Rainie hide herself when she goes into public?
6. When did Death come into existence?
7. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
8. What does Peaseblossom say when the character of Puck comes on the stage?
9. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
10. What does Puck decide to do as the fairies are leaving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There was a lot of interesting advice given and received by and to Rainie. What are some examples of this advice, and what were the consequences of it?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Shakespeare. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)