|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Death come into existence?
2. Where does Rainie dream of visiting?
3. How does Peaseblossom describe Puck?
4. How does the man who pays Rainie describe himself?
5. What is Della's secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
2. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
3. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
4. What happened to the payment the troupe got from Auberon, and how does Shakespeare explain this?
5. What does Shakespeare ask when he wakes up after the play?
6. What do the young boys in the troupe do before the play begins?
7. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
8. What does Puck decide to do as the fairies are leaving?
9. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
10. What does Mulligan tell Rainie he looks like, and what does Rainie say in return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters, especially Calliope, Rainie, and Hamnet. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)