|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Della to run away during her lunch with Rainie?
2. Who forced Shakespeare to take his son along for the summer?
3. What is Robin Goodfellow's nickname?
4. Who commands Robin Goodfellow to behave during the play?
5. Where do the actors in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream" usually like to perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rainie hide herself when she goes into public?
2. Who was Algon and how did he die?
3. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
4. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
5. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
6. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
7. What does Auberon say about the play at the end, and how does the Sandman respond to this?
8. When did Death come into existence?
9. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book, but are found in excess in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the feeling of the stories?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)