|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of potion is used in the play in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
2. Where was Rex Mason from?
3. Why did Death come to see Rainie?
4. How does Richard introduce himself to the man on the side of the road?
5. How does Death say Rainie will die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Judith say Shakespeare would do if Hamnet died?
2. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
3. What does Auberon say about the play at the end, and how does the Sandman respond to this?
4. How does Rainie hide herself when she goes into public?
5. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
6. Who was Algon and how did he die?
7. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
8. What does Della say about the handicapped boys who walk by the window, and how does Rainie respond to this?
9. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
10. When did Death come into existence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in these stories, but especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Rainie. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book, but are found in excess in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)