|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shakespeare ask the Sandman for?
(a) Lasting fame.
(b) Political power.
(c) Continued inspiration.
2. Who forced Shakespeare to take his son along for the summer?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
3. What does Richard call Shakespeare's new play?
(a) A tragedy.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A mystery.
(d) A history.
4. Why did Death come to see Rainie?
(a) She heard the call.
(b) Her life is now over.
(c) She needs to ask a question.
(d) Her neighbor is dying.
5. When did Death come into existence?
(a) When a good life turned bad.
(b) When the first living thing was created.
(c) When the first living thing died.
(d) When Life declared a need for an opposite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robin Goodfellow's nickname?
2. How does Peaseblossom describe Puck?
3. Why does the woman in "Façade" smoke?
4. How does the fairy audience get to the play?
5. Whom does Rainie call at the beginning of "Façade"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
2. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
3. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
4. What happened to the payment the troupe got from Auberon, and how does Shakespeare explain this?
5. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
6. What happens as Rainie is dying?
7. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
8. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
9. When did Death come into existence?
10. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)