|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sandman give Shakespeare in return for the plays?
(b) His desires.
(d) Good dreams.
2. Why did Death come to see Rainie?
(a) Her neighbor is dying.
(b) She needs to ask a question.
(c) Her life is now over.
(d) She heard the call.
3. What does Rainie say is her only link to outside life?
(a) Smoking cigarettes.
(b) The Company.
(c) Phone calls to Mulligan.
(d) Watching TV.
4. What is the name of Shakespeare's son?
5. What does Shakespeare ask Auberon for?
(b) Granted wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puck admire about the play in "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"?
2. What does Rainie order at her lunch with Della?
3. In "Façade", why are powers given to mortals?
4. What is Rainie's power?
5. When does Rainie usually get her check?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
2. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
3. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
4. What does Mulligan tell Rainie he looks like, and what does Rainie say in return?
5. How does Rainie hide herself when she goes into public?
6. What happened to the payment the troupe got from Auberon, and how does Shakespeare explain this?
7. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
8. What does Auberon say about the play at the end, and how does the Sandman respond to this?
9. What happens to Burbage at the beginning of the play?
10. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)