|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Algon when he died?
(a) 2,000 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 5,000 years.
(d) 200 years.
2. What does Richard call Shakespeare's new play?
(a) A history.
(b) A tragedy.
(c) A mystery.
(d) A comedy.
3. Where does Rainie meet Della?
(a) At a library.
(b) At the Company.
(c) At a park.
(d) At a restaurant.
4. What parts do the young men in the troupe play?
(a) The women.
(b) The men.
(c) The boys.
(d) The animals.
5. What kind of head does Skarrow have?
(a) A goat.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bird.
(d) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rainie say she can't take her gloves off at lunch?
2. Whom does Helena love?
3. What is Rainie's power?
4. Where was Algon when he died?
5. What two strange colors is Rainie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
2. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
3. What does Della say about the handicapped boys who walk by the window, and how does Rainie respond to this?
4. Why does Death say she came into Rainie's apartment?
5. What did Hamnet dream about after the play?
6. What does Rainie say to Ra, and what is his response?
7. What does Death tell Rainie to do in order to die?
8. What makes the terrible dreams so bad for Rainie?
9. Why has the Sandman chosen to work with Shakespeare in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
10. What does Puck do at the end of the play?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)