|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the kitten dreaming the morning after the meeting?
(a) The living room.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
2. What kind of wasteland does the leader cat have to travel through in her dream?
(a) A frozen wasteland.
(b) A watery wasteland.
(c) A burning wasteland.
(d) A sandy wasteland.
3. How did the leader of the cat meeting view her life as a pet?
(a) She was happy.
(b) She was miserable.
(c) She was confined.
(d) She was unfulfilled.
4. What does the leader cat see in the forest?
5. Whom does the leader cat pray to when she is separated from her kittens?
(a) The Queen of Cats.
(b) The King of Cats.
(c) The Muse to Cats.
(d) The Sandman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does "Calliope" start in?
2. How do the cats feel about the meeting they are about to attend?
3. What great piece of literature did Calliope inspire?
4. How did Erasmus die?
5. How does the dream lord tell the leader cat to understand what has happened to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
2. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
3. What does the Siamese cat see when she looks into the dream lord's eyes?
4. What does the Siamese cat see when she gets to the cave in her dream?
5. What happens to Madoc while he is at a newsstand?
6. Who does Calliope pray to for help, and why are they unable to help her?
7. What does Calliope say when Erasmus gives her to Madoc, and how does he respond?
8. What does the man think the kitten is dreaming about, and what is ironic about this statement?
9. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
10. What does Felix find when he gets to Madoc's house for the first time?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)