|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
2. Where do the survivors of the ship go?
3. Who presents Prez to Boss Smiley in the afterlife?
4. Jim decides not to discuss which of the following?
5. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
2. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
3. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
4. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
5. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
6. How did Prez learn about his victory?
7. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
8. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
9. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
10. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morpheus is one of the most enigmatic and famous characters in mythology. Explain the history of Morpheus. When did the character first appear in literature? What culture seemingly created Morpheus? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Gaiman chose Morpheus as a main character? What other mythological entity would you like to see portrayed in a graphic novel series?
Essay Topic 2
Not all lovers of literature are fans of the graphic novel. Some parents are concerned that a child will become so intrigued with fantasy that he will begin to believe in and dabble in the magic arts. Discuss the magic arts as they apply to fairy tales. What are magic arts? What might a child want to try? Is any one of the arts dangerous? How might it go against a family's structure or moral code? Have you ever dabbled in the magic arts? Explain. Which would be most commonly investigated by a curious child? What do you think would happen?
Essay Topic 3
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Endless. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)