|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
2. What is the main thing Prez gives to the people while in office?
3. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
4. What adjective best describes Prez's presidential life?
5. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
2. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
3. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
4. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
5. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
6. How did Prez learn about his victory?
7. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
8. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
9. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
10. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 3
Politics are also referred to in the book. In Cluracan's Tale, Gaiman refers to the politics of Aurelian and Cluracan's duty to interfere in a summit. In "The Golden Boy" the author devotes an entire story to a chosen one's rise in politics. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Gaiman incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)