|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The character believes that it is what year?
2. What does Smiley offer to Prez?
3. What was the final destination for the last ship?
4. According to myth, the leviathan is only one of _______ entities.
5. How old is the character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
2. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
3. What is the name of the character telling the tale of Hob's Leviathan? What is the time period?
4. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
5. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
6. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
7. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
8. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
9. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
10. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fairies are magical creatures that appear in a wide variety of art forms from literature to paintings and movies. Discuss fairies. What are some famous fairies? Do you have a favorite? How does Cluracan compare to other famous fairies? Where do fairies come from? Where do they live? What kinds of powers do fairies have?
Essay Topic 2
Politics are also referred to in the book. In Cluracan's Tale, Gaiman refers to the politics of Aurelian and Cluracan's duty to interfere in a summit. In "The Golden Boy" the author devotes an entire story to a chosen one's rise in politics. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Gaiman incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
Essay Topic 3
In World's End, the group of travelers has gathered to tell stories while the reality storm passes. Give an overview of the group, where each came from, and why s/he ended up at World's End. Also include non-travelers, such as the inn's proprietor. Do you think it was fate that brought the group together? How do you think the experience changed the characters? Were the changes for good or bad? How did the group part ways. Was the experience real? Do you think the characters will meet up again in a future book?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)