|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
2. What is a leviathan?
3. What was Prez's great love?
4. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
5. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
2. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
3. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
4. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
5. How did Prez learn about his victory?
6. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
7. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
8. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
9. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
10. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed character description for each Endless character that appears in the book. Choose your favorite and explain why you prefer that specific character.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the stories in the book are too fantastical to be believed by someone who was not there to experience it firsthand. How might you react if a person approached you with such an outrageous tale that it could only happen in myth? Would you believe the person? Would you think the person was crazy? Would you ask for proof? If so, what kind of proof would you require?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)