|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brant becomes lost in a series of:
2. The man refers to an incident that happened in approximately what year?
3. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
4. What happens to Kathy shortly before the wedding can take place?
5. The Sea Witch is illustrated as what type of ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
2. How did Prez learn about his victory?
3. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
4. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
5. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
6. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
7. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
8. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
9. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
10. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare "World's End" with one or more of Gaiman's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, the best? Explain. Which did you like the least? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the stories in the book are too fantastical to be believed by someone who was not there to experience it firsthand. How might you react if a person approached you with such an outrageous tale that it could only happen in myth? Would you believe the person? Would you think the person was crazy? Would you ask for proof? If so, what kind of proof would you require?
Essay Topic 3
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Endless. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)