|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of death for Prez.
2. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
3. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
4. What does Brant eat in the beginning of this section?
5. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Prez learn about his victory?
2. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
3. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
4. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
5. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
6. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
7. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
8. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
9. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
10. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fairies are magical creatures that appear in a wide variety of art forms from literature to paintings and movies. Discuss fairies. What are some famous fairies? Do you have a favorite? How does Cluracan compare to other famous fairies? Where do fairies come from? Where do they live? What kinds of powers do fairies have?
Essay Topic 2
In World's End, the group of travelers has gathered to tell stories while the reality storm passes. Give an overview of the group, where each came from, and why s/he ended up at World's End. Also include non-travelers, such as the inn's proprietor. Do you think it was fate that brought the group together? How do you think the experience changed the characters? Were the changes for good or bad? How did the group part ways. Was the experience real? Do you think the characters will meet up again in a future book?
Essay Topic 3
Not all lovers of literature are fans of the graphic novel. Some parents are concerned that a child will become so intrigued with fantasy that he will begin to believe in and dabble in the magic arts. Discuss the magic arts as they apply to fairy tales. What are magic arts? What might a child want to try? Is any one of the arts dangerous? How might it go against a family's structure or moral code? Have you ever dabbled in the magic arts? Explain. Which would be most commonly investigated by a curious child? What do you think would happen?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)