|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main thing Prez gives to the people while in office?
2. Gadling intends to enter into which field?
3. What was the girl's first destination?
4. What is the name of Prez's fiancee?
5. Which character tells interesting stories to the crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
2. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
3. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
4. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
5. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
6. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
7. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
8. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
9. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
10. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
Essay Topic 2
Lucifer appears in more than one story as the fallen angel that reigns over hell. Discuss the use of Lucifer in the stories. Does Gaiman's portrayal of Lucifer match your own concept or the concept taught through religion and myth? What kind of powers does Lucifer have? What is your concept of hell in a religious or mythical context? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters in "The Golden Boy." What are the main differences between Nixon and Prez? Which made the best president? What are strengths and weaknesses of each?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)