|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what capacity does the couple know each other?
2. What word best describes how Brant felt when he was driving in the storm.
3. What kind of injuries were suffered by Brant?
4. To whom does this person go to for help?
5. What rapidly attacks Mairon after his untimely death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
2. Cluracan experiences a prophecy, albeit against his will. What is the prophecy?
3. Who visits in Cluracan in secret?
4. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
5. Who does Brant meet when he leaves the great room to find a restroom?
6. According to the characters, what caused the unusual storm?
7. What is the dream had by Cluracan? Who intervenes on Cluracan's behalf?
8. What is the general atmosphere regarding the citizens of Aurelian? What is the tone of the city?
9. What does Tucker do when he discovers that Charlene is injured? Where do they go?
10. Explain the regime of the city and how the rulers are viewed by Cluracan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters in "The Golden Boy." What are the main differences between Nixon and Prez? Which made the best president? What are strengths and weaknesses of each?
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes in the book is good versus evil. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between good and evil obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in the battle? Do you think the right person won? Does good always triumph over evil? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)