|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the laws in Aurelian?
2. What does Cluracan use against Mairon?
3. What appears in different ways in different worlds?
4. What unfortunate event happens along the way?
5. What adjective best describes the beautiful woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
2. Explain the regime of the city and how the rulers are viewed by Cluracan.
3. What is the general atmosphere regarding the citizens of Aurelian? What is the tone of the city?
4. What do the stranded travelers do while the storm rages outside?
5. Who volunteers to tell the next tale? What is unusual about the character?
6. What time of year is it? What are the weather conditions?
7. Describe the tale told by Gaheris regarding the main character. What was unusual about the character?
8. What does Tucker do when he discovers that Charlene is injured? Where do they go?
9. How long has it been since Cluracan visited Aurelian? What is the condition of the city when he arrives?
10. The story starts out with two people traveling. Who are the people and where are they going?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare "World's End" with one or more of Gaiman's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, the best? Explain. Which did you like the least? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed character description for each Endless character that appears in the book. Choose your favorite and explain why you prefer that specific character.
Essay Topic 3
There are many references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and utilize the Endless? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died? How would you feel if you met the undead in a local restaurant or inn?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)