Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unfortunate event happens along the way?
2. How long has it been since the last time the character went to the city?
3. Who goes away with Mairon?
4. Robert becomes deathly afraid of which of the following?
5. What item is used to transport the potion?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the characters, what caused the unusual storm?
2. How long has it been since Cluracan visited Aurelian? What is the condition of the city when he arrives?
3. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
4. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
5. Discuss Petrefex's explanation of proper corpse disposal.
6. Who is Petrefex? Where is Petrefex's home?
7. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
8. Who observed the disposal and led the burial party?
9. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
10. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
Not all lovers of literature are fans of the graphic novel. Some parents are concerned that a child will become so intrigued with fantasy that he will begin to believe in and dabble in the magic arts. Discuss the magic arts as they apply to fairy tales. What are magic arts? What might a child want to try? Is any one of the arts dangerous? How might it go against a family's structure or moral code? Have you ever dabbled in the magic arts? Explain. Which would be most commonly investigated by a curious child? What do you think would happen?
Write a detailed character description for each Endless character that appears in the book. Choose your favorite and explain why you prefer that specific character.
There are many references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and utilize the Endless? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died? How would you feel if you met the undead in a local restaurant or inn?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)