Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unfortunate event happens along the way?
2. How long has it been since the last time the character went to the city?
3. Who goes away with Mairon?
4. Robert becomes deathly afraid of which of the following?
5. What item is used to transport the potion?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the characters, what caused the unusual storm?
2. How long has it been since Cluracan visited Aurelian? What is the condition of the city when he arrives?
3. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
4. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
5. Discuss Petrefex's explanation of proper corpse disposal.
6. Who is Petrefex? Where is Petrefex's home?
7. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
8. Who observed the disposal and led the burial party?
9. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
10. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed character description for each Endless character that appears in the book. Choose your favorite and explain why you prefer that specific character.
Essay Topic 2
In World's End, the group of travelers has gathered to tell stories while the reality storm passes. Give an overview of the group, where each came from, and why s/he ended up at World's End. Also include non-travelers, such as the inn's proprietor. Do you think it was fate that brought the group together? How do you think the experience changed the characters? Were the changes for good or bad? How did the group part ways. Was the experience real? Do you think the characters will meet up again in a future book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is an important theme throughout the book, particularly when unusual and unexplained things happen. Discuss fear as it is used in "World's End." Explain how fear works into various stories and how it relates to various characters. Some examples include the people's fear of Mairon and Mistress Veltis' fear of punishment for breaking the flask.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)