|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is this person an ambassador?
2. Where does Brant go in the beginning of this chapter?
3. Where does Cluracan meet Nuara?
4. Who falls into a long and deep sleep?
5. What part of Cluracan's anatomy is in danger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does Robert stay in the city? What does he learn about its existence?
2. Explain the regime of the city and how the rulers are viewed by Cluracan.
3. What is Mairon's political stance? How is the ruler viewed by his people?
4. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
5. What is the dream had by Cluracan? Who intervenes on Cluracan's behalf?
6. Describe the tale told by Gaheris regarding the main character. What was unusual about the character?
7. Cluracan experiences a prophecy, albeit against his will. What is the prophecy?
8. What time of year is it? What are the weather conditions?
9. The story starts out with two people traveling. Who are the people and where are they going?
10. How long has it been since Cluracan visited Aurelian? What is the condition of the city when he arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters in "The Golden Boy." What are the main differences between Nixon and Prez? Which made the best president? What are strengths and weaknesses of each?
Essay Topic 3
Lucifer appears in more than one story as the fallen angel that reigns over hell. Discuss the use of Lucifer in the stories. Does Gaiman's portrayal of Lucifer match your own concept or the concept taught through religion and myth? What kind of powers does Lucifer have? What is your concept of hell in a religious or mythical context? Explain.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)