|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the couple going to as a final destination?
2. Which of the following best describes Robert after his train experience?
3. Robert becomes deathly afraid of which of the following?
4. The character went wandering through the city looking for what?
5. Who falls into a long and deep sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tucker do when he discovers that Charlene is injured? Where do they go?
2. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
3. What is the general atmosphere regarding the citizens of Aurelian? What is the tone of the city?
4. What is the dream had by Cluracan? Who intervenes on Cluracan's behalf?
5. According to the characters, what caused the unusual storm?
6. Explain the regime of the city and how the rulers are viewed by Cluracan.
7. How long has it been since Cluracan visited Aurelian? What is the condition of the city when he arrives?
8. Who does Brant meet when he leaves the great room to find a restroom?
9. What time of year is it? What are the weather conditions?
10. What do the stranded travelers do while the storm rages outside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gaiman is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Gaiman chose that particular author or reference.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
Essay Topic 3
Write a detailed character description for each Endless character that appears in the book. Choose your favorite and explain why you prefer that specific character.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)