|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two people traveling together?
2. After leaving the inn, Tucker discovers that he is the only one to remember ________.
3. Cluracan is originally sent to upset which of the following?
4. What mode of transportation is the couple using on the trip?
5. Who falls into a long and deep sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
2. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
3. Why did Petrefex refuse Hermas' offer to tell a story?
4. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
5. After the two stories were finished, Hermas told a lengthy and complex tale. What was Hermas' story about?
6. What is Charlene's condition when Brant wakes up? What does the couple do?
7. Brant falls into a deep sleep. What does Brant see when he awakes?
8. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
9. What great realization is made by Brant at the end of the story?
10. Mistress Veltis made a foolish mistake. What was it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morpheus is one of the most enigmatic and famous characters in mythology. Explain the history of Morpheus. When did the character first appear in literature? What culture seemingly created Morpheus? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Gaiman chose Morpheus as a main character? What other mythological entity would you like to see portrayed in a graphic novel series?
Essay Topic 2
Politics are also referred to in the book. In Cluracan's Tale, Gaiman refers to the politics of Aurelian and Cluracan's duty to interfere in a summit. In "The Golden Boy" the author devotes an entire story to a chosen one's rise in politics. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Gaiman incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Endless. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
This section contains 1,718 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)