|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storm hits and causes everything to halt?
2. Who did Robert find?
3. After leaving the inn, Tucker discovers that he is the only one to remember ________.
4. Where is this person from?
5. What word best describes the character in the tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mistress Veltis made a foolish mistake. What was it?
2. After the group had finished lunch, two more characters stepped up to tell stories. Who were they? What were the stories about?
3. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
4. Explain the accident in which Tucker sustained minor injuries and Mooney suffered major injuries.
5. After the two stories were finished, Hermas told a lengthy and complex tale. What was Hermas' story about?
6. What does Tucker do when he discovers that Charlene is injured? Where do they go?
7. Discuss Petrefex's explanation of proper corpse disposal.
8. Who observed the disposal and led the burial party?
9. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
10. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fairies are magical creatures that appear in a wide variety of art forms from literature to paintings and movies. Discuss fairies. What are some famous fairies? Do you have a favorite? How does Cluracan compare to other famous fairies? Where do fairies come from? Where do they live? What kinds of powers do fairies have?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes in the book is good versus evil. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between good and evil obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in the battle? Do you think the right person won? Does good always triumph over evil? Explain.
This section contains 1,725 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)