|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cluracan's reaction to Mairon's actions?
2. What item is used to transport the potion?
3. What is the name of the place the injured one is taken?
4. Who visits Cluracan in secret?
5. In what capacity does the couple know each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brant learn about the inn? What does he learn about the storm?
2. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
3. The story starts out with two people traveling. Who are the people and where are they going?
4. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
5. What does Tucker do when he discovers that Charlene is injured? Where do they go?
6. Who does Brant meet when he leaves the great room to find a restroom?
7. Explain the accident in which Tucker sustained minor injuries and Mooney suffered major injuries.
8. Cluracan experiences a prophecy, albeit against his will. What is the prophecy?
9. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
10. According to the characters, what caused the unusual storm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and utilize the Endless? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died? How would you feel if you met the undead in a local restaurant or inn?
Essay Topic 2
Not all lovers of literature are fans of the graphic novel. Some parents are concerned that a child will become so intrigued with fantasy that he will begin to believe in and dabble in the magic arts. Discuss the magic arts as they apply to fairy tales. What are magic arts? What might a child want to try? Is any one of the arts dangerous? How might it go against a family's structure or moral code? Have you ever dabbled in the magic arts? Explain. Which would be most commonly investigated by a curious child? What do you think would happen?
Essay Topic 3
In World's End, the group of travelers has gathered to tell stories while the reality storm passes. Give an overview of the group, where each came from, and why s/he ended up at World's End. Also include non-travelers, such as the inn's proprietor. Do you think it was fate that brought the group together? How do you think the experience changed the characters? Were the changes for good or bad? How did the group part ways. Was the experience real? Do you think the characters will meet up again in a future book?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)