|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two people traveling together?
2. What is spread throughout the city connected to Mairon?
3. What is the name of the main storyteller?
4. Robert becomes deathly afraid of which of the following?
5. What being takes Charlene away for treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Robert came to be on the mystical train and where he ended up as a final destination.
2. What does Brant learn about the inn? What does he learn about the storm?
3. What is the dream had by Cluracan? Who intervenes on Cluracan's behalf?
4. What is Charlene's condition when Brant wakes up? What does the couple do?
5. What does Tucker do when he discovers that Charlene is injured? Where do they go?
6. The story starts out with two people traveling. Who are the people and where are they going?
7. Who does Brant meet when he leaves the great room to find a restroom?
8. Who visits in Cluracan in secret?
9. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
10. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Politics are also referred to in the book. In Cluracan's Tale, Gaiman refers to the politics of Aurelian and Cluracan's duty to interfere in a summit. In "The Golden Boy" the author devotes an entire story to a chosen one's rise in politics. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Gaiman incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters in "The Golden Boy." What are the main differences between Nixon and Prez? Which made the best president? What are strengths and weaknesses of each?
Essay Topic 3
Write a detailed character description for each Endless character that appears in the book. Choose your favorite and explain why you prefer that specific character.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)