|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of injuries were suffered by Brant?
2. When Brant sees Charlene talking to the strange animals, he thinks that he might be doing what?
3. In what capacity does the couple know each other?
4. What type of story does the person tell?
5. The storyteller tells a tale about a man named _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
2. What is Charlene's condition when Brant wakes up? What does the couple do?
3. Why did Mistress Veltis flee from Litharge? What happened next?
4. What great realization is made by Brant at the end of the story?
5. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
6. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
7. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
8. How did Prez learn about his victory?
9. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
10. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
Essay Topic 1
Gaiman is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Gaiman chose that particular author or reference.
Essay Topic 2
In World's End, the group of travelers has gathered to tell stories while the reality storm passes. Give an overview of the group, where each came from, and why s/he ended up at World's End. Also include non-travelers, such as the inn's proprietor. Do you think it was fate that brought the group together? How do you think the experience changed the characters? Were the changes for good or bad? How did the group part ways. Was the experience real? Do you think the characters will meet up again in a future book?
Essay Topic 3
Morpheus is one of the most enigmatic and famous characters in mythology. Explain the history of Morpheus. When did the character first appear in literature? What culture seemingly created Morpheus? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Gaiman chose Morpheus as a main character? What other mythological entity would you like to see portrayed in a graphic novel series?
This section contains 1,718 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)