|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the injured person taken for treatment?
2. How long did Robert wander through the strange place before finding a person to whom he could talk?
3. What is the name of the place the injured one is taken?
4. What word is used to describe the animal that leaped out in front of the car?
5. What does the group do to pass the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tale told by Gaheris regarding the main character. What was unusual about the character?
2. What is the dream had by Cluracan? Who intervenes on Cluracan's behalf?
3. Who volunteers to tell the next tale? What is unusual about the character?
4. What does Brant learn about the inn? What does he learn about the storm?
5. Brant falls into a deep sleep. What does Brant see when he awakes?
6. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
7. Who does Brant meet when he leaves the great room to find a restroom?
8. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
9. Who visits in Cluracan in secret?
10. What is Mairon's political stance? How is the ruler viewed by his people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morpheus is one of the most enigmatic and famous characters in mythology. Explain the history of Morpheus. When did the character first appear in literature? What culture seemingly created Morpheus? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Gaiman chose Morpheus as a main character? What other mythological entity would you like to see portrayed in a graphic novel series?
Essay Topic 2
Gaiman is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Gaiman chose that particular author or reference.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)