|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brant sees Charlene talking to the strange animals, he thinks that he might be doing what?
2. What type of story does the person tell?
3. After leaving the inn, Tucker discovers that he is the only one to remember ________.
4. Who decides to stay behind as everyone else is leaving the port in the storm?
5. What was the main oppression of the people of Aurelian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits in Cluracan in secret?
2. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
3. What is Charlene's condition when Brant wakes up? What does the couple do?
4. What does Brant learn about the inn? What does he learn about the storm?
5. What is the dream had by Cluracan? Who intervenes on Cluracan's behalf?
6. What is the general atmosphere regarding the citizens of Aurelian? What is the tone of the city?
7. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
8. Cluracan experiences a prophecy, albeit against his will. What is the prophecy?
9. Explain the regime of the city and how the rulers are viewed by Cluracan.
10. The story starts out with two people traveling. Who are the people and where are they going?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morpheus is one of the most enigmatic and famous characters in mythology. Explain the history of Morpheus. When did the character first appear in literature? What culture seemingly created Morpheus? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Gaiman chose Morpheus as a main character? What other mythological entity would you like to see portrayed in a graphic novel series?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 3
There are many references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and utilize the Endless? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died? How would you feel if you met the undead in a local restaurant or inn?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)