|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
2. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
(a) Sea Witch.
(c) Sea Hag.
(d) QE 1.
3. What activity does Prez resume in retirement?
(a) Writing a novel.
(b) Fixing timepieces.
4. What is Prez's last name?
5. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to meet Prez in the after life?
2. Where was the character born?
3. What is a leviathan?
4. Brant becomes lost in a series of:
5. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
2. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
3. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
4. What happens shortly after Jim leaves the Sea Witch?
5. How did Prez learn about his victory?
6. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
7. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
8. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
9. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
10. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)