|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
(a) Sea Hag.
(c) Sea Witch.
(d) QE 1.
2. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
3. "Prez sightings" are often compared to sightings of:
4. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
5. What is the main thing Prez gives to the people while in office?
(a) Tax breaks.
(c) New jobs.
(d) Peace and prosperity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the ship's captain?
2. What is Prez's last name?
3. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
4. Which author wrote the famous work?
5. What is the name of Prez's fiancee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
2. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
3. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
4. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
5. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
6. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
7. What happens shortly after Jim leaves the Sea Witch?
8. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
9. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
10. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)