|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Prez give to Morpheus at the end of the tale?
(a) Undying gratitude.
(b) His father's watch.
(c) Silk scarf.
(d) Campaign button.
2. The man is in search of a character known as:
3. In what year was the character born?
4. What is the name of the character talking to Brant in the beginning of the chapter?
5. Who does Brant meet at this location?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Smiley appear on the scene?
2. What does Smiley offer to Prez?
3. What is the cause of death for Prez.
4. What activity does Prez resume in retirement?
5. What is the second destination for Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
2. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
3. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
4. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
5. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
6. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
7. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
8. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
9. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
10. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)