|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sea Witch is illustrated as what type of ship?
(b) Ship rigged.
(c) Steam powered.
2. "Call me Jim" refers to the opening of what great novel?
(a) Perfect Storm.
(b) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(c) Old Man and the Sea.
(d) Moby Dick.
3. What is the main thing Prez gives to the people while in office?
(a) New jobs.
(b) Tax breaks.
(d) Peace and prosperity.
4. Where was the character born?
(c) Buenos Aires.
5. Who does Brant meet at this location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Smiley's offers Prez staunchly refuses to do what?
2. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
3. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
4. The stowaway is from which country?
5. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
2. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
3. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
4. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
5. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
6. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
7. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
8. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
9. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
10. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)