|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
(a) QE 1.
(c) Spirit of Whitby.
(d) Sea Witch.
2. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
3. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
(b) Sea Hag.
(c) QE 1.
(d) Sea Witch.
4. Jim decides not to discuss which of the following?
(b) Criminal past.
(d) Future plans.
5. Hob's Leviathan is based on which famous work?
(b) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(c) Moby Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Prez's great love?
2. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
3. Where does Brant end up on his journey?
4. The girl's dream was to become which of the following?
5. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
2. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
3. What happens shortly after Jim leaves the Sea Witch?
4. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
5. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
6. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
7. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
8. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
9. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
10. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)