|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girl's dream was to become which of the following?
2. What is Prez's last name?
3. Jim decides not to discuss which of the following?
(a) Criminal past.
(c) Future plans.
4. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
(a) A holy man.
(b) An escaped convict.
(c) A girl.
5. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
Short Answer Questions
1. The stranger tells Brant the history of this new character, beginning with his birth in what year?
2. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
3. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
4. The ship is caught in a storm of:
5. Who does Brant meet at this location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the character telling the tale of Hob's Leviathan? What is the time period?
2. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
3. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
4. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
5. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
6. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
7. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
8. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
9. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
10. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)