|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who presents Prez to Boss Smiley in the afterlife?
2. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
3. How old is Prez when he is elected to the office?
4. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
(b) A holy man.
(c) A girl.
(d) An escaped convict.
5. What was the name of the ship's captain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Prez give to Morpheus at the end of the tale?
2. Which author wrote the famous work?
3. What adjective best describes Prez's presidential life?
4. Where does Brant end up on his journey?
5. The ship is caught in a storm of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
2. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
3. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
4. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
5. What is the name of the character telling the tale of Hob's Leviathan? What is the time period?
6. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
7. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
8. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
9. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
10. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)