|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brant eat in the beginning of this section?
(b) Fish and chips.
(d) Candy bar.
2. Hob's Leviathan is based on which famous work?
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Mutiny on the Bounty.
3. Brant becomes lost in a series of:
(c) Guest rooms.
(d) Secret passages.
4. Where do the survivors of the ship go?
(b) World's End.
(c) Police station.
(d) Salvation Army.
5. The girl's dream was to become which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
2. How old was the girl when she ran away from home?
3. How many years is Prez the president?
4. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
5. Despite Smiley's offers Prez staunchly refuses to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
2. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
3. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
4. What is the name of the character telling the tale of Hob's Leviathan? What is the time period?
5. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
6. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
7. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
8. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
9. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
10. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)