|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girl's dream was to become which of the following?
2. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
(d) Government uprising.
3. What activity does Prez resume in retirement?
(c) Fixing timepieces.
(d) Writing a novel.
4. "Call me Jim" refers to the opening of what great novel?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(c) Perfect Storm.
(d) Old Man and the Sea.
5. The person quizzes Brant about which of the following topics?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
2. Where does Brant end up on his journey?
3. What was the girl's first destination?
4. Who is the first to meet Prez in the after life?
5. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
2. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
3. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
4. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
5. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
6. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
7. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
8. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
9. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
10. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)