|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
(a) A girl.
(b) An escaped convict.
(c) A holy man.
2. How many masts does the ship have?
3. What does Brant eat in the beginning of this section?
(b) Fish and chips.
(d) Candy bar.
4. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
(b) Government uprising.
5. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Call me Jim" refers to the opening of what great novel?
2. Who does Brant meet at this location?
3. The person quizzes Brant about which of the following topics?
4. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
5. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
2. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
3. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
4. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
5. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
6. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
7. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
8. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
9. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
10. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)