|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character talking to Brant in the beginning of the chapter?
2. How old was the girl when she ran away from home?
3. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
4. In what year was the character born?
5. The man refers to an incident that happened in approximately what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
2. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
3. What causes the storm?
4. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
5. What was the girl's first destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
2. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
3. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
4. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
5. What is the name of the character telling the tale of Hob's Leviathan? What is the time period?
6. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
7. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
8. How did Prez learn about his victory?
9. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
10. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)