|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author wrote the famous work?
2. How many masts does the ship have?
3. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
4. What is the cause of death for Prez.
(a) Heart failure.
(d) Car accident.
5. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
2. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
3. Where does Brant end up on his journey?
4. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
5. What was the name of the ship's captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
2. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
3. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
4. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
5. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
6. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
7. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
8. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
9. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
10. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)