|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stowaway's stories suggest that women are:
2. What activity does Prez resume in retirement?
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Fixing timepieces.
3. According to myth, the leviathan is only one of _______ entities.
4. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
(a) A holy man.
(b) An escaped convict.
(d) A girl.
5. Which character tells interesting stories to the crew?
Short Answer Questions
1. The person quizzes Brant about which of the following topics?
2. The stowaway is from which country?
3. What is the name of Prez's fiancee?
4. What happens to Kathy shortly before the wedding can take place?
5. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens shortly after Jim leaves the Sea Witch?
2. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
3. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
4. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
5. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
6. What was Prez's response? What was Prez's goal?
7. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
8. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
9. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
10. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)