|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
2. What is the name of the character talking to Brant in the beginning of the chapter?
3. Hob's Leviathan is based on which famous work?
(a) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(b) Moby Dick.
4. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
5. What job does the girl take onboard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes before anything can happen between Smiley and Prez?
2. What does Gadling learn about Jim?
3. Which character tells interesting stories to the crew?
4. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
5. What happens to Kathy shortly before the wedding can take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
2. What is the name of the character telling the tale of Hob's Leviathan? What is the time period?
3. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
4. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
5. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
6. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
7. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
8. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
9. How did Prez learn about his victory?
10. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)