|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
2. What does Smiley offer to Prez?
(c) Return of Kathy.
(d) Another presidential term.
3. What was the name of the ship's captain?
4. What does Gadling learn about Jim?
(a) Jim is a runaway.
(b) Jim is a girl.
(c) Jim is a king's son.
(d) Jim is a stowaway.
5. How many years is Prez the president?
Short Answer Questions
1. The stowaway's stories suggest that women are:
2. Despite Smiley's offers Prez staunchly refuses to do what?
3. What gift does Prez give to Morpheus at the end of the tale?
4. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
5. In what year was the character born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
2. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
3. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
4. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
5. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
6. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
7. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
8. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
9. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
10. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)