|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the survivors of the ship go?
(a) Police station.
(b) Salvation Army.
(c) World's End.
2. What was Prez's great love?
3. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
4. What adjective best describes Prez's presidential life?
5. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the ship's captain?
2. How old was the girl when she ran away from home?
3. The stowaway's stories suggest that women are:
4. Who is the first to meet Prez in the after life?
5. The ship is caught in a storm of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
2. What is the name of the character telling the tale of Hob's Leviathan? What is the time period?
3. What happened in 1970 that changed Prez' life?
4. How did Prez learn about his victory?
5. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
6. What happens shortly after Jim leaves the Sea Witch?
7. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
8. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
9. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
10. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)