|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of death for Prez.
(a) Car accident.
(d) Heart failure.
2. What was the final destination for the last ship?
3. In what year does Smiley appear on the scene?
4. How old is Prez when he is elected to the office?
5. What adjective best describes Prez's presidential life?
Short Answer Questions
1. The character believes that it is what year?
2. Gadling intends to enter into which field?
3. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
4. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
5. What does Gadling learn about Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
2. What happens shortly after Jim leaves the Sea Witch?
3. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
4. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
5. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
6. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
7. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
8. When and where was Jim born? When did she leave home?
9. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
10. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)