|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a leviathan?
(a) Bad wind.
(d) Sea monster.
2. Which character tells interesting stories to the crew?
3. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
4. What was the girl's first destination?
(d) New York.
5. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
(a) Run for a second term.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Go on vacation.
(d) Meet with other political leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gadling learn about Jim?
2. Jim decides not to discuss which of the following?
3. The character believes that it is what year?
4. What is the second destination for Jim?
5. What does Brant eat in the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
2. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
3. What is the name of the character telling the tale of Hob's Leviathan? What is the time period?
4. What happens shortly after Jim leaves the Sea Witch?
5. Jim thinks that perhaps the stowaway might be which character in disguise?
6. When do things begin to go wrong for Prez? What happens?
7. How did Prez learn about his victory?
8. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
9. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
10. Discuss the character's youth and how his actions affected his future.
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)