|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
2. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
3. How many years is Prez the president?
4. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
5. Where was the new character born?
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
2. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
3. Who does Brant meet at this location?
4. Jim decides not to discuss which of the following?
5. What adjective best describes Prez's presidential life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
2. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
3. How did Prez learn about his victory?
4. What was the other love of Prez's life outside politics?
5. Describe the Sea Witch and its crew.
6. What happens after Prez dies? Who makes demands on Prez?
7. When does the owner of the ship appear in the story? What is the captain's reaction?
8. Who is found aboard the ship? What is the crew's reaction?
9. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
10. The seeker tells a tale about what character? Where was the character born?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)