|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing Prez gives to the people while in office?
(b) Tax breaks.
(c) Peace and prosperity.
(d) New jobs.
2. The character believes that it is what year?
3. The stowaway's stories suggest that women are:
4. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
5. "Call me Jim" refers to the opening of what great novel?
(a) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(b) Moby Dick.
(c) Perfect Storm.
(d) Old Man and the Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl's dream was to become which of the following?
2. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
3. The stowaway is from which country?
4. What job does the girl take onboard?
5. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point does the stowaway make through this story? How do Gadling and Jim react?
2. What questions does the man ask Brant? Why does the man want to know?
3. What happens after Brant leaves his room? Who does he meet?
4. What precipitates the great storm that plagues the ship?
5. What is the story told by the stowaway? What characters are involved?
6. Where did Jim go to fulfill this goal?
7. Where does the story begin? What is the main character doing at the time?
8. What happens shortly after Jim leaves the Sea Witch?
9. What happens shortly after Prez becomes President of the United States?
10. Why does Jim decide to keep silent about the storm of fish?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)