|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element makes it impossible for fairies to escape?
2. What does the group do to pass the time?
(a) Play dominos.
(b) Tell stories.
(c) Make shadow puppets.
(d) Play cards.
3. Cluracan is originally sent to upset which of the following?
4. What does Cluracan use against Mairon?
(c) Castle guards.
5. What is Innocent's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls into a long and deep sleep?
2. What part of Cluracan's anatomy is in danger?
3. What is Cluracan's reaction to Mairon's actions?
4. What was the main oppression of the people of Aurelian?
5. Which is not amongst the group of people talking with Charlene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general atmosphere regarding the citizens of Aurelian? What is the tone of the city?
2. The story starts out with two people traveling. Who are the people and where are they going?
3. Explain how Robert came to be on the mystical train and where he ended up as a final destination.
4. How long has it been since Cluracan visited Aurelian? What is the condition of the city when he arrives?
5. What does Brant learn about the inn? What does he learn about the storm?
6. Explain the accident in which Tucker sustained minor injuries and Mooney suffered major injuries.
7. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
8. What time of year is it? What are the weather conditions?
9. Describe the tale told by Gaheris regarding the main character. What was unusual about the character?
10. Brant falls into a deep sleep. What does Brant see when he awakes?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)