|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mairon's uncle?
2. In what capacity does the couple know each other?
(a) Brother and sister.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) Husband and wife.
3. Which is not amongst the group of people talking with Charlene?
4. What type of worker is Robert?
(b) Blue collar.
(c) White collar.
5. What was the main oppression of the people of Aurelian?
(a) Heavy taxes.
(c) No water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The storyteller tells a tale about a man named _____.
2. Where is the injured person taken for treatment?
3. Who intercedes on Cluracan's behalf?
4. What is the name of the main storyteller?
5. What does Mairon conjure while in hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the characters, what caused the unusual storm?
2. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
3. How long has it been since Cluracan visited Aurelian? What is the condition of the city when he arrives?
4. What does Tucker do when he discovers that Charlene is injured? Where do they go?
5. Explain the regime of the city and how the rulers are viewed by Cluracan.
6. Who volunteers to tell the next tale? What is unusual about the character?
7. What is Mairon's political stance? How is the ruler viewed by his people?
8. Explain the accident in which Tucker sustained minor injuries and Mooney suffered major injuries.
9. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
10. What is the general atmosphere regarding the citizens of Aurelian? What is the tone of the city?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)