|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mairon conjure while in hiding?
(d) Dead ancestor.
2. Where does Mairon go during the uproar?
(c) Military base.
3. Who visits Cluracan in secret?
4. What appears in different ways in different worlds?
5. The character went wandering through the city looking for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the injured person taken for treatment?
2. Where does Brant go in the beginning of this chapter?
3. What was the main oppression of the people of Aurelian?
4. Who offers to tell the first story?
5. Where is the couple going to as a final destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Brant falls into a deep sleep. What does Brant see when he awakes?
2. Describe the tale told by Gaheris regarding the main character. What was unusual about the character?
3. What is the dream had by Cluracan? Who intervenes on Cluracan's behalf?
4. Who volunteers to tell the next tale? What is unusual about the character?
5. What is Mairon's political stance? How is the ruler viewed by his people?
6. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
7. Who does Brant meet when he leaves the great room to find a restroom?
8. Cluracan experiences a prophecy, albeit against his will. What is the prophecy?
9. Who visits in Cluracan in secret?
10. What time of year is it? What are the weather conditions?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)