|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the character in the tale?
2. What was the main oppression of the people of Aurelian?
(a) No water.
(d) Heavy taxes.
3. The storyteller tells a tale about a man named _____.
4. What kind of storm hits and causes everything to halt?
5. How does the author describe the laws in Aurelian?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brant sees Charlene talking to the strange animals, he thinks that he might be doing what?
2. What mode of transportation is the couple using on the trip?
3. The character went wandering through the city looking for what?
4. What is Cluracan's reaction to Mairon's actions?
5. Robert and the beautiful woman decided that they were caught in the dreaming city's _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tucker do when he discovers that Charlene is injured? Where do they go?
2. What time of year is it? What are the weather conditions?
3. Who visits in Cluracan in secret?
4. According to the characters, what caused the unusual storm?
5. Describe the tale told by Gaheris regarding the main character. What was unusual about the character?
6. What is Mairon's political stance? How is the ruler viewed by his people?
7. Where is Cluracan from and why is he sent away?
8. Explain the regime of the city and how the rulers are viewed by Cluracan.
9. What does Cluracan learn about the current regime? How did it come to be? Who is in charge?
10. How does Mairon react to Cluracan's prophecy?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)