|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls into a long and deep sleep?
2. How did the character typically travel back and forth to work?
3. How long has it been since the last time the character went to the city?
(a) 600 years,
(b) 1000 years.
(c) 1200 years.
(d) 750 years.
4. Who decides to stay behind as everyone else is leaving the port in the storm?
5. What was the main oppression of the people of Aurelian?
(b) No water.
(d) Heavy taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group do to pass the time?
2. Where was this place located?
3. Where is this person from?
4. What two leaders have been joined to create one person?
5. Cluracan is suddenly struck by which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general atmosphere regarding the citizens of Aurelian? What is the tone of the city?
2. What is the dream had by Cluracan? Who intervenes on Cluracan's behalf?
3. Who volunteers to tell the next tale? What is unusual about the character?
4. How long does Robert stay in the city? What does he learn about its existence?
5. What do the stranded travelers do while the storm rages outside?
6. Cluracan experiences a prophecy, albeit against his will. What is the prophecy?
7. What does Brant learn about the inn? What does he learn about the storm?
8. Who visits in Cluracan in secret?
9. Explain how Robert came to be on the mystical train and where he ended up as a final destination.
10. What is Mairon's political stance? How is the ruler viewed by his people?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)