|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stranger tells Brant the history of this new character, beginning with his birth in what year?
2. How old is the character?
3. The character believes that it is what year?
4. What job does the girl take onboard?
5. The person quizzes Brant about which of the following topics?
6. Where was the character born?
(d) Buenos Aires.
7. How many years is Prez the president?
8. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
9. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
10. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
(b) Government uprising.
11. The girl's dream was to become which of the following?
12. What does Gadling learn about Jim?
(a) Jim is a stowaway.
(b) Jim is a runaway.
(c) Jim is a girl.
(d) Jim is a king's son.
13. What causes the storm?
(d) Bad luck.
14. What was the name of the ship's captain?
15. The ship is caught in a storm of:
Short Answer Questions
1. The stowaway's stories suggest that women are:
2. What was the name of the man that owned the last ship?
3. Despite Smiley's offers Prez staunchly refuses to do what?
4. What is the name of the character talking to Brant in the beginning of the chapter?
5. In what year does Smiley appear on the scene?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)