|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author wrote the famous work?
2. In what year does Smiley appear on the scene?
3. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
(a) A girl.
(b) An escaped convict.
(c) A holy man.
4. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
(a) QE 1.
(b) Sea Witch.
(c) Sea Hag.
5. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
6. Who presents Prez to Boss Smiley in the afterlife?
7. "Call me Jim" refers to the opening of what great novel?
(a) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(b) Perfect Storm.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Old Man and the Sea.
8. How old is the character?
9. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
10. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
11. Who intervenes before anything can happen between Smiley and Prez?
(b) The fates.
12. What was Prez's great love?
13. The ship is caught in a storm of:
14. What was the name of the man that owned the last ship?
15. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective best describes Prez's presidential life?
2. Where was the new character born?
3. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
4. What job does the girl take onboard?
5. According to myth, the leviathan is only one of _______ entities.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)