|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
2. What job does the girl take onboard?
3. What is the cause of death for Prez.
(a) Car accident.
(b) Heart failure.
4. What causes the storm?
(a) Bad luck.
5. The character believes that it is what year?
6. The ship is caught in a storm of:
7. Despite Smiley's offers Prez staunchly refuses to do what?
(a) Resign from office.
(b) Make Smiley the vice president.
(c) Compromise his ideals.
(d) Move to a small island.
8. What is the name of the character talking to Brant in the beginning of the chapter?
9. How old is the character?
10. Which character tells interesting stories to the crew?
11. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
12. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
13. Who intervenes before anything can happen between Smiley and Prez?
(d) The fates.
14. Which author wrote the famous work?
15. What was the girl's first destination?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
2. Where do the survivors of the ship go?
3. The man is in search of a character known as:
4. In what year does Smiley appear on the scene?
5. "Prez sightings" are often compared to sightings of:
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)