|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite Smiley's offers Prez staunchly refuses to do what?
(a) Resign from office.
(b) Compromise his ideals.
(c) Make Smiley the vice president.
(d) Move to a small island.
2. What is the name of the mysterious character introduced to Brant?
3. How many years is Prez the president?
4. Where was the character born?
(d) Buenos Aires.
5. How old was the girl when she ran away from home?
6. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
7. The man refers to an incident that happened in approximately what year?
8. What is the cause of death for Prez.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Heart failure.
9. Jim decides not to discuss which of the following?
(c) Criminal past.
(d) Future plans.
10. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
11. The stowaway is from which country?
(b) South Africa.
12. What was the girl's first destination?
(c) New York.
13. Who does Brant meet at this location?
14. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
15. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smiley demand from Prez?
2. The stowaway's stories suggest that women are:
3. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
4. Who is the first to meet Prez in the after life?
5. In what year was the character born?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)