|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Prez's fiancee?
2. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
(a) Meet with other political leaders.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Run for a second term.
(d) Go on vacation.
3. What activity does Prez resume in retirement?
(b) Fixing timepieces.
(c) Writing a novel.
4. Where was the new character born?
(b) Los Angeles.
5. Who presents Prez to Boss Smiley in the afterlife?
6. What was the final destination for the last ship?
7. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
8. Jim decides not to discuss which of the following?
(a) Future plans.
(d) Criminal past.
9. The person quizzes Brant about which of the following topics?
10. What is a leviathan?
(b) Sea monster.
(d) Bad wind.
11. What does Smiley offer to Prez?
(a) Another presidential term.
(d) Return of Kathy.
12. Gadling intends to enter into which field?
13. "Prez sightings" are often compared to sightings of:
14. What does Gadling learn about Jim?
(a) Jim is a king's son.
(b) Jim is a runaway.
(c) Jim is a girl.
(d) Jim is a stowaway.
15. Who does Brant meet at this location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
2. Where do the survivors of the ship go?
3. The man refers to an incident that happened in approximately what year?
4. What is the second destination for Jim?
5. How old was the girl when she ran away from home?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)