|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brant end up on his journey?
2. Who does Brant meet at this location?
3. Brant becomes lost in a series of:
(a) Guest rooms.
(d) Secret passages.
4. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
5. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
6. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
(a) An escaped convict.
(b) A holy man.
(c) A girl.
7. Hob's Leviathan is based on which famous work?
(a) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(b) Moby Dick.
8. The person quizzes Brant about which of the following topics?
9. What is a leviathan?
(a) Sea monster.
(c) Bad wind.
10. How old is Prez when he is elected to the office?
11. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
(a) QE 1.
(c) Spirit of Whitby.
(d) Sea Witch.
12. What happens to Kathy shortly before the wedding can take place?
(b) Involved in a car accident.
(d) She runs away.
13. Which author wrote the famous work?
14. In what year does Smiley appear on the scene?
15. What was the name of the ship's captain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mysterious character introduced to Brant?
2. What job does the girl take onboard?
3. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
4. In what year was the character born?
5. The stranger tells Brant the history of this new character, beginning with his birth in what year?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)