|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the storm?
(d) Bad luck.
2. What is the name of Prez's fiancee?
3. What does Smiley offer to Prez?
(a) Another presidential term.
(d) Return of Kathy.
4. What is a leviathan?
(b) Sea monster.
(c) Bad wind.
5. What happens to Kathy shortly before the wedding can take place?
(a) She runs away.
(d) Involved in a car accident.
6. What does Smiley demand from Prez?
(b) Worldly goods.
(c) His soul.
7. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
(a) Meet with other political leaders.
(b) Run for a second term.
(c) Go on vacation.
(d) Go to sleep.
8. What adjective best describes Prez's presidential life?
9. How many years is Prez the president?
10. The leviathan is a gatekeeper to which location?
11. What is the name of the ship that crashes onto the rocks?
(a) QE 1.
(c) Sea Hag.
(d) Sea Witch.
12. In what year does Smiley appear on the scene?
13. Hob's Leviathan is based on which famous work?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) Mutiny on the Bounty.
14. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
15. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the girl take onboard?
2. How old is Prez when he is elected to the office?
3. Which author wrote the famous work?
4. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
5. The ship is caught in a storm of:
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)