|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervenes before anything can happen between Smiley and Prez?
(d) The fates.
2. What was the name of the ship's captain?
3. The character believes that it is what year?
4. What does Gadling learn about Jim?
(a) Jim is a girl.
(b) Jim is a stowaway.
(c) Jim is a king's son.
(d) Jim is a runaway.
5. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
6. How old was the girl when she ran away from home?
7. What kinds of things begin to occur after Prez is elected?
(a) Government uprising.
8. Who is the first to meet Prez in the after life?
(d) Young woman.
9. Which character tells interesting stories to the crew?
10. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
11. In what year does Smiley appear on the scene?
12. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
(b) QE 1.
(c) Spirit of Whitby.
(d) Sea Witch.
13. How old is Prez when he is elected to the office?
14. What does Brant eat in the beginning of this section?
(c) Candy bar.
(d) Fish and chips.
15. What happens to Kathy shortly before the wedding can take place?
(a) She runs away.
(c) Involved in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
2. In what year was Prez elected to the presidency?
3. What word best describes Prez after his retirement?
4. What is the name of Prez's fiancee?
5. Gadling intends to enter into which field?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)