|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stowaway is from which country?
(c) South Africa.
2. What adjective best describes Prez's presidential life?
3. Jim decides not to discuss which of the following?
(b) Criminal past.
(c) Future plans.
4. Which author wrote the famous work?
5. Gadling intends to enter into which field?
6. What activity does Prez resume in retirement?
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Fixing timepieces.
7. Although Jim has placed the year in the early 1900s, Brant believes that it is:
8. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
(a) Sea Witch.
(c) Spirit of Whitby.
(d) QE 1.
9. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
10. What does Smiley demand from Prez?
(b) His soul.
(d) Worldly goods.
11. The stowaway's stories suggest that women are:
12. How old is the character?
13. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
(a) Go on vacation.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Meet with other political leaders.
(d) Run for a second term.
14. In what year was Kennedy inaugurated?
15. Which president is mentioned as a major character in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Call me Jim" refers to the opening of what great novel?
2. What does Smiley offer to Prez?
3. What is the name of the character talking to Brant in the beginning of the chapter?
4. The girl's dream was to become which of the following?
5. What is the cause of death for Prez.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)