|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite Smiley's offers Prez staunchly refuses to do what?
(a) Make Smiley the vice president.
(b) Compromise his ideals.
(c) Move to a small island.
(d) Resign from office.
2. What does Smiley demand from Prez?
(a) His soul.
(c) Worldly goods.
3. Gadling intends to enter into which field?
4. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
(a) A girl.
(c) A holy man.
(d) An escaped convict.
5. Which character is noticeably absent from this tale?
6. What causes the storm?
(b) Bad luck.
7. Who intervenes before anything can happen between Smiley and Prez?
(b) The fates.
8. What is a leviathan?
(a) Bad wind.
(b) Sea monster.
9. How many years is Prez the president?
10. The stowaway's stories suggest that women are:
11. What is the name of the character talking to Brant in the beginning of the chapter?
12. What is the main thing Prez gives to the people while in office?
(a) Peace and prosperity.
(b) Tax breaks.
(c) New jobs.
13. Where was the character born?
(a) Buenos Aires.
14. Brant becomes lost in a series of:
(a) Secret passages.
(b) Guest rooms.
15. What happens to Kathy shortly before the wedding can take place?
(a) Involved in a car accident.
(b) She runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the ship's captain?
2. Smiley warns Prez not to do what?
3. What was Prez's great love?
4. Which character intends to start a new life with a new identity?
5. The person quizzes Brant about which of the following topics?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)