|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the character born?
(b) Buenos Aires.
2. What does Smiley offer to Prez?
(a) Another presidential term.
(b) Return of Kathy.
3. What does Smiley demand from Prez?
(a) His soul.
(b) Worldly goods.
4. Jim believes that the stowaway might be:
(a) A holy man.
(b) A girl.
(d) An escaped convict.
5. How old is Prez when he is elected to the office?
6. The man refers to an incident that happened in approximately what year?
7. Which character tells interesting stories to the crew?
8. According to myth, the leviathan is only one of _______ entities.
9. What is the name of Prez's fiancee?
10. The stranger tells Brant the history of this new character, beginning with his birth in what year?
11. Where do the survivors of the ship go?
(a) Salvation Army.
(b) World's End.
(d) Police station.
12. Which was not one of the ships used by the girl?
(b) Spirit of Whitby.
(c) Sea Witch.
(d) QE 1.
13. What does Brant eat in the beginning of this section?
(b) Fish and chips.
(d) Candy bar.
14. What was the final destination for the last ship?
15. Despite Smiley's offers Prez staunchly refuses to do what?
(a) Resign from office.
(b) Move to a small island.
(c) Make Smiley the vice president.
(d) Compromise his ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character talking to Brant in the beginning of the chapter?
2. What gift does Prez give to Morpheus at the end of the tale?
3. Who does Brant meet at this location?
4. The man is in search of a character known as:
5. What does Gadling learn about Jim?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)