Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ravens are a sign of what?
2. Who does Rose find out has died when she returns to Los Angeles?
3. How did Chantral contract AIDS?
4. Where does the Corinthian tell Daniel he is taking him?
5. What do the Furies give Lyta when she enters their shack?
Essay Topic 1
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or her ideas about life?
3. How has his or her character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
Essay Topic 3
What does a raven symbolize? How much of the symbolism is taken from mythology? How did these myths develop?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)