|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chantral contract AIDS?
2. To what animal does Morpheus give a dream?
3. What country could a young girl unite if Morpheus sends her a premonition?
4. What does Nuala ask Morpheus to do for her?
5. Who does the Corinthian hear hiding in the shadows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cluracan try to calm the Queen's anger at Nuala?
2. How does Morpheus travel from Los Angeles back to the Dreaming?
3. How do the Furies react to Lyta's need to avenge her son's death?
4. What does Lyta see in the mirror?
5. What does the Corinthian see through Carla's eyes?
6. What information does Rose share with Hal at Zelda's funeral?
7. What does Puck say about Daniel?
8. Describe Rose's meeting with Vixen?
9. What does Morpheus do on Thirstday?
10. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do the characters want to destroy Morpheus? How does Morpheus try to prevent the characters from destroying him? Why does Morpheus give in to the characters' demands by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is the Dream world different from Earth? How does Gaiman make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)