|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Morpheus give the stone in this section?
2. Where does does Lyta find the Furies in her dream?
3. What kind of stone is the emerald?
4. Who does Morpheus take with him to confront the Furies?
5. By what noise is the night nurse awakened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuala call Morpheus?
2. What information does Rose share with Hal at Zelda's funeral?
3. How does Daniel transform into Dream?
4. What does the Corinthian see through Carla's eyes?
5. What does Morpheus do on Moonday?
6. What happens when Morpheus arrives to kill Lyta?
7. What does Rose find in Paul's cellar?
8. What is the emerald stone?
9. How does Morpheus travel from Los Angeles back to the Dreaming?
10. What does Lyta see in the mirror?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the story of the ladies' man, his wife and his three children relate to the book's themes? In what way does the story signify the origins of the Furies?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)