|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corinthian take from Loki when he dies?
2. What happens to the customer who peeks under the waitress's mask at Lux?
3. With whom does Larissa have a grudge?
4. What kind of flowers are growing in Alex's conservatory?
5. The ravens are a sign of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Loki try to get Thor to kill him?
2. How does Morpheus travel from Los Angeles back to the Dreaming?
3. What does Puck say about Daniel?
4. What does Rose find in Paul's cellar?
5. How does Cluracan try to calm the Queen's anger at Nuala?
6. What information does Rose share with Hal at Zelda's funeral?
7. What does Loki claim happened to him when Odin comes down?
8. How does Loki try to trick both the Corinthian and Matthew?
9. What happened the last time Morpheus and Death met?
10. How does Jack disappoint Rose in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Dream world different from Earth? How does Gaiman make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)