|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Corinthian tell Daniel he is taking him?
2. On what day do the Furies arrive at Morpheus's castle?
3. What is the name of Morpheus's sister?
4. By what does Cluracan say Faerie is ruled?
5. What does Curacan throw onto his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Odin hold Loki captive?
2. What does the author suggest Loki's life will be like beneath the earth?
3. How does Loki try to get Thor to kill him?
4. What is the emerald stone?
5. What happens when Morpheus arrives to kill Lyta?
6. How does Mervyn die?
7. How does Cluracan try to calm the Queen's anger at Nuala?
8. How do the Furies react to Lyta's need to avenge her son's death?
9. What does the Corinthian see through Carla's eyes?
10. How does Daniel transform into Dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Greek mythology used in the book.
1. What are the elements of Greek mythology?
2. How does Gaiman adapt these elements for a young modern audience?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gaiman use the prologue to introduce the world of Dreaming and its characters? Why is it necessary to have a prologue for this book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of revenge.
1. In what way is revenge one of the central themes of the story?
2. What meaning does it give the novel that it is the women who are looking for revenge?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)