|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Larissa have a grudge?
2. What does Lucifer say he is bored of doing?
3. What does Nuala ask Cluracan to give back to her?
4. The ravens are a sign of what?
5. To what animal does Morpheus give a dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Rose share with Hal at Zelda's funeral?
2. What does Rose find in Paul's cellar?
3. What do Death and Morpheus talk about on the peak?
4. How does Cluracan try to calm the Queen's anger at Nuala?
5. What does the author suggest Loki's life will be like beneath the earth?
6. Why does Nuala call Morpheus?
7. How does Jack disappoint Rose in this section?
8. What happens when Morpheus arrives to kill Lyta?
9. What does Morpheus do on Thirstday?
10. What is the emerald stone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gaiman represent Death? What does this representation say about the way Gaiman views the world? In what way is Gaiman's representation of Death different from normal representations? Is Gaiman's representation of Death entirely unique?
Essay Topic 2
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or her ideas about life?
3. How has his or her character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does the story of the ladies' man, his wife and his three children relate to the book's themes? In what way does the story signify the origins of the Furies?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)