|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the specter take after it has been choked?
2. What is the man's lighter shaped like?
3. Which character splits into two?
4. What was the name of Morpheous's son?
5. What does the Corinthian take from Loki when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuala call Morpheus?
2. What does Nuala tell Cluracan she wants from him?
3. What does the author suggest Loki's life will be like beneath the earth?
4. How does Loki try to get Thor to kill him?
5. What happened the last time Morpheus and Death met?
6. How does Daniel transform into Dream?
7. What does Morpheus do on Thirstday?
8. What does Loki claim happened to him when Odin comes down?
9. What does Morpheus do on Moonday?
10. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Morpheus feel about the death of his son? How does the death of Morpheus's son affect the decisions he makes in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of revenge.
1. In what way is revenge one of the central themes of the story?
2. What meaning does it give the novel that it is the women who are looking for revenge?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gaiman represent Death? What does this representation say about the way Gaiman views the world? In what way is Gaiman's representation of Death different from normal representations? Is Gaiman's representation of Death entirely unique?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)