|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what noise is the night nurse awakened?
2. Where does the Corinthian tell Daniel he is taking him?
3. Where does Death meet Morpheus?
4. For whom are the five children looking?
5. Where does Rose travel at the end of this section?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of revenge.
1. In what way is revenge one of the central themes of the story?
2. What meaning does it give the novel that it is the women who are looking for revenge?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does Morpheus feel about the death of his son? How does the death of Morpheus's son affect the decisions he makes in the story?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)