|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ravens are a sign of what?
2. Who does Rose find out has died when she returns to Los Angeles?
3. How did Chantral contract AIDS?
4. Where does the Corinthian tell Daniel he is taking him?
5. What do the Furies give Lyta when she enters their shack?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Greek mythology used in the book.
1. What are the elements of Greek mythology?
2. How does Gaiman adapt these elements for a young modern audience?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gaiman represent Death? What does this representation say about the way Gaiman views the world? In what way is Gaiman's representation of Death different from normal representations? Is Gaiman's representation of Death entirely unique?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)