|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character thinks she is pregnant?
2. On what day do the Furies arrive at Morpheus's castle?
3. Who does the Corinthian choke in this section?
4. What does the Corinthian take from Loki when he dies?
5. What country could a young girl unite if Morpheus sends her a premonition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Death arrived in Dreaming?
2. How do the Furies react to Lyta's need to avenge her son's death?
3. What does Nuala tell Cluracan she wants from him?
4. What is the emerald stone?
5. How did Odin hold Loki captive?
6. What does Puck say about Daniel?
7. What does Rose find in Paul's cellar?
8. What do Death and Morpheus talk about on the peak?
9. How does Daniel transform into Dream?
10. Why does Nuala call Morpheus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a novel and a graphic novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Morpheus choose to come back as Daniel? Was Daniel always in line to become Dream? What suggestions are there in the book that this is the case?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)