|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stone is the emerald?
2. What does Curacan throw onto his sister?
3. What does Larissa tell Lyta to do?
4. In which city does Delirium find her dog?
5. What does Boggart go to Nuala to conclude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Loki claim happened to him when Odin comes down?
2. How does Loki try to get Thor to kill him?
3. What does the Corinthian see through Carla's eyes?
4. What does Lyta see in the mirror?
5. What does Rose find in Paul's cellar?
6. How does Larissa protect Lyta?
7. How does Daniel transform into Dream?
8. How does Jack disappoint Rose in this section?
9. What does Morpheus do on Thirstday?
10. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Dream world different from Earth? How does Gaiman make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the characters want to destroy Morpheus? How does Morpheus try to prevent the characters from destroying him? Why does Morpheus give in to the characters' demands by the end of the story?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)