|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does Morpheus's carriage turn?
2. What kind of stone is the emerald?
3. Who does the man in the cellar claim to be?
4. Who originally received the Dreamstone as a gift?
5. What does Morpheus ask Lucien to bring him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Loki claim happened to him when Odin comes down?
2. How does Jack disappoint Rose in this section?
3. What does Morpheus do on Thirstday?
4. What do Death and Morpheus talk about on the peak?
5. How does Loki try to trick both the Corinthian and Matthew?
6. What does Lyta see in the mirror?
7. What happens when Morpheus arrives to kill Lyta?
8. How does Mervyn die?
9. How does Daniel transform into Dream?
10. Describe Rose's meeting with Vixen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gaiman use the prologue to introduce the world of Dreaming and its characters? Why is it necessary to have a prologue for this book?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gaiman use the character of Lucifer in the story? How is it different to Lucifer's usual role in fiction? How does Gaiman stay true to Lucifer's character in spite of the fact he is using him in an unconventional way?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)