|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal talks to the homeless man?
2. What is the name of Alex's home?
3. What kind of bird does Morpheus feed on earth?
4. About whom does Odin warn Morpheus?
5. What kind of flowers are growing in Alex's conservatory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mervyn die?
2. How does Morpheus travel from Los Angeles back to the Dreaming?
3. What happens when Morpheus arrives to kill Lyta?
4. How do the Furies react to Lyta's need to avenge her son's death?
5. What does Morpheus do on Thirstday?
6. What do Death and Morpheus talk about on the peak?
7. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
8. What does the Corinthian see through Carla's eyes?
9. How does Jack disappoint Rose in this section?
10. How does Loki try to get Thor to kill him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What relationship do the human characters have with Dreaming? What relationship do the Dreaming characters have with Earth? How does Gaiman make the relationship between Dreaming and Earth believable?
Essay Topic 2
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or her ideas about life?
3. How has his or her character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Morpheus choose to come back as Daniel? Was Daniel always in line to become Dream? What suggestions are there in the book that this is the case?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)