|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Mervyn arm himself to attack the Furies?
2. What was the name of Morpheous's son?
3. What play toy do Lucien and the others give Daniel as they wait for Morpheus?
4. What kind of stone is the emerald?
5. What happens to the customer who peeks under the waitress's mask at Lux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Rose share with Hal at Zelda's funeral?
2. What do Death and Morpheus talk about on the peak?
3. Why does Nuala call Morpheus?
4. How does Larissa protect Lyta?
5. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
6. What is the emerald stone?
7. How does Loki try to get Thor to kill him?
8. Describe Rose's meeting with Vixen?
9. How do the Furies react to Lyta's need to avenge her son's death?
10. What does the author suggest Loki's life will be like beneath the earth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Greek mythology used in the book.
1. What are the elements of Greek mythology?
2. How does Gaiman adapt these elements for a young modern audience?
Essay Topic 3
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)