|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Death throw at Morpheus the last time she saw him?
2. Where does the secret passageway that Rose finds lead?
3. To whom does Morpheus give the stone in this section?
4. What is the man's lighter shaped like?
5. Who does the Corinthian encounter outside Morpheus's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rose's meeting with Vixen?
2. How does Loki try to trick both the Corinthian and Matthew?
3. What does Morpheus do on Thirstday?
4. How does Larissa protect Lyta?
5. What does Puck say about Daniel?
6. How does Mervyn die?
7. What does Lyta see in the mirror?
8. What information does Rose share with Hal at Zelda's funeral?
9. How does Daniel transform into Dream?
10. How does Morpheus travel from Los Angeles back to the Dreaming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does a raven symbolize? How much of the symbolism is taken from mythology? How did these myths develop?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How do Morpheus and Nuala hurt each other? In what way is Nuala's love for Morpheus an important element of the story?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)