|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ravens are a sign of what?
2. Who does Rose find out has died when she returns to Los Angeles?
3. How did Chantral contract AIDS?
4. Where does the Corinthian tell Daniel he is taking him?
5. What do the Furies give Lyta when she enters their shack?
Essay Topic 1
How does the story of the ladies' man, his wife and his three children relate to the book's themes? In what way does the story signify the origins of the Furies?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)