|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what do the guardians turn Gryhon?
2. Who originally received the Dreamstone as a gift?
3. What form does the specter take after it has been choked?
4. What play toy do Lucien and the others give Daniel as they wait for Morpheus?
5. What did Death throw at Morpheus the last time she saw him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morpheus do on Moonday?
2. Why has Death arrived in Dreaming?
3. What happens when Morpheus arrives to kill Lyta?
4. What does Lyta see in the mirror?
5. What does Nuala tell Cluracan she wants from him?
6. What does Puck say about Daniel?
7. What does the Corinthian see through Carla's eyes?
8. What happened the last time Morpheus and Death met?
9. How did Odin hold Loki captive?
10. Why does Nuala call Morpheus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gaiman represent Death? What does this representation say about the way Gaiman views the world? In what way is Gaiman's representation of Death different from normal representations? Is Gaiman's representation of Death entirely unique?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or her ideas about life?
3. How has his or her character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)