|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Furies give Lyta when she enters their shack?
2. What is the name of the controversial comic drag queen?
3. What Shakespeare play does Morpheus watch on Earth?
4. Who does Rose find out has died when she returns to Los Angeles?
5. Into what does the emerald transform?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Morpheus arrives to kill Lyta?
2. How does Loki try to get Thor to kill him?
3. What does the Corinthian see through Carla's eyes?
4. Why does Nuala call Morpheus?
5. What does Nuala tell Cluracan she wants from him?
6. What does the author suggest Loki's life will be like beneath the earth?
7. How do the Furies react to Lyta's need to avenge her son's death?
8. What does Puck say about Daniel?
9. How does Cluracan try to calm the Queen's anger at Nuala?
10. What do Death and Morpheus talk about on the peak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Morpheus choose to come back as Daniel? Was Daniel always in line to become Dream? What suggestions are there in the book that this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
What does a raven symbolize? How much of the symbolism is taken from mythology? How did these myths develop?
Essay Topic 3
How do Morpheus and Nuala hurt each other? In what way is Nuala's love for Morpheus an important element of the story?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)