|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the creatures tell Lyta she should call the Furies?
2. What does Alex give Rose before she leaves the nursing home?
3. What kind of creature is Nuala?
4. Into whom does Carla run as she leaves Lyta's apartment?
5. What does the woman make the ladies' man promise before she will sleep with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyta learn has happened to Daniel?
2. Describe Lyta's dream.
3. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
4. How do Remius and Lucifer show their dislike for each other in this section?
5. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
6. Describe the man's dream at the beginning of the novel?
7. Describe the character of Matthew.
8. Describe the man's second dream in the prologue.
9. Why was Rose's grandmother called Sleeping Beauty?
10. Who is Nuala?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What relationship do the human characters have with Dreaming? What relationship do the Dreaming characters have with Earth? How does Gaiman make the relationship between Dreaming and Earth believable?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gaiman use the character of Lucifer in the story? How is it different to Lucifer's usual role in fiction? How does Gaiman stay true to Lucifer's character in spite of the fact he is using him in an unconventional way?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)