|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyta tell the girl in Dreaming she wants to find?
2. How is Cluracan related to Nuala?
3. Who does Morpheus send to find Daniel?
4. What is Cluracan's nemesis?
5. What does Matthew call Lord Morpheus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Cluracan come to see Nuala?
2. How does Lyta react to the homeless man giving Daniel a flower?
3. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
4. Who is Paul McGuire?
5. Describe the man's second dream in the prologue.
6. What complaints does Mervyn have about his job?
7. Describe the character of Matthew.
8. Describe Lyta's dream.
9. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
10. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Dream world different from Earth? How does Gaiman make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)