|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The angels trying to make hell a place of what?
2. How can Nuala use the necklace Morpheus gives her?
3. What does the woman make the ladies' man promise before she will sleep with him?
4. What is the name of Hob Gadling's dead wife?
5. What is the name of Lyta's babysitter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
2. How do Remius and Lucifer show their dislike for each other in this section?
3. Who is Paul McGuire?
4. What complaints does Mervyn have about his job?
5. Who are the Three Fates?
6. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
7. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
8. Describe the story Loki tells about Thor.
9. Who is Nuala?
10. Into what does Delirium transform herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Greek mythology used in the book.
1. What are the elements of Greek mythology?
2. How does Gaiman adapt these elements for a young modern audience?
Essay Topic 3
How does Morpheus feel about the death of his son? How does the death of Morpheus's son affect the decisions he makes in the story?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)