|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Abel's pet gargolye?
2. Where do the detectives tell Lyta they found a body?
3. Which of the three fates winds the yarn?
4. Who tells Rose a story about Sleeping Beauty?
5. What will happen to the man's children if he breaks his promise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the man's second dream in the prologue.
2. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
3. Who is Paul McGuire?
4. How has Hell changed since Lucifer left?
5. What is Lyta's history?
6. Describe Rose's dream.
7. Into what does Delirium transform herself?
8. Why has Cluracan come to see Nuala?
9. How does Lyta react to the homeless man giving Daniel a flower?
10. About what does Morpheus talk to Hob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Morpheus choose to come back as Daniel? Was Daniel always in line to become Dream? What suggestions are there in the book that this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gaiman use the prologue to introduce the world of Dreaming and its characters? Why is it necessary to have a prologue for this book?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)