|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Lord Morpheus having a conflict?
2. Why can't Cyclops go with Lyta?
3. What does Lyta do to Eric when he touches her?
4. What wakes Carla up in the middle of the night?
5. Of what is Lord Morpheus the master?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Hell changed since Lucifer left?
2. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
3. How does Cain die in this section?
4. Who is Nuala?
5. What is Lyta's history?
6. Why has Cluracan come to see Nuala?
7. Who are the Three Fates?
8. Describe the character of Matthew.
9. How did the kidnappers get into the house?
10. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Greek mythology used in the book.
1. What are the elements of Greek mythology?
2. How does Gaiman adapt these elements for a young modern audience?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gaiman use the character of Lucifer in the story? How is it different to Lucifer's usual role in fiction? How does Gaiman stay true to Lucifer's character in spite of the fact he is using him in an unconventional way?
Essay Topic 3
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or her ideas about life?
3. How has his or her character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)