|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does the owner of the Lux bar play?
2. What does Matthew call Lord Morpheus?
3. What is the Corinthian?
4. On what does the man dream a faceless women is gnawing?
5. What does the girl give Lyta for luck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Rose share with Hal at Zelda's funeral?
2. How does Loki try to trick both the Corinthian and Matthew?
3. What do Titania and Nuala talk about in this section?
4. About what does Morpheus talk to Hob?
5. Why was Rose's grandmother called Sleeping Beauty?
6. Describe Lyta's dream.
7. Who are the Three Fates?
8. What does Puck say about Daniel?
9. How does Cluracan try to calm the Queen's anger at Nuala?
10. What does Nuala tell Cluracan she wants from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gaiman represent Death? What does this representation say about the way Gaiman views the world? In what way is Gaiman's representation of Death different from normal representations? Is Gaiman's representation of Death entirely unique?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Morpheus choose to come back as Daniel? Was Daniel always in line to become Dream? What suggestions are there in the book that this is the case?
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)