Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit does Mervyn have for a head?
2. Where do the detectives tell Lyta they found a body?
3. What does the man promise will eat him if he breaks his promise?
4. What wakes Carla up in the middle of the night?
5. What is the name of Abel's pet gargolye?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Three Fates?
2. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
3. Who is Nuala?
4. What is Lyta's history?
5. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
6. How did Odin hold Loki captive?
7. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
8. Describe Rose's dream.
9. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
10. What does Puck say about Daniel?
Essay Topic 1
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does the story of the ladies' man, his wife and his three children relate to the book's themes? In what way does the story signify the origins of the Furies?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)