|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sleeping Beauty's offspring suck from Sleeping Beauty's finger?
2. What instrument does the owner of the Lux bar play?
3. What is the name of the Norse God in this section?
4. Who closes off his kingdom in this section?
5. Off of what does Cain push Abel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the kidnappers get into the house?
2. How does Cain die in this section?
3. Describe the character of Matthew.
4. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
5. What does Carla learn in this section?
6. Describe Lyta's dream.
7. What does Lyta learn has happened to Daniel?
8. Describe Rose's dream.
9. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
10. What is a Corinthian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of revenge.
1. In what way is revenge one of the central themes of the story?
2. What meaning does it give the novel that it is the women who are looking for revenge?
Essay Topic 3
What does a raven symbolize? How much of the symbolism is taken from mythology? How did these myths develop?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)