|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second angel who does not speak?
2. What does the ladies' man steal from the bathing woman?
3. Who has said it is time for Nuala to come home?
4. What is the name of the Norse God in this section?
5. What does Lyta tell the girl in Dreaming she wants to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Titania and Nuala talk about in this section?
2. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
3. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
4. What is Lyta's history?
5. Describe the man's dream at the beginning of the novel?
6. Into what does Delirium transform herself?
7. Who is Nuala?
8. How does Cain die in this section?
9. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
10. How do Remius and Lucifer show their dislike for each other in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gaiman represent Death? What does this representation say about the way Gaiman views the world? In what way is Gaiman's representation of Death different from normal representations? Is Gaiman's representation of Death entirely unique?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gaiman use the prologue to introduce the world of Dreaming and its characters? Why is it necessary to have a prologue for this book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or her ideas about life?
3. How has his or her character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)