|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lyta's mother's superhero name?
2. What has Delirium lost?
3. What does the ladies' man steal from the bathing woman?
4. Who has said it is time for Nuala to come home?
5. What does Daniel get all over his bed while sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyta learn has happened to Daniel?
2. What is Lyta's history?
3. Why has Cluracan come to see Nuala?
4. About what does Morpheus talk to Hob?
5. Who is Nuala?
6. How does Morpheus travel from Los Angeles back to the Dreaming?
7. How do Remius and Lucifer show their dislike for each other in this section?
8. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
9. What does Lyta see in the mirror?
10. What happened the last time Morpheus and Death met?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gaiman represent Death? What does this representation say about the way Gaiman views the world? In what way is Gaiman's representation of Death different from normal representations? Is Gaiman's representation of Death entirely unique?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of revenge.
1. In what way is revenge one of the central themes of the story?
2. What meaning does it give the novel that it is the women who are looking for revenge?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)