|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matthew call Lord Morpheus?
2. What does Abel say fills his house?
3. What is the name of the second angel who does not speak?
4. What does Lyta do to Eric when he touches her?
5. What do the creatures tell Lyta she should call the Furies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cain die in this section?
2. What does Carla learn in this section?
3. Describe Rose's dream.
4. Describe the man's dream at the beginning of the novel?
5. Describe the man's second dream in the prologue.
6. How do the cat woman and the cyclops help Lyta?
7. What complaints does Mervyn have about his job?
8. Describe Lyta's dream.
9. How has Hell changed since Lucifer left?
10. How did the kidnappers get into the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Dream world different from Earth? How does Gaiman make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 2
How do Morpheus and Nuala hurt each other? In what way is Nuala's love for Morpheus an important element of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What does a raven symbolize? How much of the symbolism is taken from mythology? How did these myths develop?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)