|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman make the ladies' man promise before she will sleep with him?
2. What instrument does the owner of the Lux bar play?
3. To whom is Carla talking on the phone?
4. What are growing in Lyta's hair?
5. What do the creatures tell Lyta she should call the Furies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
2. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
3. Describe Lyta's dream.
4. What does Lyta learn has happened to Daniel?
5. About what does Morpheus talk to Hob?
6. Describe the man's dream at the beginning of the novel?
7. Who is Paul McGuire?
8. How do the cat woman and the cyclops help Lyta?
9. What is a Corinthian?
10. Who is Nuala?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gaiman use the prologue to introduce the world of Dreaming and its characters? Why is it necessary to have a prologue for this book?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gaiman represent Death? What does this representation say about the way Gaiman views the world? In what way is Gaiman's representation of Death different from normal representations? Is Gaiman's representation of Death entirely unique?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)