|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what was Lord Morpheus held captive for sixty years?
2. Who does Carla visit in this section?
3. What does Mervyn complain about to the raven?
4. What is Pinkerton's real name?
5. What does Alex give Rose before she leaves the nursing home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
2. How has Hell changed since Lucifer left?
3. How do the cat woman and the cyclops help Lyta?
4. What does Lyta learn has happened to Daniel?
5. Into what does Delirium transform herself?
6. Describe the story Loki tells about Thor.
7. What is Lyta's history?
8. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
9. Describe Rose's dream.
10. How does Cain die in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the story of the ladies' man, his wife and his three children relate to the book's themes? In what way does the story signify the origins of the Furies?
Essay Topic 2
How does Morpheus feel about the death of his son? How does the death of Morpheus's son affect the decisions he makes in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)