Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit does Mervyn have for a head?
2. Where do the detectives tell Lyta they found a body?
3. What does the man promise will eat him if he breaks his promise?
4. What wakes Carla up in the middle of the night?
5. What is the name of Abel's pet gargolye?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Three Fates?
2. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
3. Who is Nuala?
4. What is Lyta's history?
5. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
6. How did Odin hold Loki captive?
7. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
8. Describe Rose's dream.
9. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
10. What does Puck say about Daniel?
Essay Topic 1
In what way can The Kindly Ones be called a revenge story? What are the conventions of a normal revenge story and how does Gaiman use these conventions to create a meaning that fits with 90s culture? How does The Kindly Ones differ from usual revenge stories?
Essay Topic 2
How does Morpheus feel about the death of his son? How does the death of Morpheus's son affect the decisions he makes in the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does the story of the ladies' man, his wife and his three children relate to the book's themes? In what way does the story signify the origins of the Furies?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)