|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what was Lord Morpheus held captive for sixty years?
2. What does the dreamer think Morpheus can explain to him?
3. Why does Rose tell Zelda she is looking after her?
4. Who is in charge of hell?
5. Where is Rose going in a few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Paul McGuire?
2. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
3. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
4. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
5. How did the kidnappers get into the house?
6. Why has Cluracan come to see Nuala?
7. What is a Corinthian?
8. What is Lyta's history?
9. Describe the man's dream at the beginning of the novel?
10. Who is Nuala?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Dream world different from Earth? How does Gaiman make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gaiman use the character of Lucifer in the story? How is it different to Lucifer's usual role in fiction? How does Gaiman stay true to Lucifer's character in spite of the fact he is using him in an unconventional way?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a novel and a graphic novel in terms of the following?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)