|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the three mythical creatures that guard the castle?
2. What does the crazy homeless man offer Daniel?
3. Into whom does Carla run as she leaves Lyta's apartment?
4. Which of the three fates brews the tea?
5. What does Cluracan ask Morpheus to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the man's second dream in the prologue.
2. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
3. About what does Morpheus talk to Hob?
4. How does Lyta react to the homeless man giving Daniel a flower?
5. Why has Cluracan come to see Nuala?
6. How do the cat woman and the cyclops help Lyta?
7. What does Carla learn in this section?
8. Describe the story Magda tells about the children who fly away?
9. What is a Corinthian?
10. How did the kidnappers get into the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of revenge.
1. In what way is revenge one of the central themes of the story?
2. What meaning does it give the novel that it is the women who are looking for revenge?
Essay Topic 2
Why do the characters want to destroy Morpheus? How does Morpheus try to prevent the characters from destroying him? Why does Morpheus give in to the characters' demands by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)