|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyta tell the girl in Dreaming she wants to find?
2. What does the girl give Lyta for luck?
3. Of what is Lord Morpheus the master?
4. On what does the man dream a faceless women is gnawing?
5. Where do the detectives tell Lyta they found a body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the cat woman and the cyclops help Lyta?
2. What happens when Morpheus arrives to kill Lyta?
3. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
4. Describe Rose's dream.
5. How did the kidnappers get into the house?
6. About what does Morpheus talk to Hob?
7. What does Lyta see in the mirror?
8. What does Lyta learn has happened to Daniel?
9. What do Titania and Nuala talk about in this section?
10. Describe the man's second dream in the prologue.
Essay Topic 1
How does Gaiman use the prologue to introduce the world of Dreaming and its characters? Why is it necessary to have a prologue for this book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Greek mythology used in the book.
1. What are the elements of Greek mythology?
2. How does Gaiman adapt these elements for a young modern audience?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)