|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sleeping Beauty's offspring suck from Sleeping Beauty's finger?
2. In which room does Morpheus appear before Nuala and Cluracan?
3. What kind of fruit does Mervyn have for a head?
4. Who tells Rose a story about Sleeping Beauty?
5. What is the name of Paul McGuire's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lyta's dream.
2. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
3. Who is Nuala?
4. How does Cain die in this section?
5. What does Carla learn in this section?
6. Describe Rose's dream.
7. How does Lyta react to the homeless man giving Daniel a flower?
8. Describe the story Magda tells about the children who fly away?
9. Who is Paul McGuire?
10. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does a raven symbolize? How much of the symbolism is taken from mythology? How did these myths develop?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a novel and a graphic novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the characters want to destroy Morpheus? How does Morpheus try to prevent the characters from destroying him? Why does Morpheus give in to the characters' demands by the end of the story?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)