Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit does Mervyn have for a head?
2. Where do the detectives tell Lyta they found a body?
3. What does the man promise will eat him if he breaks his promise?
4. What wakes Carla up in the middle of the night?
5. What is the name of Abel's pet gargolye?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Three Fates?
2. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
3. Who is Nuala?
4. What is Lyta's history?
5. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
6. How did Odin hold Loki captive?
7. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
8. Describe Rose's dream.
9. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
10. What does Puck say about Daniel?
How does Gaiman use the prologue to introduce the world of Dreaming and its characters? Why is it necessary to have a prologue for this book?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Examine the theme of revenge.
1. In what way is revenge one of the central themes of the story?
2. What meaning does it give the novel that it is the women who are looking for revenge?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)