|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit does Mervyn have for a head?
2. Where do the detectives tell Lyta they found a body?
3. What does the man promise will eat him if he breaks his promise?
4. What wakes Carla up in the middle of the night?
5. What is the name of Abel's pet gargolye?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Three Fates?
2. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
3. Who is Nuala?
4. What is Lyta's history?
5. How does Morpheus react to Cluracan's request to release his sister?
6. How did Odin hold Loki captive?
7. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
8. Describe Rose's dream.
9. Why does Raven say Noah had more luck with the doves?
10. What does Puck say about Daniel?
Essay Topic 1
How does Gaiman use the prologue to introduce the world of Dreaming and its characters? Why is it necessary to have a prologue for this book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Greek mythology used in the book.
1. What are the elements of Greek mythology?
2. How does Gaiman adapt these elements for a young modern audience?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)