|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carla visit in this section?
2. What does Lyta do to Eric when he touches her?
3. Why can't Cyclops go with Lyta?
4. What do the creatures tell Lyta she should call the Furies?
5. What does Cluracan ask Morpheus to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
2. How do Remius and Lucifer show their dislike for each other in this section?
3. How has Hell changed since Lucifer left?
4. What is Rose's relationship with Zelda?
5. How does Magda's version of Sleeping Beauty differ from the full version?
6. Describe the man's second dream in the prologue.
7. What do Titania and Nuala talk about in this section?
8. What does Lyta learn has happened to Daniel?
9. How did the kidnappers get into the house?
10. How does Cain die in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gaiman use the character of Lucifer in the story? How is it different to Lucifer's usual role in fiction? How does Gaiman stay true to Lucifer's character in spite of the fact he is using him in an unconventional way?
Essay Topic 2
Why do the characters want to destroy Morpheus? How does Morpheus try to prevent the characters from destroying him? Why does Morpheus give in to the characters' demands by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Morpheus choose to come back as Daniel? Was Daniel always in line to become Dream? What suggestions are there in the book that this is the case?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)