|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyta say she would do to anyone who hurt Daniel?
2. What kind of bird is Matthew?
3. On what does the man dream a faceless women is gnawing?
4. What is the name of Lyta's babysitter?
5. What does everyone call Rose's grandmother at the nursing home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rose's grandmother called Sleeping Beauty?
2. About what does Morpheus talk to Hob?
3. What information does Matthew get from the other characters on the way to seeing Morpheus?
4. Into what does Delirium transform herself?
5. How does Carla die?
6. How does Lord Morpheus change the man's dream?
7. What does Carla learn in this section?
8. How do Remius and Lucifer show their dislike for each other in this section?
9. Describe the story Loki tells about Thor.
10. Who are the Three Fates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Morpheus choose to come back as Daniel? Was Daniel always in line to become Dream? What suggestions are there in the book that this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Furies role in the novel? How do the Furies relate to popular culture and what meaning does this relationship give the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Greek mythology used in the book.
1. What are the elements of Greek mythology?
2. How does Gaiman adapt these elements for a young modern audience?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)