|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Queen the siblings serve?
2. Where does Charles see the ghosts?
3. What day of the week do the boys corner Charles?
4. The character is turned into which of the following?
5. Charles suffers from which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dream attempts to speak to Nada? What is Nada's response?
2. What does Charles do to avoid the specters?
3. What is Azazel's reaction to the news?
4. What is the announcement made to the people waiting in the great hall?
5. Who are the three boys that awake Charles? What confession do they make?
6. What is the basis of the confrontation between Dream and Susano?
7. What does Paine say when Charles asks what it is like to die?
8. Who/what are the specters Charles sees around the school?
9. What story is told regarding Hell? What proposition do the fairies make to Dream?
10. Who serves the guests at dinner? What is the entertainment provided to the guests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Endless. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the stories in the book are too fantastic to be believed by someone who was not there to experience it firsthand. How might you react if a person approached you with such an outrageous tale that it could only happen in myth? Would you believe the person? Would you think the person was crazy? Would you ask for proof? If so, what kind of proof would you require?
Essay Topic 3
There are references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and utilize the Endless? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died? How would you feel if you met the undead in a public venue?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)