|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of container is Azazel trapped?
2. Which character gets sawed in half?
3. The character is turned into which of the following?
4. What does Charles see throughout the school?
5. Which character makes the pass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is offered to Dream from Shivering Jemmy?
2. What is the basis of the confrontation between Dream and Susano?
3. What story is told regarding Hell? What proposition do the fairies make to Dream?
4. Where are Paine's earthly remains? How did he die?
5. What information does Remiel have to give to Dream?
6. What does Charles do to avoid the specters?
7. What does Paine say when Charles asks what it is like to die?
8. What is the setting for the beginning of Episode 4? Who is the main character?
9. What happens between Choronzon and the Merkin?
10. What are the two most tempting offers? Who offers them to Dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fairies are magical creatures that appear in a wide variety of art forms from literature to paintings and movies. Discuss fairies. What are some famous fairies? Do you have a favorite? How does Cluracan compare to other famous fairies? Where do fairies come from? Where do they live? What kinds of power do fairies have?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is an important theme throughout the book, particularly when unusual and unexplained things happen. Discuss fear as it is used in "Seasons of Mist." Explain how fear works into various stories and how it relates to various characters. Some examples include Rowland's fear of the three bullies at the boarding school.
Essay Topic 3
The various tales allow for a substantial use of flashback. In fact some stories consist of little else. Discuss the use of flashback in the storytelling process. Does each character give enough information to make the story relatable? If not, why? How do you think Gaiman creates a story within a story using flashback? Do you like the use of flashbacks? Explain.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)