|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character asks to stay an extra day?
2. Who stands by to watch the hordes of demons return to Hell?
3. What type of school does the boy attend?
4. What is the name of the Queen the siblings serve?
5. Charles finds the nurse tending to which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attends Dream's court as a representative of Faerie? Which fairies are in charge of the realm?
2. The story switches over to Lucifer who has left Hell for good. Where did Lucifer go?
3. What is the announcement made to the people waiting in the great hall?
4. What is Azazel's reaction to the news?
5. What is Loki's reaction when Thor attempts to return him to his prison?
6. What action does Remiel observe that makes him angry? What does Remiel say?
7. What is the setting for the beginning of Episode 4? Who is the main character?
8. What occurs while the guests are waiting in the great hall for Dream's decision?
9. Why do you think Nada told Dream his apology was inadequate?
10. Who/what are the specters Charles sees around the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fairies are magical creatures that appear in a wide variety of art forms from literature to paintings and movies. Discuss fairies. What are some famous fairies? Do you have a favorite? How does Cluracan compare to other famous fairies? Where do fairies come from? Where do they live? What kinds of power do fairies have?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
Essay Topic 3
Gaiman uses many metaphors in his writing, some of which are quite subtle. Choose at least three strong metaphors and three subtle metaphors for use in discussion. What do you think prompts Gaiman to utilize metaphors? Which are the most obvious to you? Are some metaphors and references too obscure for the general public? Explain.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)