|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Lucifer think about while enjoying the ocean?
2. Which adjective best describes how Dream appears to Nada?
3. Who offers Dream a collection of the dreams of dead mortals?
4. What item was demanded as the tithe?
5. Which is one of the only living people at the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles do to avoid the specters?
2. What story is told regarding Hell? What proposition do the fairies make to Dream?
3. What is the result of the proclamation?
4. What happens when Dream attempts to speak to Nada? What is Nada's response?
5. What does Paine say when Charles asks what it is like to die?
6. What is the compromise Dream offers to Loki?
7. What happens between Choronzon and the Merkin?
8. Who are the three boys that awake Charles? What confession do they make?
9. What are the two most tempting offers? Who offers them to Dream?
10. Where are Paine's earthly remains? How did he die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 2
Morpheus is one of the most enigmatic and famous characters in mythology. Explain the history of Morpheus. When did the character first appear in literature? What culture seemingly created Morpheus? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Gaiman chose Morpheus as a main character? What other mythological entity would you like to see portrayed in a graphic novel series?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)