|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Remiel react to the news?
2. Odin created a micro-world that showed a miniaturized version of what?
3. Which character makes the pass?
4. The character is turned into which of the following?
5. Who is sent to Nada extend a dinner invitation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for the beginning of Episode 4? Who is the main character?
2. What story is told regarding Hell? What proposition do the fairies make to Dream?
3. What is the announcement made to the people waiting in the great hall?
4. What is the result of the proclamation?
5. What is the compromise Dream offers to Loki?
6. What happens between Choronzon and the Merkin?
7. What is Azazel's reaction to the news?
8. Why do you think Nada told Dream his apology was inadequate?
9. Who are the three boys that awake Charles? What confession do they make?
10. Who serves the guests at dinner? What is the entertainment provided to the guests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare "Seasons of Mist" with one or more of Gaiman's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, the best? Explain. Which did you like the least? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed more often? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 3
Morpheus is one of the most enigmatic and famous characters in mythology. Explain the history of Morpheus. When did the character first appear in literature? What culture seemingly created Morpheus? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Gaiman chose Morpheus as a main character? What other mythological entity would you like to see portrayed in a graphic novel series?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)