|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the character eventually cornered?
2. What is the name given to Charles by the bullies?
3. What/who is lying next to Charles when he awakens?
4. What item was demanded as the tithe?
5. To whom does Lucifer speak while watching a sunset?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paine say when Charles asks what it is like to die?
2. What happens between Choronzon and the Merkin?
3. What is the basis of the confrontation between Dream and Susano?
4. Who serves the guests at dinner? What is the entertainment provided to the guests?
5. What is the result of the proclamation?
6. What is Azazel's reaction to the news?
7. The story switches over to Lucifer who has left Hell for good. Where did Lucifer go?
8. What does Charles do to avoid the specters?
9. What information does Remiel have to give to Dream?
10. Name at least two other offers presented to Dream.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the stories in the book are too fantastic to be believed by someone who was not there to experience it firsthand. How might you react if a person approached you with such an outrageous tale that it could only happen in myth? Would you believe the person? Would you think the person was crazy? Would you ask for proof? If so, what kind of proof would you require?
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes in the book is good versus evil. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between good and evil obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in the battle? Do you think the right person won? Does good always triumph over evil? Explain.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)