|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy?
2. In general what must be present to deliver messages from the Creator?
3. What adjective describes the reaction of the character being punished?
4. What is the name of Cluracan's sister?
5. Bast appears to Dream in the form of which animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing that happens to the character? What is unusual about the activity?
2. What occurs while the guests are waiting in the great hall for Dream's decision?
3. Where are Paine's earthly remains? How did he die?
4. What does Paine say when Charles asks what it is like to die?
5. What are the two most tempting offers? Who offers them to Dream?
6. What happens when Dream attempts to speak to Nada? What is Nada's response?
7. What is offered to Dream from Shivering Jemmy?
8. What is the setting for the beginning of Episode 4? Who is the main character?
9. What action does Remiel observe that makes him angry? What does Remiel say?
10. What is the announcement made to the people waiting in the great hall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gaiman is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Gaiman chose that particular author or reference.
Essay Topic 2
Lucifer appears in more than one story as the fallen angel that reigns over Hell. Discuss the use of Lucifer in the stories. Does Gaiman's portrayal of Lucifer match your own concept or the concept taught through religion and myth? What kind of powers does Lucifer have? What is your concept of hell in a religious or mythical context? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare "Seasons of Mist" with one or more of Gaiman's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, the best? Explain. Which did you like the least? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed more often? Why?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)