|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god is known as being the God of Thunder?
2. Since she left Dreaming, the woman lives in which place?
3. Duma is also known as the Angel of ______.
4. Who serves as Dream's messenger?
5. What is the name of the relative also present?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desire do to torment Dream?
2. What is Lucifer's theory on his existence as the great fallen angel?
3. Why is Hell so silent? What has Lucifer done?
4. What is the explanation Dream gives to Matthew about Lucifer?
5. What request does Lucifer make when Dream summons him?
6. What kind of meeting does Destiny call? Where is it held?
7. Where does Dream go after arriving in Hell? What does he find?
8. Who meets with Lucien in the library? What does Lucien say about the room?
9. What happened to Dream and the woman? What was Dream's reaction to this outcome? What did he do as a result?
10. Which members of the family attend the meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Endless. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and utilize the Endless? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died? How would you feel if you met the undead in a public venue?
Essay Topic 3
Gaiman is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Gaiman chose that particular author or reference.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)