|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in the room to summon the pair to a meeting?
2. What is another term for the Fates?
3. Who begins the story by walking through a garden?
4. Which god is known as being the God of Thunder?
5. Susano is originally from which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dream find when he arrives in Hell?
2. What happens when Dream attempts to speak to Nada? What is Nada's response?
3. What theory does Matthew espouse, trying to find the brighter side of Dream's potentially dangerous trip?
4. What does Charles do to avoid the specters?
5. Name at least two other offers presented to Dream.
6. What information does Remiel have to give to Dream?
7. What argument and gift are presented to Dream from Odin?
8. What is discussed at the meeting?
9. Why does Odin go to his son? What does he promise in exchange for help?
10. What is the setting for the beginning of Episode 4? Who is the main character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lucifer appears in more than one story as the fallen angel that reigns over Hell. Discuss the use of Lucifer in the stories. Does Gaiman's portrayal of Lucifer match your own concept or the concept taught through religion and myth? What kind of powers does Lucifer have? What is your concept of hell in a religious or mythical context? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the stories in the book are too fantastic to be believed by someone who was not there to experience it firsthand. How might you react if a person approached you with such an outrageous tale that it could only happen in myth? Would you believe the person? Would you think the person was crazy? Would you ask for proof? If so, what kind of proof would you require?
Essay Topic 3
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Endless. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
This section contains 1,780 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)