|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does the demon have toward Lucifer?
2. What is the name of the mortal woman with whom Dream has a romance?
3. Dream immediately notices that Hell seems to be:
4. Who begins to torment Dream with an old tale?
5. The tale involves a woman with which of the following names:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dream find when he arrives in Hell?
2. What happened to Dream and the woman? What was Dream's reaction to this outcome? What did he do as a result?
3. What kind of meeting does Destiny call? Where is it held?
4. Why is Hell so silent? What has Lucifer done?
5. Dream calls a meeting to discuss what issue? Where is the discussion held?
6. What does Desire do to torment Dream?
7. What is Lucifer's theory on his existence as the great fallen angel?
8. What restriction does Odin put upon Loki? Why does he make the choice?
9. Where does Dream go after arriving in Hell? What does he find?
10. What bargaining chip does Azazel intend to use to strike a deal with Dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The various tales allow for a substantial use of flashback. In fact some stories consist of little else. Discuss the use of flashback in the storytelling process. Does each character give enough information to make the story relatable? If not, why? How do you think Gaiman creates a story within a story using flashback? Do you like the use of flashbacks? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed character description for each Endless character that appears in the book. Choose your favorite and why you prefer that specific character.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)