|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is the advice of the family that none of them should ever be involved with which of the following:
2. Duma is also known as the Angel of ______.
3. Destiny is told that the oldest _______ is about to return.
4. Dream goes to which sibling for advice?
5. According to Lucifer, of which of the following is he not the owner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dream find when he arrives in Hell?
2. What request does Lucifer make when Dream summons him?
3. Who meets with Lucien in the library? What does Lucien say about the room?
4. What is the first thing that happens to the character? What is unusual about the activity?
5. Who visits Destiny in the garden? What is the purpose of the visit?
6. What story is told regarding Hell? What proposition do the fairies make to Dream?
7. What is the announcement made to the people waiting in the great hall?
8. What is the compromise Dream offers to Loki?
9. What bargaining chip does Azazel intend to use to strike a deal with Dream?
10. Where are Paine's earthly remains? How did he die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is an important theme throughout the book, particularly when unusual and unexplained things happen. Discuss fear as it is used in "Seasons of Mist." Explain how fear works into various stories and how it relates to various characters. Some examples include Rowland's fear of the three bullies at the boarding school.
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes in the book is good versus evil. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between good and evil obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in the battle? Do you think the right person won? Does good always triumph over evil? Explain.
This section contains 1,796 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)