|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dream immediately notices that Hell seems to be:
2. What kind of animal is this character?
3. Who does Dream hope to rescue from Hell?
4. What part of the demon's body has been severely damaged?
5. What had Choronzon previously stolen from Dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dream acquiesce? Can Dream trust Lucifer?
2. What happens when Dream returns to Dreaming?
3. Which members of the family attend the meeting?
4. Who is the messenger sent from Dream to Lucifer? Why is the messenger above being harmed by the demons?
5. Why does Odin go to his son? What does he promise in exchange for help?
6. What bargaining chip does Azazel intend to use to strike a deal with Dream?
7. What is the issue with Dream returning to Hell? Does the issue cause any hesitation on Dream's part?
8. What is discussed at the meeting?
9. Where does Dream go after arriving in Hell? What does he find?
10. Who visits Destiny in the garden? What is the purpose of the visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the stories in the book are too fantastic to be believed by someone who was not there to experience it firsthand. How might you react if a person approached you with such an outrageous tale that it could only happen in myth? Would you believe the person? Would you think the person was crazy? Would you ask for proof? If so, what kind of proof would you require?
Essay Topic 2
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Endless. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Politics are also referred to in the book. In several instances, a character must obey by the rules and therefore politics, even in an alternate world. This can be seen in the way Dream deals with the issue of reopening Hell or in Odin's attempts to rein in and punish Loki. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Gaiman incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)