|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Delirium's previous name?
2. What is another name for Heaven?
3. Huginn and Muninn are also referred to as ____________.
4. What is the last name of the family?
5. What nickname does the character have for his guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which members of the family attend the meeting?
2. Why is Hell so silent? What has Lucifer done?
3. Who visits the abode? What does the god do as a result of the visit?
4. Who is the messenger sent from Dream to Lucifer? Why is the messenger above being harmed by the demons?
5. Dream calls a meeting to discuss what issue? Where is the discussion held?
6. What is the message given to Destiny by the ladies?
7. What bargaining chip does Azazel intend to use to strike a deal with Dream?
8. What is the name of the abode of the Norse gods? Who is the king god?
9. Who meets with Lucien in the library? What does Lucien say about the room?
10. Why does Odin go to his son? What does he promise in exchange for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Politics are also referred to in the book. In several instances, a character must obey by the rules and therefore politics, even in an alternate world. This can be seen in the way Dream deals with the issue of reopening Hell or in Odin's attempts to rein in and punish Loki. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Gaiman incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
Essay Topic 2
The various tales allow for a substantial use of flashback. In fact some stories consist of little else. Discuss the use of flashback in the storytelling process. Does each character give enough information to make the story relatable? If not, why? How do you think Gaiman creates a story within a story using flashback? Do you like the use of flashbacks? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Out of all the Endless, Death seems to play the largest part in most of the stories. Discuss the character Death. Why do you think Gaiman places so much emphasis on Death? Do you think Death is the strongest character? How do you compare Death to Dream? Which character do you think is the most important and/or the most developed? Explain.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)