|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realm is home to Shivering Jemmy?
2. Dream goes to which sibling for advice?
3. What does Lucifer do after everyone leaves?
4. Since she left Dreaming, the woman lives in which place?
5. What nickname does the character have for his guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Dream go after arriving in Hell? What does he find?
2. Why does Odin go to his son? What does he promise in exchange for help?
3. Which members of the family attend the meeting?
4. What is the explanation Dream gives to Matthew about Lucifer?
5. What is discussed at the meeting?
6. What theory does Matthew espouse, trying to find the brighter side of Dream's potentially dangerous trip?
7. What is upsetting for Lucifer? What is his thought on the matter?
8. What restriction does Odin put upon Loki? Why does he make the choice?
9. What is the message given to Destiny by the ladies?
10. What happens when Dream returns to Dreaming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Endless. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Gaiman is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Gaiman chose that particular author or reference.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)