|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves before Dream continues his talk with Matthew?
2. Which realm does Kilderkin represent?
3. What realm is home to Shivering Jemmy?
4. It is the advice of the family that none of them should ever be involved with which of the following:
5. Who does Dream hope to rescue from Hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the proclamation?
2. What happens when Dream returns to Dreaming?
3. What is the explanation Dream gives to Matthew about Lucifer?
4. What is the first thing that happens to the character? What is unusual about the activity?
5. Dream calls a meeting to discuss what issue? Where is the discussion held?
6. What happens when Dream attempts to speak to Nada? What is Nada's response?
7. What is discussed at the meeting?
8. What does Charles do to avoid the specters?
9. What is Lucifer's theory on his existence as the great fallen angel?
10. What does Paine say when Charles asks what it is like to die?
Essay Topic 1
Fairies are magical creatures that appear in a wide variety of art forms from literature to paintings and movies. Discuss fairies. What are some famous fairies? Do you have a favorite? How does Cluracan compare to other famous fairies? Where do fairies come from? Where do they live? What kinds of power do fairies have?
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes in the book is good versus evil. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between good and evil obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in the battle? Do you think the right person won? Does good always triumph over evil? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and utilize the Endless? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died? How would you feel if you met the undead in a public venue?
This section contains 1,726 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)