|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of locale would Lucifer like to live?
2. Which god is known as being the God of Thunder?
3. What item does Lucifer ask Dream to remove so they can talk?
4. How did the woman die?
5. What kind of structure does the person live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is upsetting for Lucifer? What is his thought on the matter?
2. What is the issue with Dream returning to Hell? Does the issue cause any hesitation on Dream's part?
3. What does Dream find when he arrives in Hell?
4. Who meets with Lucien in the library? What does Lucien say about the room?
5. What does Desire do to torment Dream?
6. What kind of meeting does Destiny call? Where is it held?
7. What other representatives are present in Dream's court?
8. Who is the messenger sent from Dream to Lucifer? Why is the messenger above being harmed by the demons?
9. Why does Odin want to gain the power?
10. What is the name of the abode of the Norse gods? Who is the king god?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The various tales allow for a substantial use of flashback. In fact some stories consist of little else. Discuss the use of flashback in the storytelling process. Does each character give enough information to make the story relatable? If not, why? How do you think Gaiman creates a story within a story using flashback? Do you like the use of flashbacks? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the origin of the Endless. Some say that the characters have always existed and therefore are immortal and eternal. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you think the family is actually "Endless?" Where do you think they came from? If they are eternal and immortal, how were they created?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)