Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Tantoblin after Cuckoo destroyed the room patrol?
2. Who is the last person to disappear that Morpheus talks to in Chapter 5?
3. What does Barbie believe about people in Chapter 6?
4. What does Wanda complain about in New York in Chapter 5?
5. Who is an only child, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
Author Neil Gaiman constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with change. Give three examples of how change is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the point of view presented in the book. Initially, the story line stays close to Barbie and her friends and then focuses in primarily on Barbie's adventures. However, by the end of the book, the focus shifts to Wanda and Barbie's understanding of Wanda despite the judgment offered by Wanda's family. How does this change from the smaller focus of two intimate friends to that of family and society at large give a different perspective on the story as a whole? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
"The Sandman: A Game of You" has numerous themes ranging from gender and sexuality to identity and religion. Pick one theme and describe it at length, mentioning its effect on all the principal and secondary characters.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)