|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does George tell Wanda to worry in Chapter 4?
2. Who stops singing in Chapter 4 when Luz says it is too noisy?
3. What disgusts Barbie when she walks through the diner in Chapter 6?
4. Who has a grandson who was a cross-dresser?
5. What exists as long as the world exists according to Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbie talk about on the car ride with Dora and what does she dream about?
2. To whom does the Cuckoo introduce Barbie?
3. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
4. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
5. What do Barbie and Wilkinson discover when they read the scroll?
6. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
7. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
8. Who rejects Barbie at the funeral at the end of the book and why?
9. What is the boon that Morpheus offers Barbie?
10. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the discussion about pregnancy and sex between Hazel and Barbie. What myths are being circulated? What are being dispelled? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used heavily in "The Sandman: A Game of You." Find three instances and explain how foreshadowing is used to show events that will come.
Essay Topic 3
In "The Sandman: A Game of You," the author delves deeply into the inner worlds of his characters. Describe how the first five chapters that discuss Barbie's dream world contrast sharply with the final chapter, in which Wanda's family rejects both Wanda and Barbie's beliefs.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)