|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Barbie mourn while she is in the Land in Chapter 4?
2. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
3. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
4. About whom does George tell Wanda to worry in Chapter 4?
5. Who is told that this is the most dangerous point of their journey in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the boon that Morpheus offers Barbie?
2. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
3. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
4. In Chapter 4, when Luz says that they are being watched, what does Barbie compare this experience to?
5. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
6. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
7. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
8. What is the danger that approaches Barbie and Wilkinson as they read the scroll?
9. What happens that makes Barbie question whether she is dreaming, and how does she respond to this new knowledge in Chapter 4?
10. What do Nuala and Morpheus talk about in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that inspires fear initially (Morpheus, Thessaly) but later evokes reluctant admiration and appreciation from the girls. Explain this change.
Essay Topic 2
"The Sandman: A Game of You" is a fantasy. Describe what elements of fantasy are revealed in the book. Is the book geared toward adults? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Gender is an issue that is frequently debated, discussed and described in this book. How is gender portrayed through the characters of Barbie, Wanda, Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly? What stereotypes or cultural or societal views are reinforced, questioned or rejected? Explain.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)