|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What matters to the Moon, according to George?
2. What looks like the house in Florida in which where Barbie grew up?
3. What does Barbie tell Dora about that results in a silent drive after the funeral?
4. What does Morpheus say is Barbie's fault in Chapter 6?
5. What does Barbie say girls do while boys imagine themselves stronger in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in New York when the storm grows violent?
2. What do Nuala and Morpheus talk about in Chapter 4?
3. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
4. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
5. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
6. In Chapter 4, when Luz says that they are being watched, what does Barbie compare this experience to?
7. What does Barbie learn about the little girl in Chapter 5?
8. What does Wilkinson say that Barbie does not believe when they wake up the day after they hid from the Black Guard in the cave and read Tantoblin's scroll?
9. What do Barbie and the Cuckoo say about childhood abuse and imagination?
10. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Sandman: A Game of You," the author delves deeply into the inner worlds of his characters. Describe how the first five chapters that discuss Barbie's dream world contrast sharply with the final chapter, in which Wanda's family rejects both Wanda and Barbie's beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the use of the name "Cuckoo." What does this signify? Is it appropriate? In the story, what descriptions and connections are made about the word "cuckoo" and how do they relate to the character? How does your understanding of the name Cuckoo change when it becomes apparent that the Cuckoo is Barbie as a child? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What is the witchcraft performed by Thessaly? How does this and other acts separate her from the other women? What kind of characterization does this result in? Describe.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)