|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Barbie go after burying Tantoblin?
3. Who looks like Barbie's grandfather in Chapter 5?
4. Why is it dangerous to mess with the Moon, according to George?
5. What does Barbie tell Dora about that results in a silent drive after the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thessaly say when Morpheus departs?
2. What does Barbie learn about the little girl in Chapter 5?
3. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Wilkinson mention to Barbie in Chapter 4 that she remembers?
5. What does Barbie talk about on the car ride with Dora and what does she dream about?
6. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
7. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
8. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
9. In Chapter 4, when Luz says that they are being watched, what does Barbie compare this experience to?
10. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Author Neil Gaiman constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with change. Give three examples of how change is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the use of make-up in the book. Barbie first paints her face as a chessboard in the opening chapter and then paints a veil on her face in the final chapter. She also writes on Wanda's tombstone with her lipstick. What does this imply about her? Is this absurdist? Is this significant? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that inspires fear initially (Morpheus, Thessaly) but later evokes reluctant admiration and appreciation from the girls. Explain this change.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)