|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Barbie compare being watched in Chapter 4?
2. What does Wanda see when she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
3. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do in Chapter 6?
4. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
5. What does Morpheus need to "uncreate" the Land in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wanda angry and what does George explain to her about the Moon in Chapter 4?
2. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
3. Who does Wilkinson mention to Barbie in Chapter 4 that she remembers?
4. What does Barbie do while wearing mourning clothes in Chapter 6?
5. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
6. What do Barbie and Wilkinson discover when they read the scroll?
7. What does Barbie learn about the little girl in Chapter 5?
8. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
9. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
10. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the discussion about pregnancy and sex between Hazel and Barbie. What myths are being circulated? What are being dispelled? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the point of view presented in the book. Initially, the story line stays close to Barbie and her friends and then focuses in primarily on Barbie's adventures. However, by the end of the book, the focus shifts to Wanda and Barbie's understanding of Wanda despite the judgment offered by Wanda's family. How does this change from the smaller focus of two intimate friends to that of family and society at large give a different perspective on the story as a whole? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
In "The Sandman: A Game of You," the author delves deeply into the inner worlds of his characters. Describe how the first five chapters that discuss Barbie's dream world contrast sharply with the final chapter, in which Wanda's family rejects both Wanda and Barbie's beliefs.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)