|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Barbie talk that she does not believe will actually protect her from the guards in Chapter 4?
2. Who is still walking on the Moon's Road and has not reached Barbie's dream yet in Chapter 4?
3. Who dies when the apartment building crumbles in Chapter 6?
4. Who dislikes the image drawn on Barbie's face in Chapter 6?
5. In what year was Thessaly born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the danger that approaches Barbie and Wilkinson as they read the scroll?
2. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
3. What do Barbie and the Cuckoo say about childhood abuse and imagination?
4. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
5. Who rejects Barbie at the funeral at the end of the book and why?
6. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
7. What does Thessaly say when Morpheus departs?
8. What does the world need to exist, according to the Cuckoo?
9. What does Barbie do while wearing mourning clothes in Chapter 6?
10. What does Barbie want to do with Tantoblin's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Sandman: A Game of You," the author delves deeply into the inner worlds of his characters. Describe how the first five chapters that discuss Barbie's dream world contrast sharply with the final chapter, in which Wanda's family rejects both Wanda and Barbie's beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
What is the witchcraft performed by Thessaly? How does this and other acts separate her from the other women? What kind of characterization does this result in? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that inspires fear initially (Morpheus, Thessaly) but later evokes reluctant admiration and appreciation from the girls. Explain this change.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)