|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does the Cuckoo exert over Barbie in Chapter 5?
2. What disgusts Barbie when she walks through the diner in Chapter 6?
3. Who is the creator of the land mentioned in Chapter 5?
4. What does Thessaly demand from Morpheus at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does Barbie tell Dora about that results in a silent drive after the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the world need to exist, according to the Cuckoo?
2. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
3. What do Barbie and Wilkinson discover when they read the scroll?
4. What is the danger that approaches Barbie and Wilkinson as they read the scroll?
5. What does Thessaly tell Hazel and Foxglove about cuckoo birds?
6. What does Barbie learn about the little girl in Chapter 5?
7. To whom does the Cuckoo introduce Barbie?
8. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
9. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
10. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism inherent in the use of jewelry, stones and other objects in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Barbie and Cuckoo. What is their relationship to each other? How are they similar? How are they different? Examine this in light of identity.
Essay Topic 3
What is the witchcraft performed by Thessaly? How does this and other acts separate her from the other women? What kind of characterization does this result in? Describe.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)