|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbie believe about people in Chapter 6?
2. What aspect of Barbie is considered strange at the funeral in Chapter 6?
3. What is the present that Barbie bought for her deceased friend in Chapter 6?
4. What disgusts Barbie when she walks through the diner in Chapter 6?
5. What guides Barbie's group down an old path to the sea and the city in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbie learn about the little girl in Chapter 5?
2. To whom does the Cuckoo introduce Barbie?
3. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
4. What does Wilkinson say that Barbie does not believe when they wake up the day after they hid from the Black Guard in the cave and read Tantoblin's scroll?
5. What do Nuala and Morpheus talk about in Chapter 4?
6. When Thessaly, Hazel and Foxglove walk along the Moon's Road, where do they end up and what do they do?
7. What does the beggar woman tell Wanda in Chapter 5?
8. What does the world need to exist, according to the Cuckoo?
9. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
10. What does Morpheus do to liberate Barbie and what is revealed about him in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism inherent in the use of jewelry, stones and other objects in the book.
Essay Topic 2
"The Sandman: A Game of You" has numerous themes ranging from gender and sexuality to identity and religion. Pick one theme and describe it at length, mentioning its effect on all the principal and secondary characters.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief portrait study of Wanda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her through life? How does she change from the beginning of the book to the middle to the end?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)