|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the beggar woman refuse to talk because she does not like hoodoo in Chapter 5?
2. Who passes by so close to Barbie that she can almost touch them while she hides in Chapter 4?
3. What matters to the Moon, according to George?
4. Whom does Barbie see behind Luz, approaching them as they near the Brightly Shining Sea?
5. What does Barbie notice when Morpheus crumbles the land in his hand in Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Sandman: A Game of You," the author delves deeply into the inner worlds of his characters. Describe how the first five chapters that discuss Barbie's dream world contrast sharply with the final chapter, in which Wanda's family rejects both Wanda and Barbie's beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Barbie and Wanda.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events upon which Barbie has a direct influence? What are some events upon which Wanda had a direct influence?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
Gender is an issue that is frequently debated, discussed and described in this book. How is gender portrayed through the characters of Barbie, Wanda, Hazel, Foxglove and Thessaly? What stereotypes or cultural or societal views are reinforced, questioned or rejected? Explain.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)