|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Barbie discover that everyone prays in Chapter 5?
2. What does Barbie notice when Morpheus crumbles the land in his hand in Chapter 5?
3. What is the only thing that Morpheus says he has not done that he came to do in Chapter 6?
4. What does Foxglove ask Hazel in Chapter 5?
5. What does Morpheus need to "uncreate" the Land in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who rejects Barbie at the funeral at the end of the book and why?
2. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
3. What does Wilkinson say that Barbie does not believe when they wake up the day after they hid from the Black Guard in the cave and read Tantoblin's scroll?
4. What does Barbie discuss with Aunt Dora in the diner?
5. What do Nuala and Morpheus talk about in Chapter 4?
6. What is the boon that Morpheus offers Barbie?
7. What happens in New York when the storm grows violent?
8. What does Barbie ask Morpheus to do?
9. What does Thessaly say when Morpheus departs?
10. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism inherent in the use of jewelry, stones and other objects in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that inspires fear initially (Morpheus, Thessaly) but later evokes reluctant admiration and appreciation from the girls. Explain this change.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short essay analyzing the different emotional changes of three characters, looking at similar events and how they impact each of them quite differently.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)