|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Cuckoo bewitch and command to sit in Chapter 5?
2. What is older than Barbie and where is it that she comes to dream?
3. Who would be lucky to be dead in Chapter 4?
4. What does Barbie notice when Morpheus crumbles the land in his hand in Chapter 5?
5. What does Barbie discover about Cuckoo in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Barbie is pulled out of the apartment alive, what does she notice outside?
2. What is the boon that Morpheus offers Barbie?
3. To whom does the Cuckoo introduce Barbie?
4. What does Barbie remember about her journey with Martin in Chapter 4?
5. What is the danger that approaches Barbie and Wilkinson as they read the scroll?
6. What does the world need to exist, according to the Cuckoo?
7. What does Wanda do when the weather starts to worsen and she looks out the window in Chapter 5?
8. What does Morpheus say that the girls have to do because they entered Barbie's dream without consent?
9. What does Barbie do at the tombstone at the end of the book?
10. In Chapter 4, when Luz says that they are being watched, what does Barbie compare this experience to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Author Neil Gaiman constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with change. Give three examples of how change is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 2
"The Sandman: A Game of You" has numerous themes ranging from gender and sexuality to identity and religion. Pick one theme and describe it at length, mentioning its effect on all the principal and secondary characters.
Essay Topic 3
What is the witchcraft performed by Thessaly? How does this and other acts separate her from the other women? What kind of characterization does this result in? Describe.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)