Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose grave does Matsu take an offering?
2. What does the letter say Penelope feels about donating money for the refuges?
3. What he visits in June of 1938, what does Stephen's father suggest?
4. What event in 1923 destroyed all the houses and left many dead?
5. What object does Tomoko ask Matsu to bring to her after she is afflicted with leprosy?
Stephen's budding relationship with Keiko is both exciting and frustrating for him. As their relationship progresses, and Stephen matures, his reaction to Keiko's responses also change. Document the progression of this relationship and explain how Stephen's personal growth and maturity is reflected in his actions and feelings.
Relationships are an ongoing theme in the story. The importance of parent-child relationships, intimacy, and trust are all explored within the larger context of specific relationships in the novel. Choose a relationship from the book that exemplifies each of the three types of relationships or issues listed. For each one, write a detailed explanation of how this relationship is explored in the course of the story and what results from the relationships you choose to write about.
It's clear that characters in this story affect the lives of others around them. Imagine Kenzo without Sachi, or Sachi without Michiko's influence. For three characters, choose a single person in the story that you think has the most influence on them. How would each character's life be different without that person?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)