Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose grave does Matsu take an offering?
2. What does the letter say Penelope feels about donating money for the refuges?
(a) Money could feed all the refugees.
(b) Money could build a hospital for the refugees.
(c) It's not enough to donate money.
(d) It is the responsibility of every Japanese citizen to give money.
3. What he visits in June of 1938, what does Stephen's father suggest?
(a) That Stephen spend the holiday in Kobe.
(b) That Stephen should visit during the Plum Rains.
(c) That Matsu should bring Stephen to the O-bon festival.
(d) That he visit Stephen for the O-bon festival.
4. What event in 1923 destroyed all the houses and left many dead?
(a) An attack.
(b) A fire.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A hurricane.
5. What object does Tomoko ask Matsu to bring to her after she is afflicted with leprosy?
(a) His father's fishing net.
(b) Rocks for her garden.
(c) Her father's fishing knife.
(d) A pen and paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen describe his relationship with Matsu as they walk back to Tarumi?
2. What does the letter Stephen receives say about his mother's mood?
3. What does Matsu tell Stephen he can hope for when he looks back on his life?
4. What does the Summer: June through July 1938 chapter say that Stephen is doing that prevents him from journal writing?
5. Stephen says he feels like his new life has ended. What does he say he has returned to?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)