|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Keiko's family go in September of 1938?
(a) To the Tama shrine.
(b) To the teahouse.
(c) To visit her mother's family.
(d) To the beach.
2. Where does Keiko find Stephen when she heads to Matsu's to visit?
(a) In Matsu's garden.
(b) On the road to her house.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At the temple in Tama.
3. When does Stephen see the fishing knife that belonged to Matsu's and Tomoko's father?
(a) At Kenzo's teahouse, where it sits behind the bar.
(b) At Sachi's, when she tells him her story.
(c) In Yamaguchi, where Matsu points to a leper who uses it.
(d) After they return from Yamaguchi, he sees Matsu sharpening it.
4. What is Tomoko's reaction when Matsu tells her about Yamaguchi?
(b) She doesn't listen.
(d) She tells him to leave her alone.
5. What object does Tomoko ask Matsu to bring to her after she is afflicted with leprosy?
(a) Rocks for her garden.
(b) His father's fishing net.
(c) Her father's fishing knife.
(d) A pen and paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matsu tell Stephen about Sachi as a child?
2. When does Stephen's mother say that she and Pie will come to visit in her May, 1938 letter?
3. What tragedy befalls Keiko's family?
4. What event in 1923 destroyed all the houses and left many dead?
5. What do the old men that Stephen sees in Tarumi agree upon?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)