|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keiko do when Stephen asks her to meet him at the shrine?
(a) Begs him to leave her alone.
(b) Says he brings shame on her family.
(c) Touches his hand when no one is looking and leaves.
(d) Looks in his eyes and nods.
2. Who does Stephen refer to as "master of the house" in the journal entry about his September, 1938 visit?
(a) His father.
(c) Keiko's father.
3. What does Matsu tell Stephen he can hope for when he looks back on his life?
(a) To leave with all debts paid.
(b) That everything happened for a reason.
(c) That he has no regrets.
(d) That he loved and had been loved.
4. What story does Sachi's caregiver in Yamaguchi tell her?
(a) About the fire that killed her family.
(b) About the lady at the temple.
(c) About the pearl diver and her family.
(d) About the leper who saved her child.
5. What reports does Stephen record about the war in his May 15th, 1938 journal entry?
(a) Of China's sudden resurgence.
(b) Of the defeat of the Japanese army in Hong Kong.
(c) Of the Japanese Army's invasion of China.
(d) Of the Japanese Army's declaration of success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about the shantytowns by Pie in her letter?
2. What happens when Stephen walks Keiko home after her visit in March of 1938?
3. What does Stephen say he did at the celebration in Yamaguchi?
4. What are the Plum Rains?
5. How does Keiko say her father has brought shame to the family?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)