Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Autumn: September 1937
1. Describe the events that lead to Stephen's trip to Tarumi.
2. How does Stephen feel about traveling to Tarumi?
3. How does Stephen describe Matsu's garden?
4. What does Stephen think of Matsu when they initially meet?
5. What is Stephen's physical condition when he first arrives at the beach house in Tarumi?
6. How does Stephen feel about making friends with people once he is settled in the beach house?
Short Essay Question - Autumn: October 1937
This section contains 705 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)