|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Autumn: October, 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Keiko say her father has brought shame to the family?
(a) By alllowing Stephen to provoke him.
(b) By being rude.
(c) By requiring her to speak to Stephen on the family's behalf.
(d) By letting her brother fight in an unjust war.
2. How does Stephen respond to Keiko's addressing of her father's behavior?
(a) He gets angry at her attitude.
(b) He says her understands due to the war.
(c) He pushes her to discuss the issue.
(d) He is saddened by her behavior.
3. Why does Stephen say something has changed between himself and Keiko?
(a) Her anger and bitterness have lessened.
(b) They are more intimate because she watched him sleep.
(c) They are friendly again because they shared a picnic.
(d) There is an awkwardness he doesn't understand.
4. What does Sachi tell Stephen he has done for her and Matsu?
(a) Made them feel needed and accepted.
(b) Filled in the one gap that had been missing from their lives.
(c) Helped them grow closer.
(d) Allowed them to tell their stories.
5. What does Stephen's mother ask him to do?
(a) Talk to his father about his affair.
(b) Come home in her time of need.
(c) Return to his father's home in Japan.
(d) Find out about his father's affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter say Penelope feels about donating money for the refuges?
2. How does Stephen first feel when seeing the condition of afflicted villagers?
3. Who does Keiko say is in the Japanese army?
4. What is Stephen's interpretation of his parents' marriage at the end of the December journal entries?
5. What happens when Stephen walks Keiko home after her visit in March of 1938?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)