|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring: April 22 through May 30, 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachi tell Stephen when she learns that Matsu was unaware of this visit?
(a) That Stephen should only return alone.
(b) That it's best not to mention the visit.
(c) That Stephen should not return.
(d) Stephen is welcome back, but only if Matsu knows.
2. How does Stephen describe his relationship with Matsu as they walk back to Tarumi?
(b) At a breaking point.
3. What does Kenzo give Stephen?
(a) A too sweet drink made of roses.
(b) Tea made with a secret ingredient.
(c) The best tea he's ever tasted.
(d) A bitter drink with healing properties.
4. What does Stephen say about the celebration of the rebuilt houses in Yamaguchi?
(a) It was the best in his life.
(b) It was bittersweet.
(c) He doesn't understand the people's exuberance.
(d) He doesn't understand the symbolism.
5. Who does Sachi say was Matsu's opposite?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Stephen the black lacquer box with homemade yoken?
2. What does Penelope do for the Red Cross?
3. How does Keiko say her father has brought shame to the family?
4. Why does Stephen originally buy the journal?
5. Where does Stephen see the "nicest Christmas tree I ever had"?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)