|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring: April 22 through May 30, 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Stephen's feelings surrounding Penelope's war efforts?
(a) He commends her bravery.
(b) He understands her need to help.
(c) He resents that she spends her life in this way.
(d) He feels guilty that she is there while he is in Japan.
2. Who is Tomoko?
(a) Matsu's sister.
(b) Sachi's sister.
(c) Keiko's sister.
(d) Kenzo's sister.
3. What does Sachi show Stephen in her garden the day after the fire?
(a) A speckled fish in the pond.
(b) A blue-purple flower.
(c) A pale yellow bird in its nest.
(d) A new rock formation.
4. Where is Kenzo's body found?
(a) In the teahouse.
(b) In Matsu's garden.
(c) In the water.
(d) In Sachi's garden.
5. Why does Sachi often rearrange the stones in her garden?
(a) To arrange the best irrigation for her plants.
(b) To change the garden's appearance.
(c) To help her relax.
(d) To bring luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Stephen and Sachi acknowledge each other outside the temple after Kenzo's funeral?
2. What does Sachi refer to as "one of the small miracles of life"?
3. What are described as the symptoms of the illness which affects Stephen's family?
4. What does Stephen decide to pray for?
5. What effect does Matsu say Tomoko's illness had on their relationship?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)