|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Winter: January and February 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephen get to Kobe?
2. Where is Kenzo's body found?
(a) In Sachi's garden.
(b) In Matsu's garden.
(c) In the water.
(d) In the teahouse.
3. What best describes Kenzo and Matsu in their youth?
(a) Kenzo was shy and Matsu was industrious.
(b) Kenzo was popular and Matsu was shy.
(c) Kenzo was brave and Matsu was neat.
(d) Kenzo was ill and Matsu was helpful.
4. Who gives Stephen the black lacquer box with homemade yoken?
5. What does Stephen tell his mother about his father's affair?
(a) That the transferred money was for a business transaction.
(c) That his father refused to talk about it.
(d) That she should accept it and move on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person who meets Stephen at the train station in Tarumi?
2. What is the name of the object Stephen gives Matsu for luck?
3. Why does Sachi often rearrange the stones in her garden?
4. Where does Stephen first see Keiko?
5. Where does Stephen first see a kare sansui?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)