|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Winter: January and February 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are described as the symptoms of the illness which affects Stephen's family?
(a) Itchy rashes and fever.
(b) Constant coughing and fever.
(c) Delirium and rashes.
(d) Nausea and vomiting.
2. What does Stephen learn about his father at the beach?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) He was once a competitive swimmer.
(c) He wanted to be a painter when he was younger.
(d) His real age.
3. Why do Stephen and Matsu initially go to Yamaguchi?
(a) To deliver items from the garden.
(b) To deliver a message.
(c) To visit a friend of Matsu's.
(d) To get Stephen some fresh air.
4. Why does Stephen go to Tarumi?
(a) He is ill and is sent away for the cooler weather and to avoid infecting others.
(b) Stephen's mother is concerned he is becoming too reclusive.
(c) His father wants him to learn about the import-export business.
(d) Stephen's sister is sick and he is sent away to avoid getting the disease.
5. Who says, "You really are a monster"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen say he is happy to discover he will spend New Year's with?
2. What best describes Matsu's house?
3. What is Stephen's first impression of the person who meets him at the station?
4. What gift does Matsu give Stephen after the visit to Yamaguchi?
5. Who does Stephen travel to Kobe with?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)