|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Winter: January and February 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Keiko respond to Stephen's offer to carry her basket of persimmons?
(a) She walks away without speaking to him.
(b) She says yes.
(c) She wordlessly hands him the basket.
(d) She says no.
2. How does Stephen feel about his father leaving Tamuri in October of 1937?
3. Where does Stephen's father spend most of his time?
(c) Beach house in Tarumi.
4. Why doesn't Sachi hide at Matsu's house?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is tired of hiding.
(c) She doesn't hear anyone enter.
(d) She thinks Stephen is entering.
5. Where does Stephen first see a kare sansui?
(a) At Sachi's house.
(b) At the house by the beach.
(c) In Matsu's garden.
(d) At Keiko's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Kenzo stay in Tarumi?
2. Why does Stephen call the person he meets in Yamaguchi a kindred spirit?
3. What New Year's gifts does Stephen receive from his family?
4. What does Stephen notice a lack of in Tarumi?
5. Where does Stephen meet Kenzo?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)