|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Winter: December 5 through December 25, 1937.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen travel to Kobe with?
(c) His father.
2. Why doesn't Stephen ask Matsu to go along on his visit to Sachi?
(a) He wants to ask Sachi a question privately.
(b) He thinks that Matsu is getting ill and needs to rest.
(c) He doesn't want Matsu to go, or to say Stephen can't go.
(d) He is afraid that Sachi will refuse to see them.
3. Where does Stephen first see a kare sansui?
(a) In Matsu's garden.
(b) At Keiko's house.
(c) At Sachi's house.
(d) At the house by the beach.
4. Why does Stephen call the person he meets in Yamaguchi a kindred spirit?
(a) This person is sad.
(b) This person is lonely.
(c) This person is a painter.
(d) This person is ill.
5. How does Sachi say Tomoko died?
(a) She took her life with a fishing knife.
(b) She drowned herself.
(c) She was poisoned.
(d) The disease killed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matsu say he decides to visit Tama with Stephen?
2. Who does Stephen meet in Yamaguchi?
3. What does Stephen receive from his mother in November?
4. How does Stephen first feel when seeing the condition of afflicted villagers?
5. Why does Miko have to do the laundry?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)