|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Autumn: September, 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen tell Matsu about Keiko as the two men work in the garden?
(a) That he regrets their time together.
(b) That he is meeting her soon.
(c) That he's never felt this close to another person.
(d) That he won't be seeing her anymore.
2. What does Matsu tell Stephen about Sachi as a child?
(a) That she had great energy.
(b) That she could sleep until noon.
(c) That she had a gift with animals.
(d) That she had a gift with plants.
3. What two people do Stephen and his father discuss shortly before his father's departure?
(a) King and Stephen's mother.
(b) Henry and Anne.
(c) Pie and Keiko.
(d) Matsu and Matsu's sister.
4. Why doesn't Stephen ask Matsu to go along on his visit to Sachi?
(a) He thinks that Matsu is getting ill and needs to rest.
(b) He is afraid that Sachi will refuse to see them.
(c) He wants to ask Sachi a question privately.
(d) He doesn't want Matsu to go, or to say Stephen can't go.
5. What does Sachi say Matsu told her when he discovered she ran away rather than take her own life?
(a) There is a place you can go.
(b) My soul is grateful you could not act.
(c) It takes more courage to live than to die.
(d) One sister lost is enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sachi say Tanka should not have saved after the fire destroys Tanka's home?
2. Why is Stephen embarrassed by his body?
3. Why doesn't Sachi hide at Matsu's house?
4. How does Stephen feel about his father leaving Tamuri in October of 1937?
5. Why does Stephen say he feels cheated?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)